The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

anyone going Roehampton Uni 2012 ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Megzaves
Any Modern Languages applicants?! Got an offer for 300 points, can't decide though between Roe and Nottingham Trent!

their mfl department is beyond awesome! Everyone who studies it think so. Also all the lecturers or most are from the countries of the languages they teach so its very helpful as well.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 121
I got conditional for photography, but I´m not sure whether to accept it, cos they did not even want to see a portfolio. I still wait for other universities to reply. Is anyone doing photography at Roehampton ?
Reply 122
Anyone doing PGCE Primary (FS & KS1) in September 2012?
Reply 123
If anyone has got onto doing FS & KS1 Primary PGCE at Roehampton, drop me an email and i'll add you onto the group ive made on Facebook.

[email protected]
Original post by Natalcek
I got conditional for photography, but I´m not sure whether to accept it, cos they did not even want to see a portfolio. I still wait for other universities to reply. Is anyone doing photography at Roehampton ?

I might do that.. not sure as it's like a join course..

:smile:..

Did anyone get a phone call from Roehampton saying that you can ask some burning questions? O.o?
Reply 125
Does anyone know what english lit or film is like at Roehampton? I'm still trying to decide between Hertfordshire, Kingston and Roehampton for English lit with something else?
Reply 126
Hi. Has anyone had an interview for University of East London, Brunel, South Bank or London Met?

What did the interview consist of? Were u for fs / ks1 or ks2? Have u had any other interviews elsewhere? My friend has failed 2 unfortunately and so needs advise ASAP!

Reply asap. Thanks
I received an offer from Roehampton yesterday morning to study English literature with creative writing. It has been my first-choice from the off, really, so I'm very happy to receive it. Despite it's low league ranking the vast majority of people seem to rate it quite high.

Anyway, yeah, very contented now! Anyone here do either lit or writing? Would you recommend it?
Reply 128
Anyone got an offer to do psychology and counselling or just psychology? It's fairly low on the leage tables but i was really impressed when i went for an open day... definitely my first choice :smile:
Reply 129
Got my offer from them yesterday, 280 points, with 80 already achieved. Certainly do-able.

Edit: That's for Criminology btw
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 130
Original post by Sami94
Anyone got an offer to do psychology and counselling or just psychology? It's fairly low on the leage tables but i was really impressed when i went for an open day... definitely my first choice :smile:

It's only low because it split from Uni of Surrey in 2002 so it had to build up it's own reputation from the bottom...it's doing really well, considering! It's like 75 now in completeuniversityguide.
Reply 131
Original post by Introvert2020
I received an offer from Roehampton yesterday morning to study English literature with creative writing. It has been my first-choice from the off, really, so I'm very happy to receive it. Despite it's low league ranking the vast majority of people seem to rate it quite high.

Anyway, yeah, very contented now! Anyone here do either lit or writing? Would you recommend it?

I'm doing creative writing with journalism hopefully! I put it as my first choice on UCAS.
(edited 12 years ago)
I just thought I'd put my opinion on the table with regards to the business department at Roehampton. I'm a 2nd year business student and have found the lecturers and lectures to be nothing short of impeccable. I think the lady who mentioned that her brother works as a lecturer there is sorely mistaken, as I know all of the business lecturers and none of them plan lessons by simply reading a book before the lecture, it's very sad that she feels the need to make this up. All business lecturers have worked at top standing universities prior to being employed at Roehampton (Harvard Business School included!) and have also worked in industry (Deloitte and Prudential included) but do not just trust my opinion. Look them up on the University website and then search for them on Linked In!

Employability is also not a problem for graduated students, I have yet to meet a graduate of the business school who is not employed - although many of them seem to work in more creative industries such as Marketing or Advertising, there are plenty in Banking and other industries also. However, Roehampton can only take you so far, as with any University, as long as you're willing to do your part and work hard, gain work experience and join societies you will be absolutely fine!
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone else planning on studying biomedicine at roehampton? I havent completely decided if I'm going to roehampton yet, but it seems like the best choice at the moment :smile:
Hey, I'm hoping to get into Roehampton to study a joint Business + English Language degree. I've got to admit it's taken awhile for me to decide to actually go for it as i would now be considered a "mature student" at 22 (23 by the time we'd start) and don't know what Roehampton's like for the "mature's" so to speak. I'm kinda panicking as I'm unsure what chances I've got gaining a place as I haven't got any concrete qualifications past GCSE, attended 2 college's and ended up dropping out of both due to circumstances at home (much better now but i'll be living on my own in private accom if i get a place)! i've worked for some really good companies since being out of education all customer facing, sales/admin, target based (Bmw, Ford, Virgin Megastores (when it used to be in Piccadilly Circus) amongst others. So my main question to everyone is what du think my chances are? is it worth calling the course tutors and discussing it with them? or should I just work on ensuring my personal statement is a powerful one? Any help would seriously be appreciated, if not, hope u at least enjoyed the read. Regards, Blake.
Original post by MisterBlake
Hey, I'm hoping to get into Roehampton to study a joint Business + English Language degree. I've got to admit it's taken awhile for me to decide to actually go for it as i would now be considered a "mature student" at 22 (23 by the time we'd start) and don't know what Roehampton's like for the "mature's" so to speak. I'm kinda panicking as I'm unsure what chances I've got gaining a place as I haven't got any concrete qualifications past GCSE, attended 2 college's and ended up dropping out of both due to circumstances at home (much better now but i'll be living on my own in private accom if i get a place)! i've worked for some really good companies since being out of education all customer facing, sales/admin, target based (Bmw, Ford, Virgin Megastores (when it used to be in Piccadilly Circus) amongst others. So my main question to everyone is what du think my chances are? is it worth calling the course tutors and discussing it with them? or should I just work on ensuring my personal statement is a powerful one? Any help would seriously be appreciated, if not, hope u at least enjoyed the read. Regards, Blake.

Hi MisterBlake, I'm a mature student too (slightly more mature as I started when I was 24!) I've met loads of other mature students, and about 1/3 of the population of Roehampton is mature students so don't worry about that at all. I know you said you were living in private accomodation but if you apply for accomodation on campus you can request to be put with other mature students, which will help you if you're not sure about the younger ones just yet. The best bit of advice I was given when I first started was that being a mature student bothers the mature students about 100 times more than the non-mature students - and it's so so true! They don't notice or care at all! There is also a Mature Student Society.

Regarding admissions I'd check with [email protected] to see if you can get on the course. I think you usually do need some type of college level education, however, as you do have work experience it may be at the discretion of the course lecturers. Hope that helps!
Hey Cupcake, thanks for getting bk to me I appreciate you taking the time to do so, its good to know that they'll be a good few others over the age of 21 studying, i'm looking forward to starting even more-so now, about the living alone thing i'm an only child so i'm just used to having my own space as such, it wasn't the the thought of living with the younger lot although im glad to know that i can always request to share with other matures, i just think having my own house would keep me focused even more so...whilst also sufficing as the perfect crashpad/afterparty venue lol.
I've just finished my personal statement and will be giving the course lecturers a call tommorow hopefully to explain my situation and depending on how that goes i'll be sending my application off on Tues. Thanks again for the advice.
Reply 137
Hoping to study History at either Roehampton, Kingston or Chichester.

Anyone else looking to study this course at Roehampton? Alternatively, any feedback or advise on what to expect from ex/current students would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 138
Hi everyone, i applyed for criminology and psychology and received an offer for sept 2012. So if this is my final choice,i'll study there!
is there anyone who is already attending these courses?
ah,i forgot,i am italian so i will be an EU student!
Reply 139
I've gotten a conditional place for sport psychology starting in september, anyone doing the same course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending