The Student Room Group

Apply for Big 4 audit and (potentially) quit regional valuations team?

Hey everyone,I could really use your insights and opinions on a decision I am contemplating. I am based in the UK and currently working in a regional valuations team at a firm that's not as big as RSM and BDO but does often get work referred in by the Big 4 firms.I have been considering whether to apply for a position in audit at one of the Big 4 firms. My ultimate aim is to work in corporate finance and while my current role has taught me a lot in valuations, I believe working in Big 4 would potentially open more doors to future opportunities (esp in corp fin).I wanted to hear what you all think regarding quitting a valuations role to move into audit. I do understand that I could potentially stay at my current firm and then try to move to Big 4 for a senior associate or assistant manager position, but I can't be certain about my chances of moving to B4 in the future. It might also be worth noting that my firm does not provide ACA training but I have taken L1 of the CFA on the side. I graduated with a degree in a foreign (non-UK country), and have a Master's in Finance at a non-target school.Thank you all in advance for your insight!
out of interest, what did you end up doing?
Deciding whether to transition from a valuations role to audit, especially considering your long-term goal of working in corporate finance, involves weighing various factors.

Quick Reply

Latest