The Student Room Group

Where do you buy your contact lenses from?

Hey, was just wondering where people buy their contact lenses from and which are most comfortable and cheapest :smile:

Thanks to any replies. Also if this is not the right place for this thread I apologise as I thought this is where it fitted best :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

I don't want/need contact lenses. I have never bought any.
I get mine from Specsavers. Usually the 120 pairs for €99 (I'd say a different price in the UK), daily disposables. I have only ever gotten mine from there.

If you are worried about how comfortable they feel, maybe you should speak to your optician about the ones you are using.
Reply 3
Internet, £22 for 30 pairs.
Reply 4
Original post by Deathly_Hallows
I get mine from Specsavers. Usually the 120 pairs for €99 (I'd say a different price in the UK), daily disposables. I have only ever gotten mine from there.

If you are worried about how comfortable they feel, maybe you should speak to your optician about the ones you are using.

That's where I've got mine from in the past it's just I've heard of cheaper places online and was just wondering which websites people recommended :smile:

The ones I had were okay but uncomfortable sometimes but not that often.
Reply 5
contactlenses.co.uk
Reply 6
Original post by mad-marek
Internet, £22 for 30 pairs.

What website is this from?
Reply 7
I buy mine from Specsavers...I'm fairly sure I'm being ripped off by them but I still go there...

I'd like to find a different place :smile: Its just I dont know how it works buying them online what with eye tests/ contact lens checks etc...
Reply 8
Original post by coca
contactlenses.co.uk

Original post by blahhh
I buy mine from Specsavers...I'm fairly sure I'm being ripped off by them but I still go there...

I'd like to find a different place :smile: Its just I dont know how it works buying them online what with eye tests/ contact lens checks etc...

Yeah same. Cost me £52 for one months worth of lenses there last time I was like :eek:

It looks relatively simple but I don't know some of the information which I will need to get from specsavers :colonhash:
Reply 9
I just have the ones my optican told me suited my eyes. I didn't know there was a market!

I'm paying around £24 a month for lenses, solution and lens case for monthly soft contact lenses
Reply 10
Original post by D95

Yeah same. Cost me £52 for one months worth of lenses there last time I was like :eek:

It looks relatively simple but I don't know some of the information which I will need to get from specsavers :colonhash:

Whoa!! I've lost track how much mine are...it always bumps up the price by like £20 just to buy solutions too! :eek:
Reply 11
Original post by Gromit94
I just have the ones my optican told me suited my eyes. I didn't know there was a market!

I'm paying around £24 a month for lenses, solution and lens case for monthly soft contact lenses

What opticians do you go to? :smile:

Original post by blahhh
Whoa!! I've lost track how much mine are...it always bumps up the price by like £20 just to buy solutions too! :eek:

I know, it's daylight robbery!
I think monthlies are the way forward :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by D95
What opticians do you go to? :smile:

Norville Opticians. I don't know if they're a Bristol thing though :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Gromit94
Norville Opticians. I don't know if they're a Bristol thing though :smile:

Oh, never heard of them :tongue: I guess they are :biggrin:
Reply 14
Specsavers! Daily lenses 30 pairs for £25! Bit pricey on a student budget but needs must! :smile:
Reply 15
I don't want/need contact lenses.
Reply 16
Specsavers - £15 a month for monthly disposables with solution.
Reply 17
I don't like contact lenses.
Reply 18
Original post by D95

I use Ciba Vision Dailies.
Specsavers. Never had any problems with them.

Quick Reply

Latest