The Student Room Group

German Translation Please

I am currently conversing with a German company about doing a placement with them next year (yay) however I am still only learning German and some of the longer word elude me so I would bee soooo extremely grateful if someone could translate the following email I've been sent as google translate leaves a few things unclear

text is

Sehr geehrter Herr .......,

leider gibt es bei uns keine Vordrucke für die erforderlichen
Antragsformulare.

Bitte reichen Sie uns zur Vervollständigung Ihrer Bewerbungunterlagen Ihr
Lebenslauf, Ihr Schulabschlusszeugnis und Ihre aktuelle Notenübersicht des
Studiums ein.

Vielen Dank!

Thank you to any replys you will be a life saver and if all goes well a life changer :smile:
Original post by Jacobdatz
I am currently conversing with a German company about doing a placement with them next year (yay) however I am still only learning German and some of the longer word elude me so I would bee soooo extremely grateful if someone could translate the following email I've been sent as google translate leaves a few things unclear

text is

Sehr geehrter Herr .......,

leider gibt es bei uns keine Vordrucke für die erforderlichen
Antragsformulare.

Bitte reichen Sie uns zur Vervollständigung Ihrer Bewerbungunterlagen Ihr
Lebenslauf, Ihr Schulabschlusszeugnis und Ihre aktuelle Notenübersicht des
Studiums ein.

Vielen Dank!

Thank you to any replys you will be a life saver and if all goes well a life changer :smile:

Apparently they don't have forms for the application forms. Basically you need to send them your CV, your school certificate and your current grades/marks of your degree in order to complete your application. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Apparently they don't have forms for the application forms. Basically you need to send them your CV, your school certificate and your current grades/marks of your degree in order to complete your application. :smile:

:smile: Thank you
If I knew who you were I'd send you a cake

What kind of cake? :bunny:
Reply 4
Original post by The Real Quaid
What kind of cake? :bunny:

The cakey type of cake not any of that swiss roll malarky

No problem. Send me an awesome virtual cake via PM. :smug:
For future reference, OP, http://dict.leo.org/ is a really good online German dictionary. It's much better than Google translate.
Reply 7
Original post by whatsername2009
For future reference, OP, http://dict.leo.org/ is a really good online German dictionary. It's much better than Google translate.

Either Leo or Linguee.de are ones I'd recommend. I use those all the time at work.
Reply 8
Little requestion here - please can someone put the transcript bit into context for me - as I am getting it as 'current transcript of the one study'

does it actually mean current transcript of year one study or

current transcript of your full course

vielen dank
Reply 9
If it's proof of grades for placement it'll be all of your grades for first year that they'll most likely want.
Reply 10
Little requestion here - please can someone put the transcript bit into context for me - as I am getting it as 'current transcript of the one study'

does it actually mean current transcript of year one study or

current transcript of your full course

vielen dank

'Ein' does not mean 'one' in this sentence. Einreichen means submit and the verb is separable so that's why ein is at the end. It says a current grade transcript of your studies, so you should send all the results you have to date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending