The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sold out golden ticket... umm ok..

I dont understand why Sussex SU cant release more golden tickets, its going to cost me a fortune to buy tickets for everything individually :frown:
Or if I only buy a few, I dont know which to get.

Are people buying individual tickets online or are people going to wait and buy them in freshers? Online there is a booking fee too :/

Golden ticket had free bus transport for freshers too.. this sucks so much
Reply 1
Original post by sofierce
I dont understand why Sussex SU cant release more golden tickets, its going to cost me a fortune to buy tickets for everything individually :frown:
Or if I only buy a few, I dont know which to get.

Are people buying individual tickets online or are people going to wait and buy them in freshers? Online there is a booking fee too :/

Golden ticket had free bus transport for freshers too.. this sucks so much
Hey there

We can only have a limited number because some of the smaller events included in the Gold Ticket (e.g. barn dance) only have a limited capacity. If you're not sure which events you want to go to you could wait until you arrive and see what your friends are going to (though you'd need to be careful that we don't sell out beforehand - you can keep an eye on the number of tickets left on our website)

Gold Tickets were on sale for a week this year before they sold out. They sold out quicker than last year (which took three weeks to sell out)

Jo
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by SussexJo
Hey there

We can only have a limited number because some of the smaller events included in the Gold Ticket (e.g. barn dance) only have a limited capacity. If you're not sure which events you want to go to you could wait until you arrive and see what your friends are going to (though you'd need to be careful that we don't sell out beforehand - you can keep an eye on the number of tickets left on our website)

Gold Tickets were on sale for a week this year before they sold out. They sold out quicker than last year (which took three weeks to sell out)

Jo

Ah ok thanks. Just a bit gutted that it sold out so quickly. Do you think that the freshers ball, welcome party and seafront festival may be the most popular events?
Reply 3
Original post by sofierce
Ah ok thanks. Just a bit gutted that it sold out so quickly. Do you think that the freshers ball, welcome party and seafront festival may be the most popular events?
It's hard to tell really. Lots of people seem quite excited about the Pier Party. It's the first time we've done a Freshers Ball like this so we're not sure what people will make of it!

Jo
Reply 4
It's hard to tell really. Lots of people seem quite excited about the Pier Party. It's the first time we've done a Freshers Ball like this so we're not sure what people will make of it!

Jo

OK thanks Jo :smile:
tell me about it, i didnt expect to have to spend 90 bloody quid on tickets to about 5 events...most normal unis do a 'golden ticket' equivalent for the whole week for £25-30 and my friends were horrified when i told them how much it was.
I agree that the prices are too high, I mean the events might be high enough quality to warrant the prices but I feel like they are excluding people who don't have a lot of financial backing (savings, parents etc). But to be fair there are free events as well, and the pier party seems reasonably priced so I'll probably go to that. Otherwise it'll have to be house parties all the way!
Reply 7
Unfortunately, that is just how much it costs us to put on the events. We'd love to be able to do everything for free but just don't have enough money. As you said conflatedjustin, we've made sure there are plenty of free events so people can still get involved in lots of things without spending money.

Some other universities just organise lots of club nights (which aren't very expensive to run) but we've tried to offer a real mix of things so people can find something they're interested in. Lots of people will do other cheap things like just hang out with their new housemates or go to one of our bars so hopefully everyone will have a great time regardless of what they end up doing

Jo
Reply 8
Original post by Charlieeeeee
tell me about it, i didnt expect to have to spend 90 bloody quid on tickets to about 5 events...most normal unis do a 'golden ticket' equivalent for the whole week for £25-30 and my friends were horrified when i told them how much it was.
Our Gold Ticket includes 8 events I think plus free travel all week, we tried to make it as good value as we could

Jo
I thought I'd go to all the freshers events, but honestly, you'll probably end up chilling with your flatmates and discovering town for yourself...

On the first day you get there, see what everyone else in your flat has booked to go to, and get tickets for those events :smile:
Our Gold Ticket includes 8 events I think plus free travel all week, we tried to make it as good value as we could

Jo

Free travel?! Does that mean I don't have to pay for ANY buses to and from the uni? :O
Reply 11
Original post by Paradoxicals
Free travel?! Does that mean I don't have to pay for ANY buses to and from the uni? :O
The Gold Ticket includes free travel on the Big Lemon buses all week. They run between Brighton and the campus

Jo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending