I'm part of county which I think is the best

especially county main. :ninja: :p:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1781
Hey, anyone knows what this means?

" Do you meet our minimum academic requirements for school and higher education?"

It's on the questionnaire for the Ernst and Young degree.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply 1782
"Do you meet our minimum academic requirements for school and higher education?"

It usually means they want you to have minimum qualifications of Cs at GCSE in English, Maths and sometimes Science, regardless of A levels or the subject you are studying.
I wouldn't know about this particular case though. "
does anyone know where i can get flash cards on campus? dont want to go into town.
areusureaboutthat
does anyone know where i can get flash cards on campus? dont want to go into town.

Maybe check out that guy with mobile phones and stuff near the alex square.
I wouldn't be suprised if they sold them in the Newsagents on Alexandra Square. The one in the corner near Greggs.
Pheylan
got a few questions about lancaster's internet

- what sort of speeds do you get?
- are torrents blocked?
- is rapidshare blocked?

It's very fast. According to speedtest, d/l speed 42 Mb, u/l speed 13 Mb.

Torrents are not blocked I think, but you'll surely get a fine if you download illegal stuff. :s-smilie:

Rapidshare is alright. :smile:
Pheylan

- are torrents blocked?

They aren't, however if we receive a complaint from the copyright holder for the material you were downloading you'll be off to the deans.

Sorry :/

M2.
I have an interview on Tuesday whats the best way to get there from the train station?
PatmaCrotch
I have an interview on Tuesday whats the best way to get there from the train station?

Walk down to the bus station and take a bus to University (#2, 3 or 4).
PatmaCrotch

From campus to the train station?

There is a direct bus - the X1 - which picks up/drops off at the underpass on campus [underneath Alex Sq] and outside the railway station. That runs until around 6pm I think and is every 20 minutes or so. It is probably your best bet if you are not familiar with the area although there are alternatives.

On campus, you can jump on any bus into Lancaster [such as the 2, 2A, 3, or 4] and get off on Common Garden Street. You will be able to spot it as the bus will turn off the one way main road [to the right] after it passes KFC and a Kitchen shop plus the bus stop is usually quite a popular one and is next to New Look. From the bus stop, you would walk back to the main road and continue along it [as if the bus had gone straight]. Just up the slight hill you will find a Waterstones. At the Waterstones, turn left and you will pass the road to the Castle and a street to your left called 'Dallas Road'. The railway station is just on the right. [Google Map]
affinity89
From campus to the train station?

There is a direct bus - the X1 - which picks up/drops off at the underpass on campus [underneath Alex Sq] and outside the railway station. That runs until around 6pm I think and is every 20 minutes or so. It is probably your best bet if you are not familiar with the area although there are alternatives.

On campus, you can jump on any bus into Lancaster [such as the 2, 2A, 3, or 4] and get off on Common Garden Street. You will be able to spot it as the bus will turn off the one way main road [to the right] after it passes KFC and a Kitchen shop plus the bus stop is usually quite a popular one and is next to New Look. From the bus stop, you would walk back to the main road and continue along it [as if the bus had gone straight]. Just up the slight hill you will find a Waterstones. At the Waterstones, turn left and you will pass the road to the Castle and a street to your left called 'Dallas Road'. The railway station is just on the right. [Google Map]

No sorry I ment fro the train station to the uni sorry should have been clearer.:o:
PatmaCrotch
No sorry I ment fro the train station to the uni sorry should have been clearer.:o:

Then the same goes. :smile:

You leave the station and will find a bus stop to the left hand side and a taxi rank straight ahead. The X1 bus stops there and will take you to the university where you will get off at the underpass. It costs £1.45 single or £2.15 return. :smile:
Does anyone know if any (first year) exams are in the final week of summer term or if you have to remain at the university then? i want to apply for KAMP USA but the term dates mean i could literally only go on the last weekend they offer which would really limit the options, so i would like to leave earlier if possible but obviously not if i'm going to miss an exam. thanks :smile:
Reply 1794
Here's exam dates:
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/studentservices/registry/termdates.htm

You don't have to stay around once they're done.
Reply 1795
A there any part time jobs available in Lancaster Uni or City?
pri
(edited 12 years ago)
tfxx
A there any part time jobs available in Lancaster Uni or City?

There are always some floating around... the jobshop at Lusu always has quite a few pinned up.
does anyone know where i can get a camera fixed in town?
Reply 1799
There's a camera shop in the centre. Is it Wilkinsons? Opposite Next and next to Dorothy Perkins. I imagine they fix cameras, although I have never been in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending