The Student Room Group

use of AI in personal statements

Hi, I've been writing my personal statement but I am getting really anxious over the idea that universities might notice that I have used AI at certain points to assist me in writing.
It's not like I've made it write the whole thing for me, but when I am stuck I ask it for feedback or to rewrite a paragraph for me- I don't use its suggestions verbatim, but occasionally nab phrases or sentences.

Am I putting myself at risk of rejection for this?
Reply 1
100% Why on earth would you do that??!
So just delete the bit that AI did and rewrite it…
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
So just delete the bit that AI did and rewrite it…

but its not parts it did, its just ways its suggested for me to rewrite sentences or random phrases- when I check my PS with an ai detector it cant detect any AI.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Anyazz
100% Why on earth would you do that??!

again, im not making it write the whole thing for me, I'm just using it as a tool to offer different ways of phrasing things I have already said
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
but its not parts it did, its just ways its suggested for me to rewrite sentences or random phrases- when I check my PS with an ai detector it cant detect any AI.

You should probably be fine then but just use this as a lesson to stop using AI, especially as you’re going to uni and instances of plagiarism/getting software to do your work there can have very serious consequences.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
You should probably be fine then but just use this as a lesson to stop using AI, especially as you’re going to uni and instances of plagiarism/getting software to do your work there can have very serious consequences.

yeah im not going to use it anymore bc its got me too anxious- I'm only on my second-ish draft so the final product will probably end up being something completely different to what I have already

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending