The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by SoSewSusanna
Hey, totally know where youre coming from, one of my teachers a few years back taught me this little nifty trick to solve the problem!

1. Buy the normal A4 dividers - theres no need to fork out extra £ on wider ones. Take one divider and lay it underneath a plastic pocket.

2. Mark on the plastic wallet with a Sharpie or other permanent marker the bit where the little tab sticks out.

3. Take a pair of scissors and cut a little rectangle on the plastic pocket where you've market the little tab. You should now have a little rectangualr sized gap in your plasic pocket.

4. Heres the tricky bit - insert the divider into the plastic pocket, ensuring that the tab slots through the gap you've just cut in the pocket.

5. Place the divider (now encased in the plastic pocket) in the right space in your folder. The little tab should now be visible because it has the same measurements as all your other bits of work (ie they've ALL been pushed out equally because they're all in plastic pockets)

*Little tip* To ensure your tabs dont rip or get folded and tear, cover them with a small bit of laminating tape or Sellotape.

Hope I helped, reply back if you're still confused and I'll clarify :smile:

Aha, I had this problem once, but my dad had bought special plastic dividers with tabs that stick out!
I seriously need to sort my life out and get a midyear diary. I'm being sent far too many dates for things, and I WILL forget.
Reply 1382
Original post by Celtic_Jewel
I lov my fineliners but I need something a bit thicker to do bubbles etc round things for emphasis - what do you guys recommend?

I would recommend Stabilo over anything else, and since you have the fineliners you might already know that they also make felt tips with 1mm+ line, a HUGE variety of colours, and they come in packs of 10, 20, 25, 40 and 50 at least! Here's what I've had for years (oldest ones close to 10 years, still working):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stabilo-Colorparade-Containing-Assorted-Colours/dp/B0014EIJMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345737733&sr=8-1 :love:

My current stationery dream: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snopake-Ring-Original-Binder-Pieces/dp/B000J6A528/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1345738269&sr=8-27 :colondollar: If anyone finds them (or something similar) cheaper somewhere else, please let me know! I can splurge on stationery no probs, but that's a bit much for my budget...! So far only Ryman seem to have similar ones that I've found...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1383
Just bought myself 10 Oxford refill pads :colondollar: Here's all my stationery, some from last year:

DSC_8133.jpg
DSC_8134.jpg
DSC_8135.jpg
DSC_8137.jpg
DSC_8138.jpg

As far as I can remember:

10 x Oxford Refill Pad
Moleskine 18mth Weekly Notebook Planner
Clairefontaine vocab book
Clairefontaine 1951 notebook (Pocket)
Pelikan 1001 Black ink
Staedtler Metal 15cm Ruler (I love metal rulers!)
Lamy Logo
Parker Facet
Faber-Castell Gripmatic Mechanical pencil
F-C eraser
Staedtler pigmented ink pen (10p sampler from Cult Pens)
Staedtler Colouring pencil pack with rubber and pencil (FREE with my order from Cultpens! I love them, no advert)
F-C dry highlighter (so my ink doesn't smudge :colondollar:)

If i've forgotten something, do quote :biggrin:
Original post by shmuxel
Just bought myself 10 Oxford refill pads :colondollar: Here's all my stationery, some from last year:

DSC_8133.jpg
DSC_8134.jpg
DSC_8135.jpg
DSC_8137.jpg
DSC_8138.jpg

As far as I can remember:

10 x Oxford Refill Pad
Moleskine 18mth Weekly Notebook Planner
Clairefontaine vocab book
Clairefontaine 1951 notebook (Pocket)
Pelikan 1001 Black ink
Staedtler Metal 15cm Ruler (I love metal rulers!)
Lamy Logo
Parker Facet
Faber-Castell Gripmatic Mechanical pencil
F-C eraser
Staedtler pigmented ink pen (10p sampler from Cult Pens)
Staedtler Colouring pencil pack with rubber and pencil (FREE with my order from Cultpens! I love them, no advert)
F-C dry highlighter (so my ink doesn't smudge :colondollar:)

If i've forgotten something, do quote :biggrin:

So jealous! :tongue: Where did you get the Oxford Refill pads from?
Original post by Celtic_Jewel
So far, I've got the box file, the fineliners and one of the lever arch files. I've yet to find the perfect diary and also I have a question - I lov my fineliners but I need something a bit thicker to do bubbles etc round things for emphasis - what do you guys recommend? I'm torn between coloured sharpies (I use the black ones to label boxes and things atm) and staedtler ones, because I've used them at school and I know they're slightly less fine than the stabilo ones. So what do you think? Love how this is my biggest concern when preparing for uni *shakes head*

Emma

definitely have a look at these beauties. there's a pack of 20 around as well if i remember correctly. and seriously, staedtler > stabilo. i've used stabilos for years (the fineliners and those slightly thicker ones) until my mum randomly bought the staedtler ones one day. i'm head over heels in love with them and have never looked back! :tongue:

the staedtler fineliners are amazing as well. have both packs at home. :love:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ohdrama
definitely have a look at these beauties. there's a pack of 20 around as well if i remember correctly. and seriously, staedtler > stabilo. i've used stabilos for years (the fineliners and those slightly thicker ones) until my mum randomly bought the staedtler ones one day. i'm head over heels in love with them and have never looked back! :tongue:

the staedtler fineliners are amazing as well. have both packs at home. :love:

I have both the staedtler fineliners and the thicker ones (do they have a name?! XD) and I love them! They are great.
Have never used the Stabilo ones though so I can't compare.
Original post by katehlouise
I have both the staedtler fineliners and the thicker ones (do they have a name?! XD) and I love them! They are great.
Have never used the Stabilo ones though so I can't compare.

They really are amazing and so incredibly long-lasting. I'm seriously in love haha. :biggrin:

I think the fineliners are called "triplus fineliner" and the thicker ones "triplus colour". But I didn't know until I checked amazon like a minute ago. :tongue:
Reply 1388
Just ordered my pens for cultpens :love: Zebra Z grip max pens. I was waiting untill I found out when I go back to uni to buy things but I honestly cannot wait any longer :P

Now I need :
Oxford note pads
A week to veiw Dairy
An a5 notebook for my to do lists

But I will probs end up buying so much more when I go out :P
Original post by ohdrama
They really are amazing and so incredibly long-lasting. I'm seriously in love haha. :biggrin:

I think the fineliners are called "triplus fineliner" and the thicker ones "triplus colour". But I didn't know until I checked amazon like a minute ago. :tongue:

Yep! I have had my fineliners for a good 3 years, at least!
Reply 1390
Original post by jcm6084
Porsche design titanium mechanical pencil and USUS Io aluminium magnetic mechanism pen...Just because I'm a slut for German over-engineered metal things.

are porsche design good? I considered them when doing my pen research.

Does that mean you have a collection of lamy pens?!
I have now bought a cube of sticky notes, coloured pens and a pencil case finally! its a shame ive done stationary shopping already :frown:
I think I may have reached the limit of stationary that I can actually justify buying :-(
However I doubt it'll stop me with a month still to go!!!
i cant wait to buy- gonna hit staples, the range, tescos, whsmith and maybe some other small corner shops haha
Binged in Sainsburys the other day and just done the same in Staples. I plan on visiting more outlets over the Bank Holiday. Bring it on! I brought a post-it note dispenser in the shape of a...handbag! My life is complete.
Reply 1395
Is it worth getting the Palgrave Student Planner? I am seriously considering it to keep on top of things and it has good reviews on amazon but on the other hand I don't want to spend unnecessary money.
I'm going stationary shopping super early tomorrow so that I can go to Tesco's and stock up on Oxford paper. A little birdy told me it's delivery day!
Original post by Arianne
Hey. Could you post photos of its pages please? I can't seem to find ANY photos of the contents of this diary online and I don't live in the UK yet so I can't go check in store(2013 uni applicant here :frown: ). It's available in online bookshops for <7 pounds with free shipping to Bulgaria, I just can't tell whether it is what I'm looking for without having had a look inside. Something like 2-3 photos would be great (for example monthly view, timetable and weekly view).
Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering you. :colondollar:

I'll do that for you, and upload as soon as I can. :smile:
it's an organisation thing so am putting it here but, can i justify it? it's just. i really. really. really. REALLY. want one!:redface:

http://www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk/shop/collections/the-batchel
Original post by ashtoreth
it's an organisation thing so am putting it here but, can i justify it? it's just. i really. really. really. REALLY. want one!:redface:

http://www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk/shop/collections/the-batchel

I really want this one http://www.zatchels.com/bags/brown-executive-satchel.html
It's just way too much money. I love Zatchels though xD I would totally get one if money wasn't a problem - even if I had the money I couldn't justify buying it when I know there's more important things needed aha.

Latest

Trending

Trending