Where y'all applying to for 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
for chemistry:

Glasgow
Strathclyde
Edinburgh
and another two still to be decided.

got AABBB at higher and am torn between glasgow and strathclyde... if i get offers.
Reply 41
Original post by Inlineadam
So Nobody has any experience/knowledge of Herriot Watt?

I visited Herriot Watt a couple of years ago and their engineering department is pretty good. I didn't really get chance to see the accommodation and stuff cause I would've been living at home, but the uni itself is on the outskirts of Edinburgh with not a lot around with other than some nice scenery and stuff. It's about 25 minutes on a bus, which are pretty regular, to the city centre where there is plenty of stuff about. There's plenty of places to eat on campus, and I'm pretty sure they had some store to get groceries and stuff. Also, if you wanted a night out they have night buses running for £3 so you don't need to worry about paying a large taxi fare to get back.

Also, the applicants open day was fun, we got to build a bridge from K'Nex and program a robot to go over it and we got free food! This was on the day where we had to come in before they gave us an offer rather than the actual open day though :p:

I hope that's some help, you can ask any questions if you like, but bare in mind I haven't seem a lot of the campus/accommodation and I did last visit a year and a half ago :p:
Reply 42
Applying to:

University of Stirling - Sport Studies, PE and Prof Ed
University of Edinburgh - Physical Education
University of Strathclyde - Sports Engineering
University of Aberdeen- Sport & Exercise Science with Placement
University of Edinburgh - Applied Sport Science
Original post by mandy2
12a* at GCSE
A (Maths) A (Further Maths) A (Politics) A (Chemistry) B (Economics) AS Results

Dropping Chemistry at A2

Any chance I can apply to LSE or oxford for economics (because of B in economics)

Hey,
You aware that you've posted this on a thread in Scotish Unis? :tongue:
You'll get a quicker reply if you post in a more relevant thread :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
Hey,
You aware that you've posted this on a thread in Scotish Unis? :tongue:
You'll get a quicker reply if you post in a more relevant thread :smile:

Ye i realized i posted it in the Scottish Quals Section after i hit " create " lol

Can you move it to a general thread that covers the whole of the Uk and not just Scotland?
Ye i realized i posted it in the Scottish Quals Section after i hit " create " lol

Can you move it to a general thread that covers the whole of the Uk and not just Scotland?

I quite like it in Scottish Unis:colondollar: I was just letting the other person know because they asked a question that probably would probably be answered quicker if posted in the UCAS 2012 thread or something :smile:
If you want it moved then you can report it and request it be moved. :smile: (I have no mod powers here)
(edited 12 years ago)
I quite like it in ScotQuals :colondollar: I was just letting the other person know because they asked a question that probably would probably be answered quicker if posted in the UCAS 2012 thread or something :smile:

It's not in ScotQuals :ninja:
Reply 47
Hello! I'm applying for:
St Andrews - Biology
Edinburgh - Biological sciences
Aberdeen - Biology
Glasgow - Microbiology
Robert Gordon's University - Applied biomedical sciences
Original post by Ecosse_14
It's not in ScotQuals :ninja:

I blame Inlineadam for saying it was in ScotQuals :tongue:
HW Actuarial Science
Glasgow Economics
Edinburgh Economics
HW Economics
Strathclyde Economics

My grades are weird, I've got AAAB at higher, but one of the A's came from fourth year, and I have an advanced higher C(in the same subject I fast tracked at higher.)

So since they generally consider an advanced C to be a higher B, I have AAAB at uni's which consider first sitting to be anything gained by the end of S5(like Glasgow) whereas only AABB at those which consider fourth year as a sitting in itself(like Edinburgh)
Dundee
Aberdeen
Stirling

For History (:
Reply 51
I blame Inlineadam for saying it was in ScotQuals :tongue:

I swear to go it WAS in Scot QUals before!

Someone has moved it to Scottish Unis!

Own up!!!
Reply 52
Got AAAAB and applying for Law at:

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Aberdeen
Dundee
Strathclyde

Already excited about Uni. Can't wait! :biggrin:
Applying for social work at:

Stirling
Dundee
Robert Gordon
Strathclyde
Caley

Don't really fancy Strathclyde or Caley as they're a tad close to home & I'd rather move away!!

LMx
Got AAC, hoping to apply for Theatre Studies and/or History at:

Glasgow - very bleak
Strathclyde - good chance at a conditional
Queen Margaret - solid conditional, chance at unconditional
Edinburgh - very, very bleak
Stirling - solid conditional, bleak for unconditional
Reply 55
I got ABCCC in S5 and applying for Accountancy at:

Edinburgh
Heriott-Watt
Napier
possibly Stirling.

Edinburgh is looking very unlikely but what are my chance of conditionals from the others? I do have a few contextual factors that apply to me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by socialworkertobe
Applying for social work at:

Stirling
Dundee
Robert Gordon
Strathclyde
Caley

Don't really fancy Strathclyde or Caley as they're a tad close to home & I'd rather move away!!

LMx

Apparently Robert Gordon is a pretty nice uni, very modern...
Apparently Robert Gordon is a pretty nice uni, very modern...

Is it? mmm....there's an open day there on 5th November think I might go! Do you go there?

LMx
I'm applying to Scottish Unis from Finland.

The courses/unis I'm applying to are:
Aberdeen-Celtic Civilisation
Aberdeen-CC and Scandinavian Studies
Edinburgh-Scottish Ethnology and Scandinavian Studies
Glasgow-Celtic Civilisation and Scottish History
UHI- Scottish Cultural Studies

The grading(and education) system here is a bit different, and I'm predicted to get
English(advanced) 7/7(~A*/A)
Math 7/7(~A*/A)
Finnish 5/7(~B/C)
Health Education 6/7(~A/B)
Swedish 7/7 (~A*/A).
In brackets I put what I think the A-level equivalent might be...
Reply 59
Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, most threads for this sort of thing are for English qualifications and this is the only Scottish thread I could find. :s-smilie::tongue:

I recently decided to apply for Pharmacy at RGU and Strathclyde for 2012 although I don't really want to go to Strathclyde. With there only being two Unis who do Pharmacy in Scotland I'm a bit worried about entry and my grades/subjects. I can't go to England (due to finance) so I'm worried they'll look at my application and wonder why the first two choices are different to the last ones.

I got 3 As in Biology, Business Management and English at Higher with a B in Chemistry. I crashed Chemistry without doing the SG but I haven't taken it at AH so I'm quite worried that my B isn't enough? I know entry to RGU is AABB but I'm sure I'll be competing with people with a lot more than that. I'm predicted to get an A/B in Higher Maths, A Higher Psychology, A AH Biology and A AH English.

Not sure what else/where I'll apply to yet, probably something Biology related and hopefully Edinburgh/Aberdeen.

Again I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this. ^^;

Quick Reply

Latest