The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bob152
Yeah there is Lynx arena where my friends go from time to time!
Some unis were quite a distance away for me as well, even meant driving down to Lancaster!

I've applied to Lancaster as well! That'll be a trek for me as well though...
Ahhh what's your opinion of it?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 181
Original post by starxriddled

I've applied to Lancaster as well! That'll be a trek for me as well though...
Ahhh what's your opinion of it?

The uni has a really cool campus and also a collegiate system which is quite unique. Too bad it was raining heavily while I was there but everything seemed quite modern. Have you got any offers yet? I am waiting for mine! Hopefully my scores would suffice!
Original post by Bob152
The uni has a really cool campus and also a collegiate system which is quite unique. Too bad it was raining heavily while I was there but everything seemed quite modern. Have you got any offers yet? I am waiting for mine! Hopefully my scores would suffice!

I have an offer from Liverpool :smile:
Nowhere else though yet, but no rejections either, which is good news.
What have you applied for and where else?
Reply 183

I have an offer from Liverpool :smile:
Nowhere else though yet, but no rejections either, which is good news.
What have you applied for and where else?

That's really awesome, well done with the offer!
I applied for Law to Scottish universities for the most part. I heard its quite competitive but hope all would be fine.
Do you have any first choices?
Original post by Bob152
That's really awesome, well done with the offer!
I applied for Law to Scottish universities for the most part. I heard its quite competitive but hope all would be fine.
Do you have any first choices?

I've heard Law in general is very competitive, good luck!

I absolutely adore Birmingham, but I haven't had a chance to look round any others I'd applied to (those I looked around I disliked unfortunately)

Which other's have you applied to, and which is your favourite?
Reply 185

I've heard Law in general is very competitive, good luck!

I absolutely adore Birmingham, but I haven't had a chance to look round any others I'd applied to (those I looked around I disliked unfortunately)

Which other's have you applied to, and which is your favourite?

Its a shame that the others were not that great. It is difficult to choose favourites as they are all really good. I guess it all depends on the offers that I get.

Have you looked at Leeds yet?
Original post by Bob152
Its a shame that the others were not that great. It is difficult to choose favourites as they are all really good. I guess it all depends on the offers that I get.

Have you looked at Leeds yet?

I looked round Leeds, the course is absolutely brilliant there, perfect for what I want, but it's so close to such a busy city centre and the uni itself is huge... I'm a tiny village girl :tongue:

Incidentally, how's Aberdeen in terms of how close/how much is in the city?
Reply 187

I looked round Leeds, the course is absolutely brilliant there, perfect for what I want, but it's so close to such a busy city centre and the uni itself is huge... I'm a tiny village girl :tongue:

Incidentally, how's Aberdeen in terms of how close/how much is in the city?

Its quite close to the city. Aberdeen is definitely not as big as Leeds but it still has many places to go to.
If you like a city where everything is relatively close then its really good!
Original post by Bob152
Its quite close to the city. Aberdeen is definitely not as big as Leeds but it still has many places to go to.
If you like a city where everything is relatively close then its really good!

Ahhh it sounds better each time I hear more!
Ahhh it sounds better each time I hear more!

The campus is quite self contained, where the majority of subjects are located. It is about 20mins walk from the city centre with extremely regular bus links :smile:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
The campus is quite self contained, where the majority of subjects are located. It is about 20mins walk from the city centre with extremely regular bus links :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 191
Got an offer today for Biology, BBB, my first reply from a university :biggrin: I am so happy! :h:
Original post by CJRyan
Got an offer today for Biology, BBB, my first reply from a university :biggrin: I am so happy! :h:

Well done! :ahee:
Reply 193
Original post by kirsti
i'm applying there too!, but i think i'll probs pick aberdeen over rgu basically cause of reputation! but its a very strong backup! :smile:

I loved the look of Aberdeen, such a nice uni and the sports campus looked amazing! Plus ive got friends studying there already. I didnt even know about RGU until i had the chance to go to the open day and having talked to a few current students there and gone to the talk on media at the open day, is now my first choice! Hop i get a conditional! :smile:
Original post by cgraham15
I still don't have acknowledgement letter...

You got yours yet? Still don't have mine haha...
Original post by FadeTogether
You got yours yet? Still don't have mine haha...

Not yet :L wish they would hurry up
Reply 196
Nice! Unconditional for Geology, great insurance if things don't pan out.
Reply 197
Original post by Evan7788
Nice! Unconditional for Geology, great insurance if things don't pan out.

Congratz! (; I also want one. Ok, conditional is enough :biggrin:

Standard question... when did you send your application and when did you get your offer? (:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 198
Original post by cncll
Congratz! (; I also want one. Ok, conditional is enough :biggrin:

Standard question... when did you send your application and when did you get your offer? (:

Application sent: 2nd December
Offer received: 11th January

Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by cgraham15
Not yet :L wish they would hurry up

Just wanted to add, don't worry about the letter. I sent my application on the 23rd of November and I got an offer on the 11th of January. I still don't have a letter. So, I guess they just aren't sending them to everyone or it got lost in the post.

Good luck with your application! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending