The Student Room Group

Graduate entry dentistry 2012 - (University of central Lancashire)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I hope you manage to get brought forwards! I doubt every single person with an offer will put it as their firm so fingers crossed!
Reply 181
Hi all!

I know it's a long shot, but I've been allocated the Carlisle DEC and was wondering if anyone with the Blackpool or Accrington DEC wanted to swap!?

Looking forward to meeting you all in September!

Danny
Reply 182
Hey Danny. Noone is allowed to swap. We've already tried. They said they need to keep control over who is where so we are all stuck where we are. My friend who is in second year tho said all the people who move to carlisle all have a really really good time up there :smile:
Reply 183
Ah well, worth a try!

Thanks for the info though, I'm sure it's the people rather than the place that make the experience :smile:
Reply 184
yeah and i'm sure everyone will be really nice :smile:
Reply 185
has everyone had their letters today about the 16th june open day? will be nice to meet everyone before term starts! i think we should all hit the pub afterwards and get to know people :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by nfarmer1
has everyone had their letters today about the 16th june open day? will be nice to meet everyone before term starts! i think we should all hit the pub afterwards and get to know people :smile:

Hi guys :smile:

I've been allocated the Carlisle DEC, closest to home for me so I'm pretty happy with that!

Just got my letter about the open day 16th of June and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I also think the pub afterwards is a brilliant idea!! Although I'll be driving so have to just watch everyone else get drunk :frown: haha!

Ashley x
Reply 187
Also I'm in Boatmans Court, is everyone else? x
Reply 188
Original post by KG.Addict
Hi guys :smile:

I've been allocated the Carlisle DEC, closest to home for me so I'm pretty happy with that!

Just got my letter about the open day 16th of June and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I also think the pub afterwards is a brilliant idea!! Although I'll be driving so have to just watch everyone else get drunk :frown: haha!

Ashley x

you dont have to get drunk to have a good time :biggrin: im excited to meet everyone :smile:

I'm commuting from leyland which is only 5 minutes away on the train. save some money!
x
Reply 189
Original post by nfarmer1
you dont have to get drunk to have a good time :biggrin: im excited to meet everyone :smile:

I'm commuting from leyland which is only 5 minutes away on the train. save some money!
x

Yep me too! Ah right, I hope some people are planning on staying in halls, when I spoke to most at interviews the majority were communting. X
Reply 190
Yep me too! Ah right, I hope some people are planning on staying in halls, when I spoke to most at interviews the majority were communting. X

I'm sure some people will be if they are coming from further a field. I would be moving into halls if I could afford it! But I dont think loan will cover living costs so I'm gonna stay at home and use it to pay fee's instead!
Reply 191

Hey! I've been allocated boatman's court too. I think they tend to cluster the dent students together :smile:
Reply 192
Original post by xxsaaraxx
Hey! I've been allocated boatman's court too. I think they tend to cluster the dent students together :smile:

Oh good! I'm flat 5A, Room 004. How about you? x
Reply 193
Oh good! I'm flat 5A, Room 004. How about you? x

Oh no! I'm in flat 3C room 2, I think we're on different floors?
Reply 194
Original post by xxsaaraxx
Oh no! I'm in flat 3C room 2, I think we're on different floors?

Oh are we? I haven't seen that hall yet so aren't even too sure what its like.. At least I know theres another dentist close by!! I am hoping they put the dentists together.. It would be easier than having to live with undergraduates! X
Reply 195
Hello everyone, i am studying pharmacy and have been allocated to Boatmans Court. I am going to be living in flat 2A and room 03. I am 21 so probably thats the reason i was allocated this hall as opposed to ikopa which is usually for younger students. I would like to get to know who else has been allocated a room at boatmans.
Reply 196
Hi everyone!

Long time thread stalker, first time poster. Just thought id post that im in flat 5A, that means 5th floor flat A if people havent worked it out yet.

They do try to put all the dentists together in boatmans court, if everyone in your flat isnt a dentist then im pretty sure they put post grads in (essentially they dont put you with freshers).

Im excited to meet everybody in June too, will probs stay off the beer though as i will also be driving!
Did any of you guys go into graduate entry straight after your degrees?
I am looking to apply to Lancashire for the next cycle.
Reply 198
Original post by Gucci Mane2010
Did any of you guys go into graduate entry straight after your degrees?
I am looking to apply to Lancashire for the next cycle.

I am. I finish my degree tomorrow wahoo! And then starting at UCLan in september :smile:
Reply 199
Original post by mcp99
Hi everyone!

Long time thread stalker, first time poster. Just thought id post that im in flat 5A, that means 5th floor flat A if people havent worked it out yet.

They do try to put all the dentists together in boatmans court, if everyone in your flat isnt a dentist then im pretty sure they put post grads in (essentially they dont put you with freshers).

Im excited to meet everybody in June too, will probs stay off the beer though as i will also be driving!

Hi! I'm also in flat 5A - nice to meet you! I'm in Room 004, how about you? X

Quick Reply

Latest