The Student Room Group

Returning to university for a different course, how much SFE funding will I get?

Hi,
I'm hoping to get some info on how much funding I'd be allowed if I was to return to university.
I'm 24, UK citizen all my life.
I first went to study at uni in 2017, I had a death in the family towards the end of the first year which greatly impacted my mental health during my second year, and had to re-take the second year.
The re-sit of the second year went great and then COVID happened and my mental health suffered again. I stayed enrolled for the final year but didn't graduate.
Now I've been working for a few years and hoping to go back and study Counselling and Psychotherapy (Foundation Entry) (CPY2), which would be four years with the foundation entry.
As I've already studied 4 years, to my understanding I'd only receive 1 year of funding for this course ((years prev. studied + 1 year) - course length)).
Highest qualifications is A-Level. Course would be starting sept 24. It would be a full time course
Sorry for the information overload! Just wanted to give you all as much detail as possible
Original post by FinRadcliffe
Hi,
I'm hoping to get some info on how much funding I'd be allowed if I was to return to university.
I'm 24, UK citizen all my life.
I first went to study at uni in 2017, I had a death in the family towards the end of the first year which greatly impacted my mental health during my second year, and had to re-take the second year.
The re-sit of the second year went great and then COVID happened and my mental health suffered again. I stayed enrolled for the final year but didn't graduate.
Now I've been working for a few years and hoping to go back and study Counselling and Psychotherapy (Foundation Entry) (CPY2), which would be four years with the foundation entry.
As I've already studied 4 years, to my understanding I'd only receive 1 year of funding for this course ((years prev. studied + 1 year) - course length)).
Highest qualifications is A-Level. Course would be starting sept 24. It would be a full time course
Sorry for the information overload! Just wanted to give you all as much detail as possible

Hi there,

can you confirm what university this would be with?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

can you confirm what university this would be with?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi,
Thanks for your response, it would be with University of Central Lancashire
Hi FinRadcliffe,

If you have 4 years of previous study then you are correct and have used the correct calculation to establish what you may be eligible for. If there were any previous years of study that you could not progress from then you could potentially apply with Compelling Personal Reasons evidence for additional years of tuition fee funding also.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi FinRadcliffe,

If you have 4 years of previous study then you are correct and have used the correct calculation to establish what you may be eligible for. If there were any previous years of study that you could not progress from then you could potentially apply with Compelling Personal Reasons evidence for additional years of tuition fee funding also.

Thanks,
Calum

Thank you Callum,
Sorry to be so specific but would that be just for one year of additional funding, or is multiple years available?
Hi FinRadcliffe,

There are multiple years of Compelling Personal Reasons available as long as you have evidence for each of them.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending