The Student Room Group
Reply 1
According to the BMI (Body Mass Calculator) you have an index of 28.8, which is described as overweight:

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

However in saying this, the calculator cannot be accurate as it is all down to the person and you could have more muscle than fat and so forth, so aslong as you are eating healthy and taking plenty of exercise then it should not matter! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Forgive my cynicism; observing the thread title, and its context, I immediately presumed the worst.

Moving swiftly on to the instant dilemma: provided that you do not model yourself after some permutation of the Incredible Hulk, sixteen stone does occur to one as being somewhat on the, shall we say, 'portly' side.
Reply 3
if you are a healthy, active person then I'm sure its all fine, if not, get sporting. sounds like you oculd do rugby with that height.
Reply 4
thanks all :smile:
Profesh
Forgive my cynicism; observing the thread title, and its context, I immediately presumed the worst.

so did I :redface:
Reply 6
what u also need to remeebr is that some people are naturally big boned and so will obv. weigh more. also, the more muscle u have the more u will wiegh so if ur toned, ull weigh more than if ur jst flab! as long as ure healthy and more toned than flab i wouldnt necessarily worry about ur WEIGHT, rather ur general health and how healthy u feel
Reply 7
not really. to me, thats like a rugby boy size, you sound broad and rugged :wink:
Reply 8
its kinda fat sounding
Reply 9
I would use this:
http://www.mines.edu/~gmurray/BMIApplet/BMIApplet.html

on usual BMI i am overweight but on this one for tall people, I'm healthy.
Fab link there! And no, i definately do not think that you would look overweight at your size! It annoys me how wrong people can judge weight when someone is tall! You are tall, and will therefore weigh more! I don't recon anyone could guess how much i weigh... to look at me i can sometimes look stupidly skinny because i am so tall, yet my weight figure sounds massive!

Lou
xxx

Im 6'3 btw!
As said before I think, BMI is not a good measure for athletes or people who have big muscles like me. All about muscle weighing more than fat and all that.
Reply 12
sparkly_tiara

Im 6'3 btw!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Awesome :top:
awh!! :frown: yeah I was well excited when I saw that link - bit of a let down.

but anyway - I actually like men who are a bit big, I mean size-wise, I mean, you know what I mean! I can't abide skinny men, like them with a bit more meat on their bones (which is strange cuz I'm pretty thin!). Get down the gym and turn it all into muscle - you've got the building blocks for a totally bute body.
I am 16 stone and I am 6ft , but I am know for being fairly big as in body struture
Reply 15
BMI isn't very reliable at times.

for instance if you go by BMI then Martin Johnson is morbidly overweight. and thats not extra weight he's carrying, thats just musclemate.

so if you ARE the big broad muscley rugby playing type you aint got anything to worry about i guess.
Anonymous
would you say 16 stone for a 6'2 boy is a little on large side?

Join a rugby team, play as number 8 and you'd be near unstoppable [provided you can run].
Reply 17
I'm around 16.4 and 6'4 tall. I wouldn't exactly consider myself thin, though neither am I obese. I think a weight I'd be satisfied at would be around the 14 stone mark.

Latest

Trending

Trending