The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Popppppy
I thought that meant they were a drug dealer...

Not very incognito is it? :K:
Reply 1381
The "graphic sweater"
Reply 1382
People wearing the graphic sweater/tee red chinos cheap plimsoles or converse. And those cheapy bracelets with pictures of Mary on them
Guys who are built like a lollypop stick wearing skin tight skinny jeans
Reply 1384
Anyone who doesn't wear jeans/trackies and a t-shirt/polo for casual wear is a bellend in my book.
Another thing i can't stand Adidas matching jackets and trackies so they look like one outfit. Chavtastic.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1386
- Girls looking like they spent HOURS trying to look that scruffy. Perfectly backcombed messy hair, shredded clothes and dodgy parkas. Not a good look.

- Lads with cleavage on show. Just NO.
Reply 1387

I hate jeans, trainers, t-shirts...I think if people are going to bother dressing then they should dress up.
Those high-waisted shorts that show off a girl's bumcheeks. Seriously, I was at a festival a few weeks ago and all you could see for miles was bumcheeks.
Oh, and tie dye anything.
Reply 1389
Original post by Epicure

I hate jeans, trainers, t-shirts...I think if people are going to bother dressing then they should dress up.

What about when they are in a place that requires someone to dress down?
Reply 1390
Original post by sheridanamber
Those high-waisted shorts that show off a girl's bumcheeks. Seriously, I was at a festival a few weeks ago and all you could see for miles was bumcheeks.
Oh, and tie dye anything.

This is a bad thing?
Anything that has G-STAR written on it. PERIOD

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Denim jackets. They were uncool, then people started wearing them again. This is why I will not buy a denim jacket.
Reply 1393
Like where? I don't mind them for practical reasons. I must say I think a lot of peoples' notion of what constitutes as a place that requires them to dress down is a little questionable. For example people who don khaki trousers and shorts to go on holiday...it's not the Sahara and they're obviously not making a statement either.
Also I don't think jeans are particularly more comfortable than various other forms of attire.
It just irritates me that whereas many people are hyper conscious about what they eat and won't just consume anything thrown in front of them anymore, they will just wear whatever clothes happen to be the clothes to wear by default in the shops. They will then deride anyone who is making a conscious effort to wear something they actually think is nice?
Original post by Epicure

Omg yes, I totally forgot that everywhere one goes is a formal event which requires them to feel uncomfortable /sarc. Jeans, trainers and t-shirts aren't a 'trend', they are normal everyday clothes which have been worn by millions of people for many decades. So you sir, are a faggot.
Original post by Epicure

what do you wear to the supermarket?
Reply 1396
Dip dye denim shorts/jackets... they can be so expensive too and it's not an investment!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPod app
Reply 1397

A morning suit, complete with top hat, cane and monocle. What do you wear? Peasent!
Reply 1398
Original post by ThumbsUp
Omg yes, I totally forgot that everywhere one goes is a formal event which requires them to feel uncomfortable /sarc. Jeans, trainers and t-shirts aren't a 'trend', they are normal everyday clothes which have been worn by millions of people for many decades. So you sir, are a faggot.

They were all trends. Why is wearing anything other than jeans presumed automatically uncomfortable. Most trends involve normal everyday clothes which have been worn by millions of people for many decades, generally just variations or adaptations of them.

Oh yes you're right everywhere one goes is in fact a succession of insipid casual occurrences and we'd better dress appropriately drab lest anyone deem us 'faggots'.
X
Reply 1399

To the what?

Latest