The Student Room Group

Newcastle Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the Newcastle Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello everyone, Ethan here!

I’m from Singapore and currently serving in the Republic of Singapore Navy. I have 5 months left till I complete my national service and have just accepted a deferred offer from Newcastle University to study dentistry starting in September 2022.

I would like to get to know those who have accepted their offer to study dentistry in 2022 as I want establish some good friendships before the course commences :smile:
Hi, I am planning to study dentistry at Newcastle University and I was wondering if virtual work experience is acceptable or if they require shadowing/ going to a dental practice?
I think I have enough virtual work experice and I have also completed some MOOCs
Virtual work experience is fine. You just need to reflect on what you learnt on the course. The most important part of admissions at Newcastle is getting a high UCAT score.
Original post by hungrysalamander
Virtual work experience is fine. You just need to reflect on what you learnt on the course. The most important part of admissions at Newcastle is getting a high UCAT score.

Thanks for your reply.
What would you say is a 'high' UCAT score. Is an average of over 700 good for dentistry?
Original post by katie012
Thanks for your reply.
What would you say is a 'high' UCAT score. Is an average of over 700 good for dentistry?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ucat_score_for_dentristry_bds
Here's the UCAT cutoff for 2018 and 2019. 2020 cutoff was 2740.
(edited 2 years ago)
Here's the UCAT cutoff for 2018 and 2019. A UCAT score over 700 is very good and I have an offer for 2021 entry with a 710 average score.

Thank you so much for your help :smile:
Original post by Thanpura
Hello everyone, Ethan here!

I’m from Singapore and currently serving in the Republic of Singapore Navy. I have 5 months left till I complete my national service and have just accepted a deferred offer from Newcastle University to study dentistry starting in September 2022.

I would like to get to know those who have accepted their offer to study dentistry in 2022 as I want establish some good friendships before the course commences :smile:

Hey

I hope you don’t mind me asking but what was your UCAT score when you submitted your application. I’m trying to figure out what Newcastle’s UCAT cut off score was for 2021 to see if it’s a good place for me to apply to for 2022 entry. Thank you x
Sorry to piggy back . Does anyone know if Newcastle make any allowances to Ucat threshold for those eligible for Partners scheme ?
Original post by Easilyconfused
Sorry to piggy back . Does anyone know if Newcastle make any allowances to Ucat threshold for those eligible for Partners scheme ?

in past foi's they've said that they can usually allow between 20-30 points below the ucat cut off for partners applicants but last year's cutoff was higher than others as an extra 100 or so people applied to the course so also keep that in mind
Original post by kissa_kig
in past foi's they've said that they can usually allow between 20-30 points below the ucat cut off for partners applicants but last year's cutoff was higher than others as an extra 100 or so people applied to the course so also keep that in mind

Thank you. So with a Ucat of 2520, is this an unwise choice ?
Original post by Easilyconfused

Yes, they do :smile: and a hefty one :smile:
I, personally, know a guy who got an interview at Newcastle, last year, for 2021 entry with a UCAT of 625 :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by DrSmile
I, personally, know a guy who got an interview at Newcastle, last year, for 2021 entry with a UCAT of 625 :smile:

What were their stats like ?
Original post by DrSmile

Was that with PARTNERS?
Original post by Grade9girl
Was that with PARTNERS?

Yes
Here's the UCAT cutoff for 2018 and 2019. A UCAT score over 700 is very good and I have an offer for 2021 entry with a 710 average score.

Is this with PARTNERS please? Thanks 😊
Original post by Grade9girl
Is this with PARTNERS please? Thanks 😊

It’s too late to worry about this now. I wasn’t a partners applicant. The cutoff for newcastle dentistry last year was 2740 for non-partners applicants and should be around 2640 for partners.
What’s everyone’s UCAT for non partner entry 2022 ??? ( good luck 🤞)
Original post by Charlie728477282
What’s everyone’s UCAT for non partner entry 2022 ??? ( good luck 🤞)

2880, Hby?

Quick Reply

Latest