The Student Room Group

German Revision Eduqas A level

I am doing German for A level and I've been struggling to revise for it, especially where the exam board got not much recourses online. I just don't know how to get the vocab in my head.
Any advice?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by ZeeZ29
I am doing German for A level and I've been struggling to revise for it, especially where the exam board got not much recourses online. I just don't know how to get the vocab in my head.
Any advice?

Hi @ZeeZ29

I found Quizlet great for vocab when I did my GCSE German. I made online flashcard sets for each topic and then would revisit them almost daily for about 10/15 minutes, and you can keep adding the them as you learn more vocab.

For exam practice, try and expose yourself to German outside of the classroom. You could watch a German tv show, or video on YouTube and try and translate. Listen to some German music, read an online magazine in German. I found that constantly drip feeding German into my day made me more comfortable in understanding the language in different formats.

And try your best to get as much speaking practice in as you can. I practiced this by writing out some answers to rough questions from previous exams or asked my teacher for question suggestions. And once I felt comfortable with written answers, I would try a spoken response. This can even be by yourself! As long as you're practicing little and often, you should find that you'll get more comfortable with the language.

Any questions, please add them below! Good luck with your revision.
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @ZeeZ29

I found Quizlet great for vocab when I did my GCSE German. I made online flashcard sets for each topic and then would revisit them almost daily for about 10/15 minutes, and you can keep adding the them as you learn more vocab.

For exam practice, try and expose yourself to German outside of the classroom. You could watch a German tv show, or video on YouTube and try and translate. Listen to some German music, read an online magazine in German. I found that constantly drip feeding German into my day made me more comfortable in understanding the language in different formats.

And try your best to get as much speaking practice in as you can. I practiced this by writing out some answers to rough questions from previous exams or asked my teacher for question suggestions. And once I felt comfortable with written answers, I would try a spoken response. This can even be by yourself! As long as you're practicing little and often, you should find that you'll get more comfortable with the language.

Any questions, please add them below! Good luck with your revision.
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Thank you very much! This is helpful ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending