The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by s04582
why hate this?!?!?! I LOVE this look

well i don't. it's overrated and looks ridiculous!

who the f*ck would pay £14 for a pair of knickers anyway?!
Original post by Apollo11
-Leggins and a top. NO. Leggins are meant to be like tights- worn with a LONG top so that people can't see your knickers through the leggins.

-People turning up to school in pyjamas. NO.

-Uggs. Don't even know why they aren't gone yet.

-Topshop/Forever21. Not because their clothes are 'bad' as such but so unoriginal. You wouldn't believe the number of people who turn up wearing the same top/skirt etc on the same day because EVERYONE shops there.

-The topshop bodycon panel skirt http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=965285&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208530&parent_categoryId=203984&pageSize=200 this one... I can't believe how many girls in my year wear this to school.

- Abercrombie/Hollister etc

-Nerd glasses. It's even funnier when they're wearing the cinema's 3D glasses that they clearly ask you to PUT back and have the logo on the side. Not to mention the fact that they're empty frames. You look RIDICULOUS.

-People 'sagging' their trousers to shows off their underwear. It just looks like you're too poor to buy a belt.

banes of my existence!!! their clothes are so average and to make it worse really overpriced and to top it all off i can't see the clothes i'm trying not to be disgusted at and the place smells funny.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
It is in proportion so long as it's symmetrical, post a picture of an ass you like?...

And meh I don't follow any trends, I probably have the same clothes as thousands of people though, but that's inevitable, I never looked at someone and thought ooooo I'm going to buy that everyone's wearing one

i'll post one when I'm doing my online arse oogling session....

no you'd buy something which you like the look of.... and that would be following a trend....
Original post by H.JJJ

Mystery solved, Watson

edit: oh yeah, she was also preggers in the sig pic...

she's awesome. :biggrin:
Original post by IanDangerously
Chinos and boat shoes are ugly and a tad camp but polo shirts are great if worn properly. I always wear polo shirts (brands like Lacoste, Sergio Tacchini, Paul and Shark, Ralph Lauren, Stone Island etc) and match them up with dark jeans and retro Adidas trainers. Looks class. :wink:

Aaaaaanyway, my pet hate at the moment ... jeans with logos plastered all over the arse. It's loud, obnoxious funboyism at its worst.

back in the days my uncle used to have the same look, but it was a ben sherman shirt, dark jeans and reebok classics... you've just slightly updated the look.... its called terrace wear.
Original post by MonkeyMan2009
back in the days my uncle used to have the same look, but it was a ben sherman shirt, dark jeans and reebok classics... you've just slightly updated the look.... its called terrace wear.

Its become updated over time, I go footy every week and most of the people I go with dress the same way. Oh, and Ben Sherman is vile. :wink:
Original post by IanDangerously
Its become updated over time, I go footy every week and most of the people I go with dress the same way. Oh, and Ben Sherman is vile. :wink:

It was the "in thing" back in my uncles days (early/mid 90s) apparently. Popular amongst the white english workign class lads. He's always harping on about his days with the "lads" ... he was a middle class football hooligan (well not really, but he likes to think he was)
Cant stand the whole Jeans and Polo shirts look
Reply 188
okay so i've been scanning this forum.
and seems you collectively hate clothing XD i hate the majority of trends mentioned.

but if you hate what you say you hate, what do you like?

aaaaaaand, what shoes do you approve of then? see, i can't be picky about shoes because my feet hardly fit into any womens section shoes anyway. i have one pair of black brogues and my school shoes. And some sandals (which were from america might i add) But other than that, i wear high tops :tongue:
sadly, i can't wear high tops if it's a formal occasion, hence the brogues! which i think, if styled correctly are very nice shoes.

oh, and i also hate girls who buy purple supras because of freakin' justin bieber. i had my red supras before the supra hype and now people ask me if i got them because of justin bieber. NO. I DID NOT.

lol sorry 'bout the rant
Anything Jack Wills... when guys wear their jeans so they're barely held up, and you can see their boxers I feel an almost uncontrollable urge to walk up behind them and yank their trousers up. People who wear leggings or jeggings without a long top so you can see their VPL.

Not getting the hate for dip dye hair though, mine is naturally brown and I've bleached it so it very gradually fades to blonde and I sometimes dye the blonde lilac or pink. I don't have visible roots or whatever..
Reply 190
Original post by s04582
Guys who wear low cut/ v neck tops. Makes you look gay

When I see guys wearing these, I always think of Louis Spence. :angry:
Original post by Bullshizzle93

Original post by Bullshizzle93
Don't wear fake tan if you don't know how to

hahaha omg that is soo gross *shudders* creepyyy
Original post by pinda.college
Girls that show off their big boobs, so don't do it. But so you know, if you wanted to annoy me then that's the thing to do.

EDIT- Negs will only make me stronger bitches:2euk48l:

Haha at the edit lol
Original post by MinpoloD
When I see guys wearing these, I always think of Louis Spence. :angry:

...or Simon Cowell
Original post by juliewho
It's worse because when a new fashion comes around, shops don't sell anything else that isn't in that new fashion. Atm, if you don't like lace or chiffon, florals and horrible colours, you have no clothes :frown:

I guess I'll have to go shop in Marks and Spencers :frown:
...So if the majority of people dress like hipsters, and we're here hating on them, does that mean they're the mainstream and we're the hipsters?
Reply 196
CHINOS CHINOS CHINOS oh and boat shoes
The retro shoulder bags are ugly. And yes chinos are way too common.

Meh I mainly hate men's fashion. Girls can dress in whatever they like as long as theyre attractive. Also nothing wrong with dressing like a slut, just fyi. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Khaki chinos, plimsols and poloshirts from Topman anything from Topman.

I bring you exhibit A:

Fullsize: http://dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/hipster.jpg

I think "anything" from top man is a bit too much of a sweeping generalization.

Some of their jeans, shoes, belts and underwear are nice and not over worn. It's the chinos and t-shirts/hoodies that every single faux hipster owns that's the problem :L

Latest