The Student Room Group

Calculators

So I'm on AQA for A-level maths, I know there have been lists by other exam boards such as EDEXCEL on the subject of banned calculators, I'm wanting to get a new one, mine's a bit battered, had it since the start of secondary school, but are there any regulations on which ones are banned, i.e. graphical/top-end scientific ones?
Reply 2
so would the FX-991ES (Casio) be banned? or is "numerical" intergration/differentiation allowed in comparison to "symbolic intergration/differentiation? Does it manipulate symbolic algebra either?
Reply 3
Original post by 24DJF
so would the FX-991ES (Casio) be banned? or is "numerical" intergration/differentiation allowed in comparison to "symbolic intergration/differentiation? Does it manipulate symbolic algebra either?

Get the FX-991ES Plus (Casio) not 'banned' and perfect calc for A level maths
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Get the FX-991ES Plus (Casio) not 'banned' and perfect calc for A level maths

what's the difference between that one and the plus one?
Reply 5
Original post by 24DJF
what's the difference between that one and the plus one?

Main additional benefit is the equation solver which is great for checking work and a real time saver for factorising polynomials
Reply 6
Main additional benefit is the equation solver which is great for checking work and a real time saver for factorising polynomials

I've ordered it! So a calculator which is better than the original is not banned, whereas the other one is... hmmm >_>
Reply 7
Original post by 24DJF
I've ordered it! So a calculator which is better than the original is not banned, whereas the other one is... hmmm >_>

I didn't make myself clear, the 991ES isn't banned either
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
I didn't make myself clear, the 991ES isn't banned either

Ah I see, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending