The Student Room Group

***Official 2012 Neuroscience Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by braiiins
Yes. They have loads of research placement opportunities as well as at the university, and it looked great when I visited. I loved the area too.

Cheers pal, wasn't too sure, never really struck me as a science place despite me being impressed with medic course last year.
Reply 81
Original post by aggielam032
which will be better for insurance?
manchester or leeds?
If my predicted grade is AAB

Manchester will NOT give you an offer you could use as insurance. I have predicted AAB too, and Manchester's my top choice, and I'm nervous about whether I will get an offer. Leeds might give you BBB for insurance if you're really, really lucky.
Original post by braiiins
Manchester will NOT give you an offer you could use as insurance. I have predicted AAB too, and Manchester's my top choice, and I'm nervous about whether I will get an offer. Leeds might give you BBB for insurance if you're really, really lucky.

OH.. Thanks a lot!
Leeds as my final decision (:
anyone know when ucl start giving out neuro offers? i know people who have medicine offers from ucl, and my friend has an interview or chemistry with maths..
Original post by corpuscallosum
anyone know when ucl start giving out neuro offers? i know people who have medicine offers from ucl, and my friend has an interview or chemistry with maths..

really? I thought UCL wanted the BMAT for medicine and use that for selection for interview and only then give out offers? :L
Reply 85
Original post by corpuscallosum

Have you had an interview yet? In my experience it was very soon after the interview (In my, personal case, literally 3 days), but I know the dramatic increase in the number of applications may have slightly changed how they do things.
Edit: I think the earliest interview days I can remember were November/December, the final days won't have been finalized yet. You may already have had one if they're doing things a bit differently, though.
Reply 86
Hey guys
I'm applying to Bristol and Nottingham for neuroscience, Manchester for neuroscience with German and Newcastle and Sussex for biomedical sciences.
My AS levels weren't great - ABCC (German, bology, chemistry and maths) but my predicted are AAC.
Oh and my school haven't sent off my UCAS yet :frown: should get done next week though
Reply 87
I have an interview from Manchester!! pretty scared though its on 9th of November :l
Reply 88
Original post by Josiea
I have an interview from Manchester!! pretty scared though its on 9th of November :l

Aaah congratulations! Still waiting to hear from them, really hope I get an interview...
my school still hasnt send mine off yet!! im getting ridiculously worried now :/
Reply 90
waiting :-(
Reply 91
Original post by neonlights
my school still hasnt send mine off yet!! im getting ridiculously worried now :/

On the same boat, I just can't seem to get my personal statement right, but I really need get it together and send off asap. Send it off in the first half of November and I you'll be fine though

.....just out of curiosity, what did you put down as your fifth choice?
Original post by Minotauro
On the same boat, I just can't seem to get my personal statement right, but I really need get it together and send off asap. Send it off in the first half of November and I you'll be fine though

.....just out of curiosity, what did you put down as your fifth choice?

ah thats reassuring to hear..

I put keele dual honours biochem with neuroscience but to be honest i'd rather go into clearing than having keele as my only uni offer...If your stuck deciding a fifth, try dundee? they only ask for BBB I think and it looked a lot better than keele on the open day
(edited 12 years ago)
Notts, Manc, Leeds and UCL good choices? Still stuck on a 5th ;(
Reply 94
Original post by Silkielemon
Notts, Manc, Leeds and UCL good choices? Still stuck on a 5th ;(

They're all pretty great schools. Have you considered putting a relatively easy option down as a backup, IE a biomedical sciences course or something?
Original post by neurodude
They're all pretty great schools. Have you considered putting a relatively easy option down as a backup, IE a biomedical sciences course or something?

Yeah man, thinking of St Georges.

It's okay for me though, already have my grades so only really need one offer :smile:
Reply 96
Yeah man, thinking of St Georges.

It's okay for me though, already have my grades so only really need one offer :smile:

Hah, you're in the same position as I was last year. What do you have if you're applying to UCL?
Hah, you're in the same position as I was last year. What do you have if you're applying to UCL?

AAB, just at the lower boundary of their acceptance range so I thought I may as well go for it. Should probably send off UCAS soon aha.
Reply 98
AAB, just at the lower boundary of their acceptance range so I thought I may as well go for it. Should probably send off UCAS soon aha.

You should get an interview with that if your PS is good. :smile:
You should get an interview with that if your PS is good. :smile:

Hopefully, not sure I'd accept a offer though, london is just too bloody expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending