The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Reading list for History students?

I know that it depends on what modules you're taking, but has anyone bought/read some books beforehand? I know we all have to take Paths from Antiquity to Modernity, so it seems unlikely that the library has enough copies of all those books ... anyone bought some of them already? And how did you pick which ones from the list?

Some one told me that the list that's on the module description is only a preliminary reading list, if you want to prepare yourself beforehand, and that the actual reading list will be given out at lectures. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm unsure if I should go ahead and buy some already :/
Hi I did English and History and you REALLY do not need to buy any books at all for your course until 3rd year. Don't waste your money as you will regret it later. Paths is easy going, and most of the work is from e-offprints or books they recommend when you get there. Don't worry, just enjoy Freshers and let the work sink in either.

If you are super eager beaver then just read a history monograph on something you are personally interested in if you havn't read one before.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending