The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frangoddard
Ooh that would be lovely thanks. Which one have you ordered?
I will have to wait a bit anyway, spent far too much recently :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

My Herschel arrived today!
I got the Heritage one from ASOS and it was around £50 with 10% off in 'Washed Grape'.
The quality seems really good, but the bag is a bit smaller than I expected! I'd try and measure it out to make sure its okay for you (it fits my 13 inch macbook air in it perfectly across with like 2 inches to spare at the top, and its like 2-3 inches deep at the bottom). I really like it, it also comes with 1 years warranty (weird for a bag!)
It also has a laptop pouch across the back which is handy, and an mp3 pouch with one of those little holes for your speakers :tongue:
The front pocket has a clip inside and would fit a pencil case or something!
The straps are also a little padded so I think it would be comfortable to carry around too, but they're not so padded they're bulky; the bag is very streamlined.

Thats my opinion anyway! I think it's worth the money but only if you're going to be using it loads (which I am) because like £55 is a lot for a backpack!
Original post by Firecrackerchild
ahhhhhhhhhhh! Bought all my saucepans, bedding and kitchen stuff today! Now onto stationary!

I have a pocket sized filofax (so much love) and I initially intended to use this for everything, but am concerned about how little space there is in the diary parts for inputting Uni stuff like lectures/meetings and for writing in assignments. Does anyone know of a cheap, but decent academic year planner/diary with lots of space per day, but is small enough to pop into my bag?

Alsohow many files are people planning on taking to uni in total, and what size etc? I'm thinking one A4 lever arch, and two or three A4 size, but the small ones. And lots of paper pads.... hehe

I'd stay with your pocket Filofax but switch to day per page or two days per page - maybe try making a month's worth of that on standard lines paper to see if it works for you?
Reply 1782
My palgrave student planner will be arriving today! :excited:
..maybe I shouldn't be this excited.

I saw a really cute diary the other day as well, but I figured it would be a bit pointless since I'm getting a student planner. It was really cute though... :daydreaming:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1783
Is anyone here like me, who stalks this thread everyday and dreams up the most amazing stationery and organisation plan, but still hasn't gone out and bought the stuff? (I've been stalking this thread for about three and a half weeks... :love: )
Original post by MillieJ
Is anyone here like me, who stalks this thread everyday and dreams up the most amazing stationery and organisation plan, but still hasn't gone out and bought the stuff? (I've been stalking this thread for about three and a half weeks... :love: )

me. I vaguely know what I'm getting, just waiting until I get to Sheffield before buying it all.
Reply 1785
Original post by ilickbatteries
I want a hardback, wirebound A4 notepad with decent quality paper for a decent price.

Can't find any other than WHSmiths but they're all the same colour cover and I'd rather they were different. Any suggestions?

Asda do a few different types am so fussy about paper because of ink bleeding in the paper

Original post by frangoddard
I'm coming to Leeds this year!
Happy there is someone there with the same outlook as me ;p
Any good stationery shops around?

Awesome! Which course are you doing? Might see each other around, both adorned with ridiculous amounts of pretty stationery :tongue:

Not particularly any good ones but the union shop is pretty immense for stationery (the amount of pens they have is insane) and there is really every type of stationery you could possibly want haha.

Original post by River Shadow
Awesome. :smile:

I'm quite happy to avoid the real world for as long as possible to be honest! Hope to do a PGCE after uni though.

Ahhh me too! I'm applying this year for my PGCE :smile: Unfortunately due to wanting to live at home with my boyfriend I am limited to only two choices. Hoping I will get onto it, if not looks like a year of agency supply work :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

-------

Oh my days. I only ordered my organiser last night and I want it to arrive NOW. Anyone any experience with how long Paperchase standard delivery takes?
Original post by snailsareslimy
My Herschel arrived today!
I got the Heritage one from ASOS and it was around £50 with 10% off in 'Washed Grape'.
The quality seems really good, but the bag is a bit smaller than I expected! I'd try and measure it out to make sure its okay for you (it fits my 13 inch macbook air in it perfectly across with like 2 inches to spare at the top, and its like 2-3 inches deep at the bottom). I really like it, it also comes with 1 years warranty (weird for a bag!)
It also has a laptop pouch across the back which is handy, and an mp3 pouch with one of those little holes for your speakers :tongue:
The front pocket has a clip inside and would fit a pencil case or something!
The straps are also a little padded so I think it would be comfortable to carry around too, but they're not so padded they're bulky; the bag is very streamlined.

Thats my opinion anyway! I think it's worth the money but only if you're going to be using it loads (which I am) because like £55 is a lot for a backpack!

Thanks! Sounds good. My laptop is 15 inch, so I may have to see if any of the others would fit that :tongue:
I was thinking I may use a bag I already have until I get my loan through and buy it then because I will have spare money, and all the savings I have at the moment I really need for freshers :tongue:
I like the heritage but I think I like the pop quiz more, but thanks, I'll definitely get one, just later :tongue:

Original post by outlaw-torn
Awesome! Which course are you doing? Might see each other around, both adorned with ridiculous amounts of pretty stationery :tongue:

Not particularly any good ones but the union shop is pretty immense for stationery (the amount of pens they have is insane) and there is really every type of stationery you could possibly want haha.

I'm doing chemistry :tongue: excited to go though, but nervous I suppose :tongue: actually can't wait to start learning again though,nit feels like it has been ages!

Ok so after my last 'I can't possibly buy any more' post...I may have gone and bought a few extras...
Another lever arch file, some sticky labels and a conference writing pad. I'm in love <3
Still no actual writing paper though! That's tomorrows project :-D :-D
Original post by dancinginrainbows
Are Moleskines really meant to be ink-proof?

I just got the 18-month academic diary, and Pelikan black and Waterman green inks (with a Lamy Logo pen) are bleeding like crazy on it. Does anyone know if these inks are known for being bad, or know alternatives that won't bleed? I don't like the diary at all at the moment (also arrived from Amazon all beaten up), which is annoying because it wasn't cheap.

Moleskines nowadays are terrible for see-through and bleed-through. They used to be good, but in the past 2 years or so they have changed the paper and it is no longer of the same quality. I'd recommend a Leuchtturm notebook instead - they come in a wider range of sizes and colours than Moleskine and have better-quality paper, with no bleed through and little (if any) see-through.
(edited 11 years ago)
What size bag do people take to uni?
Paperchase order: dispatched. YAY

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by RibenaRockstar
I'd stay with your pocket Filofax but switch to day per page or two days per page - maybe try making a month's worth of that on standard lines paper to see if it works for you?

hmmmmmmmmm, when I was buying inserts I couldn't find any which were academic year day/two days per page! For all of 2012 or 2013 I could find them, but I work in academic years! I have the plain ruled notepaper, which I may insert between each week? :smile:
Oh my god I need the bright green Lamy safari :love:
Original post by racheatworld
Oh my god I need the bright green Lamy safari :love:

Just got mine :biggrin: it is definitely worth it, imo it's the best limited edition one they've done :awesome:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Talking of Paperchase, tomorrow or Friday I'll be going with my BF to the nearest big shopping centre - an hours bus ride away XD I have pretty bad anxiety atm so the drive of wanting to and fondle pretty stationery is a big one, and proving to be good therapy :wink: First time in ages I've felt excited for something too!

Have you tried artbox.co.uk, literally their stationery is amazing, and dare I say it, even better than paperchase :grin:
Original post by smile:D
Just got mine :biggrin: it is definitely worth it, imo it's the best limited edition one they've done :awesome:

So jealous! Where did you get it from? Is there anywhere cheaper than Cultpens?
Does anyone know of a fountain pen that's got a fine point? I hate writing in anything more than 0.6mm! But miss the look and feel of a fountain pen!

Reply 1799
Original post by GooglyEyedMonster
Does anyone know of a fountain pen that's got a fine point? I hate writing in anything more than 0.6mm! But miss the look and feel of a fountain pen!

Order any Lamy pen from Cultpens (the Logo is very good), and order an Extra-Fine or Fine nib for about £5. Lamy nibs are interchangeable, so just swap them out.

Latest

Trending

Trending