The Student Room Group

John Lewis Graduate Scheme 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loudini
I sent my personal qualities off on Monday 21st and received that email yesterday. Don't know what to make of it :s-smilie:

Hmmm, it's confusing, well obviously you haven't been rejected but I would probably read it as a positive sign, probably that as it stands you are in but need to check out the competition?
Don't worry if they've not got back to you yet, they literally get thousands of applications and probably don't have a huge team to read through them all. Plus they have to be pretty thorough reading through them to make sure they pick the right people so it will take them a while to get back to us.
On the jlpjobs website there's a graduate blog where the current people on the graduate scheme leave posts. One said recently that last year she didn't hear anything until mid-December and she actually got onto the scheme so just give it time :smile: Good Luck Everyone!
Reply 82
I got invited to the assessment day on the 6th of January hopefully that goes well, I applied for the IT scheme, good luck to all of you!
Reply 83
Original post by DarylR
I got invited to the assessment day on the 6th of January hopefully that goes well, I applied for the IT scheme, good luck to all of you!

Congratulations! Well done, I wonder if we'll all hear back today...
Reply 84
Well i applied pretty early and heard back on the 22nd but it felt like i was waiting for years for a reply! I think most replies will come through in the 2nd week of december as alot of applications will not have been fully completed untill a week after the deadline.
Reply 85
received an email today :

Thank you for your application to join the 2012 John Lewis Retail Management Graduate Scheme (internal).

We are aware that you have not received any recent communication from us regarding your application and we apologise for the delay.

We have had over 14,000 applications for our graduate schemes and are currently manually screening applications in chronological order. Once your application has been screened by a member of our recruitment team, you will be informed of the outcome within 48 hours.

We anticipate that all applications will be screened by early December 2011.

We appreciate the time you have taken to complete your application and thank you in advance for your patience.

48 hours - fingers crossed
Original post by ahanslot
received an email today :

Thank you for your application to join the 2012 John Lewis Retail Management Graduate Scheme (internal).

We are aware that you have not received any recent communication from us regarding your application and we apologise for the delay.

We have had over 14,000 applications for our graduate schemes and are currently manually screening applications in chronological order. Once your application has been screened by a member of our recruitment team, you will be informed of the outcome within 48 hours.

We anticipate that all applications will be screened by early December 2011.

We appreciate the time you have taken to complete your application and thank you in advance for your patience.

48 hours - fingers crossed

Yep, got the same email. 14,000 applications, really don't envy them right now!
Reply 87
"48 hours - fingers crossed"

I got the impression this meant 48 hours from the point they have read your application not 48 hours from the email.

14,000 applications is ridiculous, I doubt I will get it. By chance does anyone know how many people they will be accepting?
Reply 88
i think they normally recruit around 40-50 graduates but I am not sure if they mean from all schemes and not just for each scheme?
Reply 89
I was told it was around 30 this year, that might just be the Retail Management Scheme though.
Original post by Kado
I was told it was around 30 this year, that might just be the Retail Management Scheme though.

Hey, who did you hear that from?
Last year there were about 80 so that's a massive drop :s
I got that email too. I think 14,000 is the total applicants for all the schemes but it's still a lot of competition so I'm not hopeful.
Just got a rejection after personal qualities for retail management, sad times but it is ridiculously competitive.
Just got an AC invite.
Reply 94
Original post by partoftheweekend
Just got an AC invite.

cool when did you send of your questions? can you choose which ac you want to book into?
Original post by ahanslot
cool when did you send of your questions? can you choose which ac you want to book into?

Didnt get any options with the AC, its on the 20th of Dec. Made the initial application around the 15th of Sept and did the Q's on the 27th Sept.
Reply 96
Didnt get any options with the AC, its on the 20th of Dec. Made the initial application around the 15th of Sept and did the Q's on the 27th Sept.

cool good luck at the AC, I will let you know my outcome (fingers crossed) if it comes tomorrow hopefully lol :smile:
Just got an AC invite.

Is that for the retail management scheme?
Well done :smile:
I was rejected for the Buying scheme after Personal Qualities (last year made the AC so was disappointed) - feedback I received was that there are only 3 places on the Buying Grad this year(!) so they have basically halved the amount of people on AC's. I was one mark off the cut off and that's because I didn't display enough leadership. 'You demonstrated you were Vice-President of a University Society but didn't mention leadership in terms of your hobbies.'

3 places, unbelievable!

Best of luck to all - as for AC questions, feel free to ask me as I did it last year and they're not specific to each scheme.
Original post by À la mode
I was rejected for the Buying scheme after Personal Qualities (last year made the AC so was disappointed) - feedback I received was that there are only 3 places on the Buying Grad this year(!) so they have basically halved the amount of people on AC's. I was one mark off the cut off and that's because I didn't display enough leadership. 'You demonstrated you were Vice-President of a University Society but didn't mention leadership in terms of your hobbies.'

3 places, unbelievable!

Best of luck to all - as for AC questions, feel free to ask me as I did it last year and they're not specific to each scheme.

3 places? That's crazy! Well done for getting this far though.
I've applied for the retail management scheme and still waiting to hear if I've been invited to the AC or not. My applications still on hold. They said I'd know by the end of November though so hopefully will find out soon :s
When did you send off your application?

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest