The Student Room Group

Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering: BEng or MEng

Hi,
I am doing BEng in Aerospace Engineering from a university in my home country. Its a 4 year course after which i intend to apply for masters in aerospace in UK. I would like to know whether i can apply for MEng or not ? I know that most universities offer it as an extension to Aerospace BEng students already studying in their university in the 3rd year. Is it possible for me to apply for MEng or can i only apply for MSc ? And which one would you advise would be better in terms of employment opportunities and employers demand ?

P.S: The universities i am considering are Imperial College, Brunel University, and University of Southampton. Possibly Bath and Surrey as well.

Thanks
Reply 1
I'm pretty sure it's the MEng you need to be qualified as a Chartered Engineer in the UK, which is often a 3 year course (BEng) with a 4th year for the Masters, but it's possibly you can 'transfer' after your Bachelors to do the Masters..

Not 100% sure, engineering isn't my expertise, contact the universities you want to apply for and see what they say.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending