The Student Room Group

Big 4 vs medium sized firm

Would it be a mistake to choose an apprenticeship with a mid-tier accountancy firm over a big 4 firm? I have offers from both but just really like the vibes of the mid-tier firm. Would the big 4 firm look a lot better on my CV or would it not make too much of a difference? Both would be studying for the ACA, starting on similar salaries.
Original post by scorpionfish11
Would it be a mistake to choose an apprenticeship with a mid-tier accountancy firm over a big 4 firm? I have offers from both but just really like the vibes of the mid-tier firm. Would the big 4 firm look a lot better on my CV or would it not make too much of a difference? Both would be studying for the ACA, starting on similar salaries.

Exactly the same for me. Mid Tier just seems much nicer, plus for me its £1.5k more than my big 4 offers
Yeah I reckon the work-life balance at the mid-tier would be better, just not sure if it would be better to get the reputation of the big 4 on my CV before jumping ship. I wouldn't take the starting salary into account too much cause it will most likely progress quicker at the big 4
Yeah I reckon the work-life balance at the mid-tier would be better, just not sure if it would be better to get the reputation of the big 4 on my CV before jumping ship. I wouldn't take the starting salary into account too much cause it will most likely progress quicker at the big 4

I have heard that it is easier to progress from some people at Big 4 and others it's easier at other firms that are big but not big 4
Original post by NotreDamn
I have heard that it is easier to progress from some people at Big 4 and others it's easier at other firms that are big but not big 4

What specific firms are you considering?
What specific firms are you considering?

Mazars and BDO. More towards mazars though.
Original post by NotreDamn
Mazars and BDO. More towards mazars though.
I am choosing between Mazars and KPMG who did u choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending