The Student Room Group

Is Psychology a relatively easier A-level subject to get A?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by iammichealjackson
Probably, although there was a table in The Times showing that a lot less people get A*s and A in psychology when compared to maths (in terms of percentages). So like 5% of psych people got A*s whilst 19% of maths people got A*s.

Its not ideal to do by yourself. The essays require a certain formula to get full marks... i had to resit two modules and just scraped an A* what i needed to do psych at university. If you can get a tutor who knows the spec your doing (or you can see the psych teacher at your old sixth form) then that would be MASSIVELY helpful!

I'd say in terms of content and learning it wouldn't be too hard to get an A. Something like physics may be harder to learn, but physics grade boundries are really low! (& I actually did better in physics!)

FYI there is no coursework for psychology... which is good for you since it would be difficult to arrange. I'd say maths is actually easier to do without teaching for A Level... since there is a lot of help for that online (online tutorials/a lot of past papers)

Oh god your scaring me. I was planning to do psychology on my own. But now I am not so sure. I am really lost now. I know NO ONE who is specialized in psychology, also they don't offer it in our school. Can I get help online???
Reply 41
You just need a good memory, its just basically a memory test!
Original post by Munchee
Oh god your scaring me. I was planning to do psychology on my own. But now I am not so sure. I am really lost now. I know NO ONE who is specialized in psychology, also they don't offer it in our school. Can I get help online???

Hey. You can study psychology on your own, but i would definately seek some extra tuition to get the essay-formulas right. Psychology a level is mostly about memorising/being able to spew essays which go through a strict formula.
Reply 43
Original post by iammichealjackson
Hey. You can study psychology on your own, but i would definately seek some extra tuition to get the essay-formulas right. Psychology a level is mostly about memorising/being able to spew essays which go through a strict formula.

Thanks, that was comforting. I guess where there's a will there's a way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending