The Student Room Group

Are A*AA predicted grades solid enough to apply to Cambridge Law?

Okay so my predicted grades are pretty good -

A*- history
A - eng lit
A - politics

but like that's only the minimum entry requirement for Law at Cambridge, so I don't know if it would be enough to make a competitive or strong application.

To be more specific, say I got a really good score on LNAT, strong personal statement, strong interview, would only just meeting the minimum requirements still hamper my application?

Idk I could be stressing about nothing, but y'all have heard how particular Cambridge is!

Let me know if I'm being paranoid xx
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi there! If you meet the minimum requirements, then there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to make a competitive application. If you do score well on the LNAT, personal statement, and particularly the interview, then your predicted grades shouldn't hamper your application. The only situation where I could see that happening is if you and one other candidate were up for the final spot and both applications were equal except for the predicted grades. However, that's not very likely to happen.

As the LNAT, PS, and interview are scored by Cambridge themselves, then they're likely to put more weight on those than your predicted grades. I'd recommend checking out the Jesus College, Oxford youtube channel as they have some good videos about putting together a strong application and while the videos are in the context of Oxford, they will be after the same caliber of student as Cambridge.

Just focus on putting together the best application you can and don't let paranoia or doubt hold you back. Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by JadeEG
Hi there! If you meet the minimum requirements, then there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to make a competitive application. If you do score well on the LNAT, personal statement, and particularly the interview, then your predicted grades shouldn't hamper your application. The only situation where I could see that happening is if you and one other candidate were up for the final spot and both applications were equal except for the predicted grades. However, that's not very likely to happen.

As the LNAT, PS, and interview are scored by Cambridge themselves, then they're likely to put more weight on those than your predicted grades. I'd recommend checking out the Jesus College, Oxford youtube channel as they have some good videos about putting together a strong application and while the videos are in the context of Oxford, they will be after the same caliber of student as Cambridge.

Just focus on putting together the best application you can and don't let paranoia or doubt hold you back. Best of luck!

Very helpful, thank you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending