The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Is there a current affairs / commercial happenings debating thread anywhere? If not, setting one up might be a good idea.
K&E PFO
(edited 11 years ago)
PFO from Bond Pearce

Rejected from FFW after AC. Thought it was a disaster really so not surprised
Original post by DavidHiggs
K and E PFO

Lol for getting negged for this.
Reply 2084
Anyone heard anything from Clydes or Norton Rose from TC apps? Like an invitation to an AC or an interview?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
PFO from Hill Dicks.
Reply 2086
Original post by ihkl4evz
Anyone heard anything from Clydes or Norton Rose from TC apps? Like an invitation to an AC or an interview?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Try the 'search this thread' tool at the top of the page.
Original post by Finbobs
Which office did you apply to?

Manchester with Liverpool as second choice. Applied about a week before deadline and am a Law grad.
Original post by flaresamc
I have today had an AC invite for Cobbetts, so check your email :smile:

Which office and when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2089
TLT?
Lol for getting negged for this.

I just got negged 3 times for listing a couple of PFOs :confused:

Maybe it's a commiseratory 'oh that sucks' type neg? Suppose it'd be a bit weird to have a load of thumbs up to accompany a rejection!
Reply 2091
Original post by sleekchic
I'm still waiting on:

Osborne Clarke
Dechert
Reed Smith
Edwards Wildman Palmer
Bristows
Squire Sanders
Stephenson Harwood
SJ Berwin
RPC

OC had AC all day today if that helps, London office
Original post by touchofclass

Maybe it's a commiseratory 'oh that sucks' type neg? Suppose it'd be a bit weird to have a load of thumbs up to accompany a rejection!

People actually care about the rep system?
Original post by touchofclass

I got 4 negs, but yeah im sure its in the form of comiseration. :smile:
Reply 2094
Original post by Kriskad
OC had AC all day today if that helps, London office

Hi Kriskad, did you have an AC with them today? If so, would you mind telling me what the day entailed as I have an AC with them in their Bristol office tomorrow.

Cheers
I got 4 negs, but yeah im sure its in the form of comiseration. :smile:

You got off lucky - I got 11 negs for saying I've been offered four ACs on the same day!
Original post by anthonymous
Which office and when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

27th July I think, or at least that is when they confirmed they had recieved it.
Birmingham office, but they said the assessment days are being held in the birmingham office, so I'm inferring that all ACs are there. so what office you applied to shouldn't make a difference.

I'm in a morning slot, so they may send out later invites for the afternoon/next day ACs.
Original post by Smashedin
People actually care about the rep system?

Nope not the rep system per se (I never use it), but I'm more interested in the fact that people have used it and the meaning behind it.

Before I'd vaguely assumed a plus was a 'well done' and a neg was 'that's an unhelpful/irrelevant/douchey post'. So when a number of people actually bother to vote something down it just makes you wonder why, and whether your post was unhelpful/irritating to someone. Seems it's pretty random.
Original post by flaresamc
27th July I think, or at least that is when they confirmed they had recieved it.
Birmingham office, but they said the assessment days are being held in the birmingham office, so I'm inferring that all ACs are there. so what office you applied to shouldn't make a difference.

I'm in a morning slot, so they may send out later invites for the afternoon/next day ACs.

Out of interest, which day is the AC? I'm trying to juggle a few things around and was wondering whether all offices are holding them at the same time... :p:
Original post by Tortious
Out of interest, which day is the AC? I'm trying to juggle a few things around and was wondering whether all offices are holding them at the same time... :p:

Mine is on Weds 22nd.

When you go to book your slot it says the following:
"Location: The assessment days will take place in our Birmingham office:
Cobbetts LLP
One Colmore Square
Birmingham
B4 6AJ"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending