The Student Room Group

History Applicants Stalking thread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for sussex, will update this thread at some point soon :yep:
York AAA, very happy :smile:
3rd offer, from Birmingham AAB :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Btw can I be taken out of the Leeds bit and put into Birmingham for this, I swapped my choices around before i sent my UCAS
AAB with an A in History from Birmingham, so happy!
Original post by rural_boy
Has anyone heard anything from King's yet?? It's killing me, I've got 3 offers but nothing from Kings as of yet!

I reaaally want King's but I've heard that they're notorious for making history wait until like feb... :frown:
Offer from Cardiff for History & Economics :biggrin: AAB / AA & Welsh Bacc
Reply 186
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
I reaaally want King's but I've heard that they're notorious for making history wait until like feb... :frown:

Please tell me your kidding! February?! That's ridiculous!
Please tell me your kidding! February?! That's ridiculous!

:frown: I wish I was, I love Kings and its ironic that they're the ones that will take the longest! Well I have based this assumption on the fact that I stalked last years KCL applicants thread (yeah I'm that sad) and history were left waiting til end of jan/feb... praying that they don't do this again
Original post by cl_steele
I'm applying to SSEES trying to get into the straight History course :smile:, what are you applying for? any idea when we hear back about our applications?

hey. i'm applying for the same as you; the normal ssees history course. i had an email a couple of weeks ago, saying that due to the overwhelming popularity of the course, they were going to long-list all the candidates. unfortunately this means that we will hear if we've got a place around january/february :frown:((. however, i'm fairly sure you have to have an interview for this course, so we should have a bit more info. on whether we've got a place :smile:.
Reply 189
:frown: I wish I was, I love Kings and its ironic that they're the ones that will take the longest! Well I have based this assumption on the fact that I stalked last years KCL applicants thread (yeah I'm that sad) and history were left waiting til end of jan/feb... praying that they don't do this again

Oh god it's going to be painful, I've got 4 out of my 5 offers, just waiting on King's!!
:cool:
Original post by Islander15
York AAA, very happy :smile:

Oh nice! When did you send your ucas off? :smile:
Oh god it's going to be painful, I've got 4 out of my 5 offers, just waiting on King's!!

ahaha aw is it your first choice? yeah I know I'm not going to get into Oxford, and I don't care about Warwick, so it feels like Kings is the only one I'm waiting for! I have a feeling I'm going to get rejected from there though seeing as I like it so much :frown:
Reply 192
ahaha aw is it your first choice? yeah I know I'm not going to get into Oxford, and I don't care about Warwick, so it feels like Kings is the only one I'm waiting for! I have a feeling I'm going to get rejected from there though seeing as I like it so much :frown:

Yes it is my first choice, though I would be more than happy to go to Manchester, in fact I think I would rather go to Manchester, it's just Kings is Kings!

Oh I'm sure you'll get into Oxford, though it's scarily competitive! One of my friends goes to Warwick and he says it's pretty good so that's always an option...
Yes it is my first choice, though I would be more than happy to go to Manchester, in fact I think I would rather go to Manchester, it's just Kings is Kings!

Oh I'm sure you'll get into Oxford, though it's scarily competitive! One of my friends goes to Warwick and he says it's pretty good so that's always an option...

Yeah I know what you mean, the general idea of Kings and the course and stuff is so nice :smile: hahaha I don't think I have much of a chance, but I guess there's no harm in trying! Really... I haven't visited Warwick but everything I've heard about it is that it's in the middle of a field so maybe I need to see it :tongue:
Got an offer from Leeds today! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by zoeleec
Anyone else's track being weirdly slow today? Got an offer email from Sussex, not been updated on track yet...I'm dubious until I see it on track lol :P

My track's being slow tooooo..... :angry:
Original post by Stabilopink
:cool:
Oh nice! When did you send your ucas off? :smile:

First week of October, I think :smile:
Good luck!
Original post by Welsh Lady
How exciting, another Cambridge applicant :biggrin:
Which college?
Good luck!

Es tut mir Leid fur meinem spat Antwort. (Sorry, I've forgotten most my AS German already!)
Newnham, it looks stunning all over. The downside is it doesn't give interviews until late November?! Only just over a week to get a train ticket then -_-

Which college for you? Good luck to you too!
Original post by DurhamLady
Es tut mir Leid fur meinem spat Antwort. (Sorry, I've forgotten most my AS German already!)
Newnham, it looks stunning all over. The downside is it doesn't give interviews until late November?! Only just over a week to get a train ticket then -_-

Which college for you? Good luck to you too!

I´m applying to Selwyn :biggrin:
But for Education with History.
And I haven`t got any interview invitation either :s-smilie:
Reply 199
Original post by chocoholic.
OMG! When did you send it and when did you get a reply? Oh and whats the offer?

Sent off 13th October

Received 9th November

Offer: AAB (A in History)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending