The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by cobra2k10
140 minutes until my exam...!!! im gona do the ukcat practise mock now. see what i get and then go over the 600q book mock. still nervous. got 552.5 last year and aimin for 700 average this year..

Don't worry about last years score, I did crap last year but went up by 112.5 this year
Original post by KCosmo
Don't worry about last years score, I did crap last year but went up by 112.5 this year

What did you do differently?
Reply 122
Original post by happy_rabbit
What did you do differently?

Just wayyy more studying :tongue: I didn't know it was that important last year so didn't really do much for it, but this year I just practised on all the material that I could find!
Original post by KCosmo
Just wayyy more studying :tongue: I didn't know it was that important last year so didn't really do much for it, but this year I just practised on all the material that I could find!

Ah, I see. Well, congrats on your new, improved score! :smile: Mine is tomorrow and I really need to improve by 100 points! I used 600Q, mocks, medify and ACE a while ago, but it seems like I havent done much in the past week or so! However, now I can pretty much remember all of the answers! I feel like I should be doing more..
Original post by KCosmo

Same completely underestimated the importance of the stupid test:rolleyes:
Reply 125
just got AVG of 660
VR-670
QR-680
AR-680
DA-610

Don't know what unis to apply for, any ideas?
I'm probably being paranoid but I'm worried that since I haven't given UCAS any details of my UKCAT registration, nor given UKCAT any details of my UCAS registration - my score won't end up getting to UCAS!

Do they just use your name, DOB etc to match you up?
hey guys ive got my exam tommorow and i just did the official mock paper2. however i need some help in regards to the quantative reasoning, since ive got a bit confused when it comes to ratios. in each question, i dont understand why its not the other way round from the answers given :s-smilie: can anyone help ?? also for DA do you write the code down to help you ?? ive only started doing it today and it seemed ok.. :\

Q1 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80/qr1we.jpg/

Q2 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80/qr1we.jpg/

thank you !
I've got my exam tomorrow and was just wondering how everyone did in the actual exam in relation to the practice tests. Were your averages higher or lower? Also which sections are harder or easier in comparison to the official practice tests on the Ukcat website or kaplan practice tests.
thanks in advance
I just did the second UKCAT Practice Test from the official website, and only got 630 judging by my calculations, and I need approximately 670 for the medical school I want to go to. Exam is tomorrow, starting to feel very nervous :frown:
Reply 130
AW NAW. My exam is in 2.5 hours. I have to get a bus in half an hour then wait about in the rain for an hour when I get there... *sigh*
my exams in 45 minutes... @ 2:30pm, but i have to be there at 2:15pm so really half an hour left. It will take me 10 minutes walking to get there. really nervous. Inshallah ill do well and i hope allah help me and everyone who takes this test.

--rabiy zidni ilma --- oh allah, increase my knowledge!
Original post by Braddd
AW NAW. My exam is in 2.5 hours. I have to get a bus in half an hour then wait about in the rain for an hour when I get there... *sigh*

Good luck mate, all the best. Are you doing yours at Sauchiehall Street, or are you from elsewhere in Scotland?

Good luck.
Reply 133
Original post by feverdream
I'm probably being paranoid but I'm worried that since I haven't given UCAS any details of my UKCAT registration, nor given UKCAT any details of my UCAS registration - my score won't end up getting to UCAS!

Do they just use your name, DOB etc to match you up?

Same but I feel sure results get automatically sent to your chosen unis, perhaps it's the UKCAT fairy that sends them :biggrin:
Reply 134
It says on UKCAT site that results are sent to unis.
feeling really bad, did the ukcat today and got 647.5. can I apply to any ukcat unis? thing is, I did get hit by bus three weeks ago and broke some bones, do you guys think that could count as extenuating circumstances?any advice is apprecated, thanks.
Original post by withoutwax1111
feeling really bad, did the ukcat today and got 647.5. can I apply to any ukcat unis? thing is, I did get hit by bus three weeks ago and broke some bones, do you guys think that could count as extenuating circumstances?any advice is apprecated, thanks.

No, that's not really extenuating circumstances...

Check the wiki pages to see where you can apply to, but there are plenty of medical schools you can still apply to :smile:
VR 800
QR 900
AR 580
DA 700

AVERAGE 745

Only beef is being made to do a test in a room with listening devices and a camera over my head and show my passport 4 times. When I went to Israel, the world's biggest terror target, I only had to show a passport twice and walk through an airport without an audio recorder! Is cheating on a UKCAT worse than blowing things up?
i improved my average but not happy as i though i would so alot bettwe. ****ing hate VR!!!
Reply 139
Original post by ScheduleII
VR 800
QR 900
AR 580
DA 700

AVERAGE 745

Get you!

That QR score is flipping brilliant. You must be chuffed :biggrin:

Original post by ScheduleII
Is cheating on a UKCAT worse than blowing things up?

In my mind, considering how difficult it is to get into med school, yes :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending