The Student Room Group
Reply 1
My friend clare is doing french/spanish + polish, as for scand languages I cant help you there im afraid.
Yes you can do three languages. I'm thinking of applying for that next year. It's available at Durham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Southampton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Surrey, Bangor, Salford, Ulster, Leicester... All tend to have a choice of 3 from at least french, german, italian and spanish, but some offer even more.
The only places I know that do 2 languages combined with something else are Durham, Sussex and Aston... probably more. But I can't remember them.
The only universities I know that do scandanavian languages are Sheffield (only swedish I think) and UCL. What's the 3rd one?
Why not go onto www.ucas.com and go to the course search and look for more detail?
i got surrey, swedish and edinburgh (or however you spell it) thanks so much people
Durham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Southampton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Surrey, Bangor, Salford, Ulster, Leicester...
Think St Andrews does it or Edinburgh, I applied to bham, Durham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Soton & Cambridge, the first 5 were for French/Spanish/German or French/Spanish/Italian.
Other languages you can do include Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Catalan, Chinese, Japanese (not European but still) and more I expect
UCL offer a ton of weird ones... ok not weird, but 'unique' or 'unusual'
Reply 6
i think UEA does scandinavian languages, i seem to remember them being mentioned when i went for an open day a few years ago, but maybe this is only as a minor. i think there you study three languages in your first year.
Reply 7
ange de la nuit
hi i'm reeeeeeeely sorry if someone's already asked this but what are the choices? as in european languages mostly.

are there really only 3 inda uk where you can do scandanavian languages? :eek:

how often do people do 3 languages at uni? can you do 2 and something like business???

sorry for all the questions, any help greatly appreciated, tnx x

Nottingham do Contemporary European Studies with Marketing, but it is changing to '....with Business' next year. They also do European Studies where you do either History and 2 languages, Politics and 2 languages or one language and history and politics. Have a look at the European Studies course at UCL, you can combine 2 langages with another subject like economics; UCL also offers loads of eastern european languages like Hungarian and Chech (spelling??) which might be worth a look at.
Durham does a Combined Honours degree in which you could do 2 languages and another subject, which is very flexible.
Also there's a European Studies course at Royal Holloway that allows you to do 2 languages and another subject like international studies, management, economics and even geography.
Paddy
Reply 8
paddy357
Chech (spelling??)

It's Czech. And I wouldn't have corrected you, but you did ask.. :smile:
thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss everyone here's so helpful! thanks so much! i have saved all your suggestions to my comp for when i have time to look proplerly (hopefully this weekend) thanks so much! x
Reply 10
UClan does Chinese and Japanese ab inito
MODERN GREEK!

Sorry, but I'm in love!
Reply 12
Ναι είναι μια θαυμάσια γλώσσα τα Ελληνικά αν και δύσκολη. Θα προτιμουσα βεβαια, να ειχα μαθει Αραβικα αλλα τελος παντων:d
Reply 13
Ναι είναι μια θαυμάσια γλώσσα τα Ελληνικά αν και δύσκολη. Θα προτιμουσα βεβαια, να ειχα μαθει Αραβικα αλλα τελος παντων:biggrin:

oh and gringalet... it is more correct to say Πρεπει να φυγεις τωρα? instead of "χρειαζεται". the latter being "need" and the former meaning "must".
[just friendly advise from a greek guy"]
u should hear greeks speak. many of them cant even speak their langauge properly {same as the english}:P
Well, SOAS does:

Swahili
Hausa
Hebrew
Turkish
Georgian (as a minor only)
Arabic
Persian
Urdu (only in joint degrees)
Gujarati (joint)
Tamil (joint)
Sinhalese (joint)
Hindi
Nepali (joint)
Bengali(joint)
Burmese (joint)
Thai
Vietnamese (joint)
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Indonesian

Roughly from west to east. I've got an offer for Nepali and Linguistics, which is very cool.

Latest

Trending

Trending