The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4140
Original post by Bea492
You must be joking! Try waiting 5 months!!! :frown:

Oh my gosh!! no way!! i didnt think anyone ever waited 5 months...what did you apply for and Where?
Reply 4141
Original post by Uni2010!
Oh my gosh!! no way!! i didnt think anyone ever waited 5 months...what did you apply for and Where?

I know it sucks! I'm sure you won't be waiting that long though and I hope you get offers soon.
I applied for Law, I'm still waiting for a decision from Bristol but have offers from elsewhere. I've called twice and they were just like 'sorry about that, you should hear by the end of March'!!!!
What makes it worse is my potential top choice has opened their accommodation applications today so I'm dying to sort that out but can't without withdrawing from Bristol (which I may do soon).
Oh well, I'll just keep waiting for now...
Where have you applied?
Reply 4142
Original post by Bea492
I know it sucks! I'm sure you won't be waiting that long though and I hope you get offers soon.
I applied for Law, I'm still waiting for a decision from Bristol but have offers from elsewhere. I've called twice and they were just like 'sorry about that, you should hear by the end of March'!!!!
What makes it worse is my potential top choice has opened their accommodation applications today so I'm dying to sort that out but can't without withdrawing from Bristol (which I may do soon).
Oh well, I'll just keep waiting for now...
Where have you applied?

Oh i see. I thought you meant you had had no response from any of your unis in 5months. Its still very irritating to wait 5 months for 1 though. If you have an offer from your potential top choice then i would withdraw from Bristol its silly them making you wait so long- clearly not worth going there. You should definitely apply for accommodation at somewhere you like that has already shown interest in you!!

Ive applied locally to KCL, Bedfordshire, Herts, Middlesex and UWL so i can live at home.
Original post by Uni2010!
Does anyone know about university responses if you apply just after the deadline?

its been four weeks since i made my application to 5 unis for childrens nursing.
3 acknowlegded my application with an email about a week or so later. Waiting this long
is driving me mad!

You're telling me!!! I applied in November & I'm still waiting for 2 of my unis to get back to me! The first few weeks are the hardest, you'll stop thinking about it so much soon
Reply 4144
Original post by goussberry
You're telling me!!! I applied in November & I'm still waiting for 2 of my unis to get back to me! The first few weeks are the hardest, you'll stop thinking about it so much soon

Ohhh thats annoying. At least youve had some reply though, hopefully they werent too long a wait.

That is true i do think it about it less as time goes by. Its still annoying though- but obviously you know that.
I've applied to Portsmouth and they're asking for 260-300points and a B in GCSE maths. I have 280points at the moment but only a C in maths. They've acknowledged me, but its been two months now and nothing so far. Is it possible I've been rejected over my maths, and why haven't they told me?
Original post by Hi23skidoo
I've applied to Portsmouth and they're asking for 260-300points and a B in GCSE maths. I have 280points at the moment but only a C in maths. They've acknowledged me, but its been two months now and nothing so far. Is it possible I've been rejected over my maths, and why haven't they told me?

Have some patience! The unis have til 9th or 10th May to give out their offers. The C might be a possible reason if you get a rejection, but if you're feeling too unsure I'd advise you to contact the uni directly.
Original post by FinnLassie
Have some patience! The unis have til 9th or 10th May to give out their offers. The C might be a possible reason if you get a rejection, but if you're feeling too unsure I'd advise you to contact the uni directly.

I thought that if you waited until the 10th May, they decline your offers for you. Is that only if you've recieved all your offers by 31th march? I want Portsmouth as my insurance but I don't want to lose my firm.
Original post by Hi23skidoo
I thought that if you waited until the 10th May, they decline your offers for you. Is that only if you've recieved all your offers by 31th march? I want Portsmouth as my insurance but I don't want to lose my firm.

This is a direct quote from UCAS:
-- we ask universities and colleges to send us their decision by the end of March. Some of them do not always achieve this, especially on popular courses, so the latest you could receive their decision is early May --

If the university hasn't given any offers by 10th May UCAS will automatically put declined on your choices that have not given an offer yet. So, I advise you to contact Portsmouth.
Original post by FinnLassie
So, I advise you to contact Portsmouth.

OK, thanks for you help :smile:
Reply 4150
application sent 7th October, 4 choices, still no offers or rejections, would really like to hear something soon!
Reply 4151
Original post by Passgurkan
I've applied to Goldsmiths Media and Communication and haven't received a reply yet. I've read here and elsewhere that a lot of people are getting interviews. Is there anyone that got a conditional or unconditional offer without attending an interview? Starting to lose hope now!

Like yourself, I was getting pretty worried - Well, I was pretty certain that as I hadn't heard from them by now that I was unsuccessful. But today I received an unconditional offer for Media and Communication without an interview!
So don't worry if you haven't heard yet, just watch out on UCAS
I wish Strathclyde would hurry up! :frown:
Reply 4153
Original post by sarahoo
My showreel included a lot of stuff I did while working, clips from short films, adverts, some test footage we shot. It was all over music, so there was no narrative. I wouldn't be worried, though. It is an arts school, and they'll be interested in what you have to say as well as what you have to show. They will want to see that you have an aesthetic inclination, but that you have meaning behind your work will carry just as much importance. Realistically, I think they just want to see that you have a vision and the ambition/passion to create. As long as you're well spoken and passionate, I think you'll be fine :].

Thanks for your help!
Original post by EmmaRose
Like yourself, I was getting pretty worried - Well, I was pretty certain that as I hadn't heard from them by now that I was unsuccessful. But today I received an unconditional offer for Media and Communication without an interview!

How long did you have to wait to get the offer? When did you apply?

Congrats!

I also received a conditional offer from them. Pretty excited!
Reply 4156
Original post by ChantelleWes
How long did you have to wait to get the offer? When did you apply?

I sent my UCAS application in on the 15th of Jan, so the last day.
But I think my circumstances are different to a lot of others, as I've already been at uni but dropped out, so they didn't have to consider possibilities of conditional offers as obviously I'm not in education at the moment.
If you're worried you could always drop them an email and ask about the status of your application
Reply 4157
Original post by Passgurkan
Congrats!

I also received a conditional offer from them. Pretty excited!

Congratulations to you, perhaps I'll see you in September!
Congratulations to you, perhaps I'll see you in September!

Most definitely. I just need to pass my IELTS exam and I'm in.
Unsuccessful from UWS... :cry2:

It was my 2nd choice :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending