The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Korean Studies 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by buthoney
We've got the majority of stuff. Gonna get the last bits and some clothes when mom gets paid next month, and then do food shopping after I move my boxes into my room XD Have to do a lot of budgeting otherwise I'm living on about £5-7 a week and obviously limited space means not much space to get a lot of food at once.. but as long as I have flour eggs sugar and butter I can keep myself fed, hahahaha.

asdfghjkllkjhgfdsasdfghjklkjhgfdsasdfhjkljhgfdsasdfghjkl
sobs
I'm so happy you got in \o/ and then seeing that a lot of people got in too ahhhhhhh

I am going to celebrate by baking some chocolate shortbread \o/

I can't wait to find out the accomodation asdfghjkl;

then when I get my ucas letter I have to go sort out bank accounts and railcards and NUS cards but...

okay is it sad if I tell you I have a countdown, on my phone, for how many days left until uni starts? >_< 30 days left! not even a month

Yeah I need a bank, railcard- apparently halifax or natwest does a discount on railcards so idk. I am still so coming to try your cooking then ;A;
Eeeee, is it september 24th it starts? I've been a bit confused about dates orz
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 581
Original post by taeace
Yeah I need a bank, railcard- apparently halifax or natwest does a discount on railcards so idk. I am still so coming to try your cooking then ;A;
Eeeee, is it september 24th it starts? I've been a bit confused about dates orz

I was going to go to barclays because the interest rate was slightly better but after that fiasco that happened I decided I was going to stay with HSBC, but they're messing me around big time so I may go to natwest, unless we have a halifax in town... Natwest have always done good student accounts. It really depends. I like the HSBC one due to the very low amount on the overdraw fee.

Hahahaha :biggrin: I got a kindle so I took all my books out of my box XD and replaced them with my cook books XD so I have a lot to experiment with but what I'm like is.. if I'm happy and bored I bake.... my mom took all the flour out of the house so she didn't come home to peanut butter cupcakes, crumble, victoria sponge and shortbread ;^;... so unfair hahaha. While everyone is partying during freshers, I will be baking... feel free to follow the scent of cake and invite yourself XDDDDDDD

Movingin weekend is the 15th and 16th, the week after that is freshers and the week after that is the 'offficial start of term'. :biggrin:
Original post by buthoney
Movingin weekend is the 15th and 16th

Looks like my 19th Birthday will be spent in a strange new city on the other side of the country where I know absolutely nobody... Sounds like a blast! :tongue:
Reply 583
we should all get the stickers with our names then! We can all be alone and new together? XD
Reply 584
Original post by ZombieYoshi
Looks like my 19th Birthday will be spent in a strange new city on the other side of the country where I know absolutely nobody... Sounds like a blast! :tongue:

You'll be too wasted to even realise you don't know anyone!!

Welcome to Sheffield ladies and gents... see you soon!
Reply 585
Original post by ZombieYoshi

Nawwww! If it's your birthday, none of us will let you be alone!

Original post by taeace
we should all get the stickers with our names then! We can all be alone and new together? XD

I was tempted to carry a rubber duck with me everywhere and squeak it at people...... :biggrin: but I wil have to find a sticker to make a name tag
Reply 586
I have a friend who I met up with on the open day, and she got in to korean too :3 so that's 4 of us so far!
Reply 587
Just checked the clearing page

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/clearing/ukeu/eas

Grades for clearing are BBB... but if it's up there too.. i woner how many people will be here... I think I know of 6, including your friend but it may just be the 4 O_O lol
Well, now I'm definitely in I suppose I should pick TalkToMeInKorean back up where I left off for some practice and warm-up. I think I'd finished Level 1, but I suppose I should give it a quick re-do.
Reply 589
Original post by vabbian
Munny_d I accidentally negged your post when I tried to upvote it how do I undo it D:

Lol don't worry about it!!! And congratz on your AS - I'm sure you'll do enough to get onto the course next year!! Believe me, if you put the work in, you will get the results; I went from BCD at AS to AAB :thumbsup:

Well this is all still sinking in at the moment but I'm glad we all got on!! Can't wait to see you guys in September. I can't even remember what accommodation I applied for :colondollar:
Reply 590
I think I did ranmoor? The smaller one, I just hope I'll get along with the people I'm with! But yes see you all in september. And I agree with zombieyoshi! I am making this my mid-year resolution: to work and study hard!
Reply 591
Yeah we did ranmoor, 'cause we picked the same, as did zombieyoshi.

I think my 'mid year resolution' needs to be.. don't freak out or panic or worry or over think anything because then I get stressed and grouchy XDDDDD

I want to sleep until move-in weekend, asdhjkl. Just so I can go already.
Reply 592
Oo I think I did Endcliffe (the ensuite one). But yeah I can't wait to move-in and stuff. Bit emotional at the same time with saying bye to my friends over here in London..
Reply 593
My parents want me to come back to Manchester like every couple of weeks orz, but it will be hard I think. I'm already emotional sfklnd
Reply 594
... and then there's me who doesn't even want to come home for christmas or birthday.... XD I don't have friends, and my grand parents are moving back to Hastings and they're the only family I have locally, apart from my mother but the less said about that relationship the better. I would go to Hastings, but train fare back here is £50, so down to Hastings it'll probably be like £100 or so.

I wonder if age also affects my "Meh im not fussed about going back home" attitude.... hmmm...
Reply 595
Aww, yeah it will be tough but I am really excited and nervous seeing all you guys over at Sheffield! I also just realised this time next year we may all be in Korea for our year abroad O_O
Reply 596
I'm scared to meet people XD people tend not to... like me when they meet me in person so I'm terrified you're all gonna be "ew she's fugly" and just... eternally ignore me ;A;...... haha. No, seriously... >_<

yeah that dawned on me too earlier, that we could be in Korea in a years time. I was like "wow... surreal but kind of cool and.. wow..."
Reply 597
The fact you're studying Korean already shows me you're a cool person :P so don't be scared!! We should all definitely arrange to meet when we get to Sheffield :smile:
Reply 598
Congrats to everyone who got in! :smile:

Sorry to rain on your parade a little but I think what I have to say is worth mentioning. Don't get your hopes up too much about all being best friends on the course. Talking online and talking in real life every day with people are two completely different things. Whilst you might get on amazingly well over the internet, it might not work out the same in real life due to shyness, confidence, personality clashes etc etc.
We are a very tiny department and any small problem usually gets magnified and blown up out of proportion due to seeing each other 5 days a week.

Hopefully everything will work out well for you guys but problems do happen frequently in SEAS due to the small nature of our classes and departments.

Anyway as I was saying, congrats and welcome to K studies :smile:
Reply 599
Original post by Munny_d
The fact you're studying Korean already shows me you're a cool person :P so don't be scared!! We should all definitely arrange to meet when we get to Sheffield :smile:

Hehe.. thanks :P cool is a word I've never heard used when referring to myself. XD 21 years on Earth and I'm finally 'cool'.... \(^-^)/

You guys are all pretty awesome too <(^-~)>

Yeah we should all arrange to meet when we're there XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending