The Student Room Group

Failed my A-Level

So basically I have done 4 papers.

I have failed 3 of my papers as in I don't think I got no higher than a C.

Lets say I get DDD.

I can still go University of Roehampton London as I got an unconditional offer.

But this might mean that employability in the future will be hard especially when I want to become an accountant. I believe that it is very competitive.

I cant imagine myself being in the same sixth form for a whole year so I might change sixth form if that will be possible.

So what should I do:

1. Go to University of Roehampton London and do accounting knowing that employability rates for me wont be high. Having the uni experience that I wanted soo badly.
2. Go to another university do a foundation year and at the same time retake all of my A-Levels. Having the uni experience that I wanted soo badly. I don't mind the cost.
3. Go to another sixth form retake my A-Levels and hope for the best and quite possible get better grades for a higher ranked university.

Any ideas.

I think that I have to accept No 3 only if I find another school that will allow me in. Otherwise option 2.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
I'm partial to retaking/gap year cos that's what worked for me, gave me time to think on my future but its entirely up to you. If you do retake, make sure its a sixth with the same exam board or at least a similar one, do not fall into the same habits that caused you to get theses grades in the first place, get as much work experience as possible to make up for the retake, make it look purposeful. Goodluck ^^
I don’t think it’s realistic to think you can do all the work required in a foundation year plus retaking 3 A levels at the same time.
Reply 3
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I don’t think it’s realistic to think you can do all the work required in a foundation year plus retaking 3 A levels at the same time.

I have asked the students of University of Roehampton London

They advise me to still go to my course.

But do a placement year to compensate the disadvantage I got.

It is 52nd in the league so the jobs I will be applying to won't be taking A-Levels too serious.

Good plan ??

Quick Reply

Latest