The Student Room Group

Ratio of mature students in medical degrees?

Hello I would love if anyone could help me out !
Im just curious as to the amount of mature students studying medical degrees in your Uni

any medical degree (5 year or 4 year)

example:

90% <20 years old
6% 20-30 years old
3% 30-40 years old
1% 40 +

just approx figures , I am just thinking ahead for if I do want to do medicine in a few years and I will be mid 30s ! eeek I don't want to be the oldest ...
Reply 1
Original post by pambi25
Hello I would love if anyone could help me out !
Im just curious as to the amount of mature students studying medical degrees in your Uni

any medical degree (5 year or 4 year)

example:

90% <20 years old
6% 20-30 years old
3% 30-40 years old
1% 40 +

just approx figures , I am just thinking ahead for if I do want to do medicine in a few years and I will be mid 30s ! eeek I don't want to be the oldest ...

I don't know the statistics and I'm guessing medical students are too busy to be hanging out here, maybe you'd get more response on the medicine board.

However in all honesty it shouldn't make the blindest bit of difference if you're the oldest on the course or not (which I doubt, I know of someone who did medicine in his fifties) and I can't believe you are even worrying about it at this early stage. If you are going to let age become a barrier then you'll miss out on a lot of things because everywhere you go there are people of all ages. It is only schools that lump people into groups of same aged people, once you're out of school there's very little difference between 20 and 50.
Reply 2
Yeah I know I do plan ahead and I do worry :P and there is no way of predicting who will be in my course (if/when I get in) anyways , just a question for my curiosity more than anything as I have heard medicine has the least amount of mature students typically than any other degree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending