The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by ALevelGirl
got one for cardiff uni for chemistry too! i don't know i think its likely to get an offer after this - fingers crossed!!

I've had one from Southampton but it says on that letter that I will be made an offer once i've been! It's the not knowing that's killing me! :P
Original post by Cassism
I've had one from Southampton but it says on that letter that I will be made an offer once i've been! It's the not knowing that's killing me! :P

Saame!! but im sure that not everyone has been invited to this thing so if we go and show them our passion for all things chemistry (LOL) then we should get something! offer hopefully :smile:
Saame!! but im sure that not everyone has been invited to this thing so if we go and show them our passion for all things chemistry (LOL) then we should get something! offer hopefully :smile:

I'm still waiting for an acknowledgement from Southampton for Chemistry :frown: Please may I ask how long it took between applying to getting an acknowledgement? And then between the acknowledgement and the getting invited? thanks :smile:
Reply 983

I hope so! I'll have to be as enthusiastic as possible!
Reply 984
Original post by LGrosvenor101
I'm still waiting for an acknowledgement from Southampton for Chemistry :frown: Please may I ask how long it took between applying to getting an acknowledgement? And then between the acknowledgement and the getting invited? thanks :smile:

I don't know about anyone else but I got an acknowledgement through the post after just under two weeks and received my invitation a few days later :smile:
Original post by Cassism
I don't know about anyone else but I got an acknowledgement through the post after just under two weeks and received my invitation a few days later :smile:

Oh cool thanks :smile: Sorry. Please may I ask when your application was processed? :P And I find it quite cute how Southampton apparently send postcards :')
Reply 986
Oh cool thanks :smile: Sorry. Please may I ask when your application was processed? :P And I find it quite cute how Southampton apparently send postcards :')

11th October :smile: And yes, they're pretty darn cute postcards, I think they're trying to sway me with their cuteness! (It's working! :P)
Original post by Cassism
11th October :smile: And yes, they're pretty darn cute postcards, I think they're trying to sway me with their cuteness! (It's working! :P)

Oh cool thanks :biggrin: and yeah :L I want to see what they look like xD It is a pretty good University though :P What other Unis are you looking at? :smile: good luck btw :P
Reply 988
Oh cool thanks :biggrin: and yeah :L I want to see what they look like xD It is a pretty good University though :P What other Unis are you looking at? :smile: good luck btw :P

Oxford, Imperial, Bristol and Warwick :smile: Good luck to you too! :P
Original post by Cassism
Oxford, Imperial, Bristol and Warwick :smile: Good luck to you too! :P

Oh cool :smile: I'm looking at Imperial, Warwick, Southampton, Birmingham and Keele as my backup :P and thanks :biggrin:
Reply 990
Oh cool :smile: I'm looking at Imperial, Warwick, Southampton, Birmingham and Keele as my backup :P and thanks :biggrin:

Have you had any invitations/offers from Warwick or Imperial yet? I've had an offer from Warwick but not heard anything from Imperial :frown:
Original post by Cassism
Have you had any invitations/offers from Warwick or Imperial yet? I've had an offer from Warwick but not heard anything from Imperial :frown:

I've had acknowledgements from both Warwick and Imperial, got the Warwick acknowledgement last Friday night, and the Imperial acknowledgement yesterday morning :smile: I know some people who are applying to Imperial on TSR who haven't got acknowledgements either, so don't worry :smile:

Well done for the Warwick offer, what do you need to get? :smile:
Original post by muse_of_fire
It is painful :frown: Oooh, where's your offer from? I got one from Sheffield yesterday; it's actually one of my favourites out of my five, so I'm pretty happy :biggrin:

Mine's from Leeeeds :smile: It's my insurance (my other choices are AAA-A*AA) but I love it so I'm really pleased! Isn't Simon Armitage Professor of Poetry at Sheffield? Jealouuuuus! And congratulations on your offer! :biggrin:
Original post by Cassism

Sorry, please may I ask when you got the offer from Warwick? Sorry for all the questions, Its just worrying me! I would like some sort of offer :')
Reply 994
Sorry, please may I ask when you got the offer from Warwick? Sorry for all the questions, Its just worrying me! I would like some sort of offer :')

It was only 2 days ago, offered AAB :smile: It took a little while between my acknowledgement and my offer so I wouldn't worry too much! :smile:
Original post by Cassism
It was only 2 days ago, offered AAB :smile: It took a little while between my acknowledgement and my offer so I wouldn't worry too much! :smile:

Oh cool well done! and thanks :P
Oh cool :biggrin: Imperial, Birmingham, Southampton, Warwick and Keele as my backup, for what subject?! :biggrin: and you have a quarter break? That's pretty cool :P and yeah :s-smilie: Well, at least they are only mocks :smile: I have a bio mock after half term, which I'm revising for on Sunday, seeing as its not that much of a mock as we haven't learnt all the January material yet :smile: Managed to get 24/27 on my Chemistry test though, although they made us do another one! :P

great :smile: for Maths&CS. hbu?

ahaha very easy for you to say... -__- they're not JUST mocks to me because those are the grades we'll use to apply to uni... I'm glad my UCAS app has been submitted with the older predictions (which is higher) but I'm worried about my application to other countries :frown:

I'm still waiting for the acknowledgement too :frown: but maybe it's because I'm an international applicant... perhaps they have sent me the postcard but i just haven't received it because it takes 3 weeks to reach me ahaha
I'm getting spammed with e-mails now asking me to fill out more forms

:nothing:
Reply 998
I sent my application for history on the 14th October and have received acknoledgements from all of my universities except Southampton :/
Reply 999
I've had a conditional from Cardiff! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest