The Student Room Group

***Official 2012 Neuroscience Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
First offer, BBB from Keele for English and Neuroscience :smile: It's the only one I haven't visited because it was sort of a last minute backup, anyone know much about it?
At least SOMEWHERE wants me! :biggrin:
Original post by NeuralGroove
Just been emailed by UCL saying that I've made it through the first round of admissions, but need to complete a questionnaire as they aren't interviewing this year...

They're not interviewing? I can only imagine they had a dramatic increase in the number of admissions. I'd be interested if you could post what happens in the thread.
Reply 182
Original post by Josiea
Just had my interview at Manchester today, and it really was very informal haha. I was not expecting it to be that casual, but it was fine the interviewer I had was really nice and just talked about my personal statement, so good luck to anyone who has an interview soon :smile:

Hiiiii, I have an interview there in just under two weeks, you don't happen to have any more useful info about it, do you? I'm really nervous...
Reply 183
Okay. Trying to get something started like last year's thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Neuroscience_Offers_2012
I think I've collected all the offers from this thread so far, but you'll probably want to check. I hope this works... Update it as you find out :smile:
Reply 184
Unusually my offer from Leeds is ABB, was originally expecting AAB so I guess I got lucky and this means I can have a higher offer as my insurance, if you see what I mean, because Leeds is my first choice anyway.

AAB from Nottingham and AAB from Leicester.
Haven't heard anything from UCL or Bristol still..
I would have thought that because they are not interviewing this means they have a decrease in the number of applicants?
May be wrong though..

For the person who got the questionaire: are they basically asking you interview type questions?

xx
Reply 185
Original post by braiiins
Thank you :biggrin: November 30th. Anyone else got the same date?

yeahh, i do :smile:
Hi guys, I'm still waiting on UCL and Bristol too. I've updated the site braiiins put up. Just really want my offer from Bristol before I go insane
Reply 187
Original post by BustyLaRouge
Hi guys, I'm still waiting on UCL and Bristol too. I've updated the site braiiins put up. Just really want my offer from Bristol before I go insane

Thanks, hope it's helpful to people :smile: I find the one from last year quite helpful.
Reply 188
Original post by Ash03
yeahh, i do :smile:

Yay I've found three people now :smile: Do you know who's interviewing?
Reply 189
Hiiiii, I have an interview there in just under two weeks, you don't happen to have any more useful info about it, do you? I'm really nervous...

It was just like in the booklet they sent with the tour and lunch and things, and then the interview was really informal it was in a room with other people (which sounds worse but was deffo better) you couldn't hear what they were saying though, he had just highlighted parts of personal statement and asked what I found interesting about my school subjects and things :smile: he did quite a lot of talking, about Manchester and what they have to offer so it was fine :smile: good luck!!

I'm so impressed with your thread page thingy on offers- its so clever!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 190
Original post by Hangman-E5
Yeah, my mum was suggesting i read books lol. I've read 'the Strange case of the dog in the night time' and 'the man who mistook his wife for a hat' but do you have any other good suggestions?

I read phantoms in the brain by VS Ramachandran which is really interesting, slightly more technical than the man who mistook his wife for a hat but its still really easy to read :smile: they're more sort of the psychology side of neuroscience though I think, I haven't really read any about the brain as such :P
Reply 191
Original post by Josiea
It was just like in the booklet they sent with the tour and lunch and things, and then the interview was really informal it was in a room with other people (which sounds worse but was deffo better) you couldn't hear what they were saying though, he had just highlighted parts of personal statement and asked what I found interesting about my school subjects and things :smile: he did quite a lot of talking, about Manchester and what they have to offer so it was fine :smile: good luck!!

Thank you! Did you hear back from them yet?
Feeling slightly calmer about it, I think... As long as the plane isn't delayed...
Reply 192
Yay I've found three people now :smile: Do you know who's interviewing?

Nope, i called up and asked and they said they only organise it 2 or 3 days before interview :/
Reply 193
Original post by Ash03
Nope, i called up and asked and they said they only organise it 2 or 3 days before interview :/

Thanks :smile: I was thinking of calling up too, glad I don't have to.
Thank you :biggrin: November 30th. Anyone else got the same date?

My Manchester interview is the same day too! My friend has already had his interview (for Biochemistry) and has an offer now. He said that they're more checking whether we really want to go there, rather than whether they want to take us, so it shouldn't be too stressful. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. :tongue:
Thanks, hope it's helpful to people :smile: I find the one from last year quite helpful.

Hahaha I think it's just fuelling my neurosis about being rejected
Aaaaaaah when did you send it off?
I was planning to have that as my insurance too, didn't realise Leeds was asking so high...

sent it off two weeks ago!
I thought Leeds will give me a ABB-BBB... :frown:
what else are you applying?
I sent of my ucas last monday. I've applied to UCL, Kings, Manchester, Nottingham and Bristol. Im predicted A*AA. However, I have a very average personal statement.
What are my chances of getting an offer?
You will get offer from Kings for sure! caz I hv got it and my predicted grade is just AAB
Dont worry too much, ur grades are really good!
offers are waiting for you (:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 199
Original post by bob_miller
I sent of my ucas last monday. I've applied to UCL, Kings, Manchester, Nottingham and Bristol. Im predicted A*AA. However, I have a very average personal statement.
What are my chances of getting an offer?

Hey, don't worry too much. I had predicted grades of BBB and still got offers from Manchester and Nottingham for their MNeursci course. As long as you didn't put anything silly on your PS you'll be fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending