The Student Room Group

***Official 2012 Neuroscience Applicants

Scroll to see replies

We're all playing the waiting game now. Mid-january is when the offers will start pouring in. Doesn't stop me checking my email every ten minutes :/
Reply 381
Original post by corpuscallosum

We're all playing the waiting game now. Mid-january is when the offers will start pouring in. Doesn't stop me checking my email every ten minutes :/

I know. ALSO, whenever this thread updates i'm like - OOOH- NEWS??

(Sorry guys, if you're anything like me, i have just inadvertently excited you for nothing too...)
Original post by ReignofRain
Hi all, I just received offers from both nottingham and leeds in the space of an hour :biggrin: I was really stupid though and applied for the unis that all wanted AAB so my insurance grade will probably be the same as my firm :frown:

same as you!
I got nottingham,leeds and Kings.
All of them offer AAB.
Will choose Kings and notts probably.
Original post by aggielam032
same as you!
I got nottingham,leeds and Kings.
All of them offer AAB.
Will choose Kings and notts probably.

It's kinda scary as I'm either gonna get into my firm, or not get to uni at all this year!

I'm gonna have to decide between Notts and Manchester (hopefully - interview on Feb 8th). Not really too keen on staying in London tbh, I only applied to King's to keep my parents happy lol.
I sent my UCAS to my college over three weeks ago, but due to various complications my college only sent it off a few days ago, I had no clue they hadn't sent it off all this time, I feel devastated, I did my best to get it to them in November and they only sent it off now :frown:
Am I at a serious disadvantage? :'(

Edit: I'll take that as a yes :[
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 385
Original post by akennedy
I sent my application off on thursday, so just waiting now.
I've applied to Bristol, Sussex, Leeds, Nottingham for neuroscience. My favourites are either Sussex or Bristol, just hope I get ABB offers from them! Also applied to Keele for biochemistry & neuroscience just in case.
Just got the nervous wait now to see if any offers come through!
What have offers been for Sussex/Leeds so far? :smile:

I've got an offer from Sussex for ABB or AAC which is quite good because it's flexible! And I've got an offer from Keele for Neuroscience and Chemistry for BC because I took one A level last year and got a B!
Reply 386
Original post by Silly Goose
I got an offer from Glasgow!

So happy now, had a crappy morning and it cheered me right up.

whats your offer for?? i got one for AB because I already have one A Level grade B!
I've had a rejection from Sussex on a prediction of 32 IB points. I'm not sure how that equates to A-level grades, but disappointing nonetheless.

I've applied for Biosciences (with a Foundation Year) instead. I'd be happy with that, since you're guaranteed a place on a Bioscience course at Sussex (including Neuroscience) after the foundation year.

There are only around 15 places though...
Offer from Edinburgh! AAA
Reply 389
Original post by robawalsh
I've had a rejection from Sussex on a prediction of 32 IB points. I'm not sure how that equates to A-level grades, but disappointing nonetheless.

I've applied for Biosciences (with a Foundation Year) instead. I'd be happy with that, since you're guaranteed a place on a Bioscience course at Sussex (including Neuroscience) after the foundation year.

There are only around 15 places though...

I think it's about BBB... just below Sussex required grades :/

Out of curiosity, it's possible to apply for another course once you've recieved a rejection? How does that work?
Reply 390
Offer from Edinburgh! AAA

Are you international?
Reply 391
guyss

has anyone got any idea why nottingham have offered me a place for food science even though i applied for neuroscience there? they emailed me saying they couldn't offer me a place for neuroscience due to high demand but because of my strong academic profile they wanted to make me an offer for food science. THEY'RE NOT EVEN SIMILAR!!

anyone got any idea why??
Reply 392
Original post by hjenkins6
guyss

has anyone got any idea why nottingham have offered me a place for food science even though i applied for neuroscience there? they emailed me saying they couldn't offer me a place for neuroscience due to high demand but because of my strong academic profile they wanted to make me an offer for food science. THEY'RE NOT EVEN SIMILAR!!

That's really odd :s-smilie:
Also - Neuroscience, high demand??
Reply 393
I just got an unconditional from Edinburgh :smile:
Hey everyone, been following the thread for a while but never actually posted anything! Applied for Neuroscience this year on my gap year and am retaking a couple of things. predicted AA in my retakes. applied for Leeds, Bristol, UCL, Kings and Sussex. Got an offer for Kings and Sussex so far so pleased :smile: Worried about Bristol as its my top choice and think my retakes are going to go against me :s-smilie:
Reply 395
Original post by twisterelly
Hey everyone, been following the thread for a while but never actually posted anything! Applied for Neuroscience this year on my gap year and am retaking a couple of things. predicted AA in my retakes. applied for Leeds, Bristol, UCL, Kings and Sussex. Got an offer for Kings and Sussex so far so pleased :smile: Worried about Bristol as its my top choice and think my retakes are going to go against me :s-smilie:

Welcome :smile: Did you find the offers article thing?
When did you apply? I'm waiting for Leeds too, but loads of people seem to have already heard...
Original post by braiiins
Welcome :smile: Did you find the offers article thing?
When did you apply? I'm waiting for Leeds too, but loads of people seem to have already heard...

Yeah I was about to write in my offers :smile:
Original post by twisterelly

Hi,

I don't think your retakes will go against you, lets face it some of us do not even have A-levels yet, just AS levels.

Bristol is my top choice too :smile:
I think it's about BBB... just below Sussex required grades :/

Out of curiosity, it's possible to apply for another course once you've recieved a rejection? How does that work?

I wrote them an email saying how disappointed I was, and asking if they could offer me anything else. They said I could apply for the foundation year, so I basically said "Yes please" and they contacted admissions and forwarded my application for consideration.
Original post by hjenkins6
guyss

Food Science?! :eek: That's pretty outrageous, they could have at least offered you another biomedical science.

That's really odd :s-smilie:
Also - Neuroscience, high demand??

I don't know, but I prospectus says there are only 35 places for neuroscience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending