The Student Room Group

Freshers wristband/tickets for Cambridge?

Just hoping someone can clear this up for me!

My friends going to other unis are buying wristbands and tickets for freshers events in advance and I'm wondering if its the same for Cambridge? I know the nightlife is limited to a few clubs so I'm thinking popular events might sell out. At the same time I don't want to waste money if no one else from my college is going to the same nights.

I'm used to going out in Bristol and just paying on the door so the idea of pre-booking is new to me! Any insight would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Just hoping someone can clear this up for me!

My friends going to other unis are buying wristbands and tickets for freshers events in advance and I'm wondering if its the same for Cambridge? I know the nightlife is limited to a few clubs so I'm thinking popular events might sell out. At the same time I don't want to waste money if no one else from my college is going to the same nights.

I'm used to going out in Bristol and just paying on the door so the idea of pre-booking is new to me! Any insight would be appreciated :smile:

You do not prebook wristbands for Oxford or Cambridge for Freshers week.
There are wristbands for week 0 and week 1 in Cambridge, as well as individual tickets - though some of them are sold out already. I think your college ticket reps should get in contact with you about it but I'll have a look now

Edit: There is no week 1 wristband (which would be when you arrive) - tickets have been released and sold out for the two biggest nights, rumboogie and la vida lola (reps might have paper tickets for freshers?), but there should be other nights released soon or possibly already. Contact your college rep if you know who it is (feel free to PM me if you're not sure) or have a look on Fixr (which is where all Cambridge club tickets are sold).
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Theloniouss
There are wristbands for week 0 and week 1 in Cambridge, as well as individual tickets - though some of them are sold out already. I think your college ticket reps should get in contact with you about it but I'll have a look now

Edit: There is no week 1 wristband (which would be when you arrive) - tickets have been released and sold out for the two biggest nights, rumboogie and la vida lola, but there should be other nights released soon or possibly already. Contact your college rep if you know who it is (feel free to PM me if you're not sure) or have a look on Fixr (which is where all Cambridge club tickets are sold).

I stand corrected. Thanks for helping 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending