The Student Room Group

Freshers + first year

When do people usually purchase freshers tickets since I wanna wait till after results day to buy them to save myself the hassle of returning them if I don’t get it but I see many people on the gc already buying them and the tickets running out and getting more expensive. Will they run out by results day? Is it common to go to every freshers party day after day?

Also I haven’t really made any friends yet from my flat or course in general from the gc so now I’m worried about who to hang out with during freshers if I don’t end up vibing with my flat mates. Will more people join the gc after results day?
Most people claiming to have bought tickets aren’t genuine freshers - they’re reps for fatsoma ticket sellers. Keep looking for genuine groups that aren’t run by reps - that’s where your flat and coursemates will usually be. The student union or university might have an official group.

Fatsoma doesn’t refund tickets no matter what they say and the vast majority of freshers events don’t sell out (and even those that do will have people reselling their tickets because fatsoma doesn’t refund)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Most people claiming to have bought tickets aren’t genuine freshers - they’re reps for fatsoma ticket sellers. Keep looking for genuine groups that aren’t run by reps - that’s where your flat and coursemates will usually be. The student union or university might have an official group.

Fatsoma doesn’t refund tickets no matter what they say and the vast majority of freshers events don’t sell out (and even those that do will have people reselling their tickets because fatsoma doesn’t refund)

Yes the people on my course gc, flat mates gc and general people coming in September gc have all started to buy them and on the fatsoma website it says sold out for the cheaper tickets and says they’re fully refundable if I don’t get into uni, I just have to email evidence and request a refund. Do they actually not refund? Is it better to just wait till results day to buy them then if they don’t refund?
Original post by Anonymous
Yes the people on my course gc, flat mates gc and general people coming in September gc have all started to buy them and on the fatsoma website it says sold out for the cheaper tickets and says they’re fully refundable if I don’t get into uni, I just have to email evidence and request a refund. Do they actually not refund? Is it better to just wait till results day to buy them then if they don’t refund?

These companies are scammers. The events happen but they make their profits through pressure selling, lying about refunds and employing people to pretend to be freshers and promote events. Often they don’t even live/study in the uk.

anyone posting links to events and tickets is unlikely to be a genuine fresher.

have a look for your university student union. Those events usually go on sale in august and do sell out without needing to trick people into buying tickets they won’t use and can’t get refunds for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending