The Student Room Group

DWP CFCD - working hours

Hii if anyone knows anything about this I’d be very grateful!! I recently got offered a role as CFCD AO and the ‘DWP department hours are stated as

“You will be paid for 42 hours per week. You will be required to work 37 hours per week after any daily lunch break.

The contracted working hours for the Department are 07:45 hours to 20:00 hours, Monday to Friday, and 08:45 hours to 17:00 hours on Saturday.”

Does this mean it can be any hours between the hours stated? Or is this for the DWP department as a whole?.

I thought CFCD was generally 9-5 Monday to Friday? Or if anything, sometimes on a Saturday? (Or flexible with core hours etc)

Thank you for your time in advance 😭
Reply 1
Original post by HK.PK.UK
Hii if anyone knows anything about this I’d be very grateful!! I recently got offered a role as CFCD AO and the ‘DWP department hours are stated as

“You will be paid for 42 hours per week. You will be required to work 37 hours per week after any daily lunch break.

The contracted working hours for the Department are 07:45 hours to 20:00 hours, Monday to Friday, and 08:45 hours to 17:00 hours on Saturday.”

Does this mean it can be any hours between the hours stated? Or is this for the DWP department as a whole?.

I thought CFCD was generally 9-5 Monday to Friday? Or if anything, sometimes on a Saturday? (Or flexible with core hours etc)

Thank you for your time in advance 😭

I’m hoping to gain the same information as you! Fingers crossed someone replies!
Reply 2
Original post by Lmoali
I’m hoping to gain the same information as you! Fingers crossed someone replies!

I started a couple months ago! It’s actually Monday to Friday! Overtime is VERY VERY rare but if so it’s double pay!

Unless it’s based job centre like work coach etc then in that you’re expected to take some Saturdays etc
Reply 3
I started a couple months ago! It’s actually Monday to Friday! Overtime is VERY VERY rare but if so it’s double pay!

Unless it’s based job centre like work coach etc then in that you’re expected to take some Saturdays etc

Well done! My training start date is the 5th of feb, I’ve been told it’ll be 15/16 weeks full time 9-5. After my training I’ve requested part time 6 hours per day over 4 days. I’m hoping to do my working hours between 8:30-2:30 to fit around my children. Were you given set start/finishing times? I do know it’s different for most.

Ao pension centre
Reply 4
Original post by Lmoali
Well done! My training start date is the 5th of feb, I’ve been told it’ll be 15/16 weeks full time 9-5. After my training I’ve requested part time 6 hours per day over 4 days. I’m hoping to do my working hours between 8:30-2:30 to fit around my children. Were you given set start/finishing times? I do know it’s different for most.

Ao pension centre

Are you based in east LDN by any chance?

Training is quite set for a lot but they try to accommodate where possible - it’s usually manager by manager basis.
Reply 5
Are you based in east LDN by any chance?

Training is quite set for a lot but they try to accommodate where possible - it’s usually manager by manager basis.

I’m based in Swansea. I’m covered for the training, I was just getting a little stressed about after I’ve completed my training. My contract, I’ve been told will be six hours a day, I’m hoping they’ll be able to facilitate 8:30-2:30 during my employment I haven’t really gotten anywhere with my questions and I don’t want them to think I’m going to be difficult 😬
Reply 6
Original post by Lmoali
I’m based in Swansea. I’m covered for the training, I was just getting a little stressed about after I’ve completed my training. My contract, I’ve been told will be six hours a day, I’m hoping they’ll be able to facilitate 8:30-2:30 during my employment I haven’t really gotten anywhere with my questions and I don’t want them to think I’m going to be difficult 😬

I can’t lie to you, some may expect you to do the first sixth months first (if you’re external to civil service) and then do the request
Reply 7
I can’t lie to you, some may expect you to do the first sixth months first (if you’re external to civil service) and then do the request

But if you’ve already gotten that down on the contract then there should be no problem! Flexi hours will come into place after training and as long as you complete the work and ‘don’t abuse the time privileges’ aka always have their trust - you’ll be okay
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending