The Student Room Group

Megathread of Waterloo Road

Scroll to see replies

So sad... :cry: Tom Clarkson was awesome, what is 'Waterloo Road' without him?! It was nice to see Grantly again as well, although I'm not really sure anything happened through much of the episode. Also, throughout Kyle's time on 'Waterloo Road', they've been so inconsistent with his characterisation, it's irritating... That and the fact they didn't attempt CPR on Tom... They didn't with Izzie either. I really want to see Chlo and Mika again even more now... They've lost their mum and their stepdad.

Original post by AlexInWonderland
And then there was one original left :'(

Tom Clarkson was the best teacher imo, his character developed so much from the first series when he didn't really care, to being the best teacher of the lot and a brilliant man.

I had no idea he was leaving :frown:

Tbh, the show won't be the same anymore, not sure how much longer I'll stay loyal.

It definitely won't be the same without lovely Tom... :frown:
For such a loved character, that was a really **** ending.
I am beginning to lose interest in Waterloo Road! Why do they have to kill off the remainder of the beloved original cast. R.I.P Mr.Clarkson, you were an amazing teacher. :frown:
R.I.P Mr Clarkson, my favourite character! Actually cried this episode, so emotional.

Does anyone know if Michael's returning!?
Original post by charcharchar
R.I.P Mr Clarkson, my favourite character! Actually cried this episode, so emotional.

Does anyone know if Michael's returning!?

Nope, he's left for good I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was ****ing terrible what an absolute joke of an episode. I'm so sad. I didn't start watching Waterloo Road at the beggining (I think I was in Y6) and I started in Y10 or 11 so I missed a good few series. I'm now watching them all through from the first series onwards. Everything has changed- the school has a completely different identity.

The pupils really get me- like Barry Barry (what a joke of a name and character) being this "hard man"? In the earlier series, pretty much every pupil behaved worse. "You're going to go back into the classroom"... Barry almost wells up with tears? Another character with the consistency of blancmange. There's also like... no-one in the playground. Watch the episodes from serie 1. For a school with so many problems, it sure did have better attendance than now.
I'm so angry at this episode what a cop out. I can't believe Jason Done agreed to even film that! Tom deserved a much more dignified ending than that and the writers definitely missed a big opportunity to bring back older characters. It looked so fake when he was falling as well:s-smilie:

I will continue to watch because I want to see what happeneds to Grantly and I feel loyal after watching since the beginning haha but it really has gone so downhill!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Big congrats to Jason Done for fantastic performances all the way throughout Waterloo Road. Tom Clarkson is by far the best character in this series; was hoping that Tom miraculously survived the fall, but it isn't to be

So only Grantly Budgeon remains...

Getting seriously close to stop watching this show
Original post by accountant-future
Big congrats to Jason Done for fantastic performances all the way throughout Waterloo Road. Tom Clarkson is by far the best character in this series; was hoping that Tom miraculously survived the fall, but it isn't to be

So only Grantly Budgeon remains...

Getting seriously close to stop watching this show

He's leaving too, though :frown:
Interesting how for everyone Tom gets very close too ends up in disaster for them.

Lorna dickey (romance): Suicide
Izzy Redpath (romance): Stabbed (died)
Davina Shakleton (romance): Left forever after three disastrous school relationships (including one with a child).
Rose Kelly (romance): Two of her children dead, one assaulted by police officer, one on life imprisonment
Georgina Stevenson (romance): Stole sperm, raised child in secret then dumped him on Tom when teenager.
Francesca Montoya (romance): Ends up imprisoned after getting pregnant and married to a school child
Eleanor chaudry (romance) : Most likely sacked
Chloe (Foster child): Partly responsible for a car crash which caused the death of a school friend.
Mica (Foster child) : Ends up with environmental activists that nearly cause her expulsion and Toms death.
Josh (Child) : Ends up with paranoid schizophrenia and later in serious amounts of debt.
Grantly (best friend): Late stage kidney failure, Wife dies of early onset alzheimer's.
Tom (himself): Fell off the roof (died)
Original post by QuantumOverlord
Interesting how for everyone Tom gets very close too ends up in disaster for them.

Davina Shakleton (romance): Left forever after three disastrous school relationships (including one with a child).
Rose Kelly (romance): Two of her children dead, one assaulted by police officer, one on life imprisonment
Georgina Stevenson (romance): Stole sperm, raised child in secret then dumped him on Tom when teenager.
Francesca Montoya (romance): Ends up imprisoned after getting pregnant and married to a school child
Chloe (Foster child): Partly responsible for a car crash which caused the death of a school friend.
Mica (Foster child) : Ends up with environmental activists that nearly cause her expulsion and Toms death.
Josh (Child) : Ends up with paranoid schizophrenia and later in serious amounts of debt.
Grantly (best friend): Late stage kidney failure, Wife dies of early onset alzheimer's.

I've been wondering if we'll later hear that Davina's died somehow (not sure how, unless an old character comes back, but still), as along with Lorna and Izzie, she was one of his most long-term relationships (actually, longer than Izzie I think), and given both he and the two other women have died...
Original post by QuantumOverlord

Who's Eleanor?

Can see Mika, Chlo, Josh, Dante & Brett all coming back for at least a couple of episodes
Kyle Stack could be a regular I think next series will start with his murder trial
Original post by Lucy96
He's leaving too, though :frown:

Yeah, I know :frown: but when?
Original post by accountant-future
Who's Eleanor?

Can see Mika, Chlo, Josh, Dante & Brett all coming back for at least a couple of episodes
Kyle Stack could be a regular I think next series will start with his murder trial

She was an English teacher in the first part of S7 (don't think she did more than 10 episodes, although I might be wrong on that).
Too many teachers die in Waterloo road :lol: - and students :lolwut:

Did anyone notice that Tom Clarkson was basically introduced running out onto the roof to help someone (the initial headmaster who had a mental breakdown) and he died doing the same?
Original post by AspiringGenius
Too many teachers die in Waterloo road :lol: - and students :lolwut:

Did anyone notice that Tom Clarkson was basically introduced running out onto the roof to help someone (the initial headmaster who had a mental breakdown) and he died doing the same?

Ooh, good catch. I didn't notice that (despite having watched that episode last week), but maybe that's why they chose that exit route for him. I saw a thing on Twitter about how his death scene was similar to Izzie's as the head tried to help (sort of, neither Rimmer nor Mulgrew bothered with CPR) and held them in their arms as they died, both died in the playground, you see both their eyes close... I really hope they give him a remembrance plaque like Izzie had on the Rochdale site.
Original post by River Shadow
Ooh, good catch. I didn't notice that (despite having watched that episode last week), but maybe that's why they chose that exit route for him. I saw a thing on Twitter about how his death scene was similar to Izzie's as the head tried to help (sort of, neither Rimmer nor Mulgrew bothered with CPR) and held them in their arms as they died, both died in the playground, you see both their eyes close... I really hope they give him a remembrance plaque like Izzie had on the Rochdale site.

Both Rimmer and Mulgrew also can't handle their drink too well...

I just rpeffered the Rochdale site so much more- it seems there is no green on the new site like there was in Rochdale :lol:

God i am so whiny.
Reply 1397
Nope, he's left for good I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you never know, the poor writing on the show may see him resurrected from the dead. Whilst the rest of the school find out they're developing mutant abilities due to Maggie Budgeon accidently putting nuclear waste in the schools chicken nuggets.
Original post by GPH92
Well you never know, the poor writing on the show may see him resurrected from the dead. Whilst the rest of the school find out they're developing mutant abilities due to Maggie Budgeon accidently putting nuclear waste in the schools chicken nuggets.

Michael didn't die. :tongue: So yes, there's a possibility he will come back (although I agree in TV-land, death isn't necessarily a barrier to return).

I think the one with Rimmer and Izzy was far more emotional. I nearly cried at that one. Jason merrels (is that his name) could act so well and the despearation and helplessness really came across. I cannot say the same for mulgrew. Don't get me wrong, the actual death scene was still pretty well done; but it doesn't have the raw emotional feel that Izzi's death did.

Quick Reply

Latest