The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Have an offer for English Literature, going to an open day on wednsday and probably making it my firm!
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 381
Anyone with media comms and culture offers?b :smile:
Open day on wednesday!
Reply 382
Original post by diamond44
Yes I'm doing biology, classed as a mature student need to get 6 distinctions for my offer, already have 3. I'm going to open day on the 10th of Feb. Also have offer from Northumbria and have been to their visit day.

cool i'm going to the open day this weekend and also have an offer from northumbria!! northumbria will probably be my insurance choice with the offer they gave me, have you been to look around northumbria?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by micky_usa
i'm going to the open day on the 10th of feb

Oh, really? :wink:
Reply 384
Original post by Lindsey.M
Me!!!
Is newcastle going to be your firm?

I'm not sure, i've still got to look around the university and the city yet. And leeds who originally rejected me have changed their minds and given me an offer now :tongue: so its a tough choice.

have you been to look around newcastle city/university yet?
Reply 385
Original post by Liam6993
Oh, really? :wink:

its been a long day hahaa :redface: meant march obviously!
Original post by Sockhead
Anyone with media comms and culture offers?b :smile:
Open day on wednesday!

yeahh! you going to the open day? is your offer AAB? :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by annieconstable3
yeahh! you going to the open day? is your offer AAB? :smile:

Woop!
Yes and yes :smile:
Deferring my entry though!
Reply 388
cool i'm going to the open day this weekend and also have an offer from northumbria!! northumbria will probably be my insurance choice with the offer they gave me, have you been to look around northumbria?

Yes went to have a look around, quite impressive, lots of new equipment and small teacher class ratio. Can't wait till Saturday to see Newcastle. Might see you there.
Woop!
Yes and yes :smile:
Deferring my entry though!

did you go today!? what did you think? :smile:

and I'm deferring my entry too! :biggrin: x
Reply 390
Original post by annieconstable3
did you go today!? what did you think? :smile:

and I'm deferring my entry too! :biggrin: x

I did! I thought it was a pretty nice place to be, all the people everywhere were so friendly and happy to help with anything and everything :smile:
Hot guys in scrubs was a plus..

As for the course, it sounded really very interesting indeed. The staff all seem so enthusiastic too which is a mega bonus. Only thing putting me off is the whole fact its a media degree - is it worth the money/time in relation to what I will get out of it one I had the qualification if that makes sense

How about you? Awesome that your deferring too :P
Reply 391
I'm not sure, i've still got to look around the university and the city yet. And leeds who originally rejected me have changed their minds and given me an offer now :tongue: so its a tough choice.

have you been to look around newcastle city/university yet?

Well I live there, its a great city , definatly reccomend it :smile:
I did! I thought it was a pretty nice place to be, all the people everywhere were so friendly and happy to help with anything and everything :smile:
Hot guys in scrubs was a plus..

As for the course, it sounded really very interesting indeed. The staff all seem so enthusiastic too which is a mega bonus. Only thing putting me off is the whole fact its a media degree - is it worth the money/time in relation to what I will get out of it one I had the qualification if that makes sense
How about you? Awesome that your deferring too :P

Yeah I literally loved it! definitely where I wanna go, aslong as i get the grades! The staff seem so nice, and it was much better than any other open days I've been to!

I know what you mean about it being media, but I also think aslong as you put yourself up for enough things and take as many work experiences as you can, got a good chance of doing well! :smile:

and yeah I know right!? jordy lads preeettttty hot. xx

xx
Reply 393
Got an offer for Ancient History (deferred) yesterday, after waiting over four months - AAB! So unbelievably happy!
Reply 394
Applied for accommodation the other week, after making it my firm choice! Hopefully now I can get the grades - AAA, eeesk! My offer's for English Literature :smile: It was one of my favourites when I went to the open day in June - and after the applicant day in Feb I love it! I've got a conditional offer, I just hope I don't screw it up! :frown:
Reply 395
Got my grades yesterday after my resits, full marks in my geography paper bringing my overall grade to an A. But I still got CC in bio/chem :frown:

Contacted the uni yesterday as my offer was conditional on ABB, and a couple of hours ago they changed my offer to unconditional!

So yes just firmed Newcastle for Geography & Planning and deffo off there in September! :biggrin: I'm so excited and happy and arghhh, esp as I didn't have the grades!! Eeek!!
Reply 396
Original post by Alice.
Got my grades yesterday after my resits, full marks in my geography paper bringing my overall grade to an A. But I still got CC in bio/chem :frown:

Contacted the uni yesterday as my offer was conditional on ABB, and a couple of hours ago they changed my offer to unconditional!

So yes just firmed Newcastle for Geography & Planning and deffo off there in September! :biggrin: I'm so excited and happy and arghhh, esp as I didn't have the grades!! Eeek!!

Well done, good for you, who did you contact? did you literally just say these are my results can you give me an unconditional? cheers
Reply 397
Original post by ah.meh
Well done, good for you, who did you contact? did you literally just say these are my results can you give me an unconditional? cheers

I rang up the number on the website for student services who put me in contact via email to the admissions department. Just explained my grades and asked if they could still offer me a place, and that was passed on to the selectors for my course, and they replied saying yeah that's fine, it's changed to an unconditional! :smile: Was very surprised tbh but thought I might as well give it a go, the worst they can say is no!
Hey

I'm a current student at Newcastle. Posted a coupla times before but as this thread is so long and just for applicants etc etc I've started my own advice threads:
General:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1942676

Language Applicants/General:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1942674

So yeh, if anyone does have any questions, reply on there?
And good luck to everyone with their offers/exams x
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending