The Student Room Group

Higher Physics NAB

I have my first Higher Physics NAB next week, on Mechanics and the Properties of Matter, what should I expect in it and what should I study?
Original post by Ali989
I have my first Higher Physics NAB next week, on Mechanics and the Properties of Matter, what should I expect in it and what should I study?

I am doing mines soon, before the October break. My advice would be split tghe chapter into 3:

Kinematics

Dynamics

Matter

Each third of the chapter will reqiure about id say 2 hours.Do lots and lots of examples.

Ans a priceless tip : ALWAYS PUT A DIRECTION ON VECTOR QUANTITIES, you have no idea how many times i have not done this in tests and lost valuable marks beacuse of it.
Reply 2
Go on Scholar and use the NAB Practice stuff ...

NABS are barely at grade C level so they're pretty easy. They'll ask you simple questions that are easy to forget! ( ie how much more dense one thing is to another etc... )
Reply 3
Original post by animelover123

Good advice here... I always forgot to put direction on velocity and displacement.
Original post by Inlineadam
Go on Scholar and use the NAB Practice stuff ...

NABS are barely at grade C level so they're pretty easy. They'll ask you simple questions that are easy to forget! ( ie how much more dense one thing is to another etc... )

How do you find scholar for revision? Is it any good?
Reply 5
Original post by animelover123
How do you find scholar for revision? Is it any good?

I suppose it's okay.

Scholar tend to do everything in a very confusing way though ( have experienced this during AH Maths & Physics ) so i wouldn't really go for their notes, but they're NAB practice is fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending