The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Freshers wristbands

Are the ones sold on fatsoma good or is it better to just get the officials ones that nottingam su will publish (Do they release a official wristband or not?)
Fatsoma tickets for any freshers events are dodgy. Fatsoma don't do refunds (despite what they say) so if it turns out your flatmates don't have tickets (likely) and you don't want to go to these things on your own then you've wasted your money.

Wait until you know who your friends/flatmates are and which events you want to go to together and buy tickets in late August/early September. The tickets will cost a bit more but you'll only need to buy the tickets you're going to use so you wont be giving your money away to dodgy companies/promoters
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Fatsoma tickets for any freshers events are dodgy. Fatsoma don't do refunds (despite what they say) so if it turns out your flatmates don't have tickets (likely) and you don't want to go to these things on your own then you've wasted your money.

Wait until you know who your friends/flatmates are and which events you want to go to together and buy tickets in late August/early September. The tickets will cost a bit more but you'll only need to buy the tickets you're going to use so you wont be giving your money away to dodgy companies/promoters

The BooHooMan event, is that normally a big one?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ

Also, how do i know who my flatmates are in late august?
Original post by Anonymous
Also, how do i know who my flatmates are in late august?

Once accomodation has been released people often network these using the private group chats. Although there is generally a lot of churn & change until after results day.

Most of the private fresher events are crap organised by people to scam students into going to some small bar with no where near what is promised.

Its best to get the official events as they are organised by the SU and you’ll be guaranteed to fo find lots of other people in your accomodation going to the same places. And the official SU events are typically geld in the biggest clubs with recognised student nights and the SU work with them regularly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending