The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thekiwifruit01
Basically, what happened was I got a straight rejection in March and I had no idea why so I wrote a letter in. It took about a month to get a reply and it turned out they lost my application but they did want to interview me, so my interview was today :smile:

Are you a pooled applicant?

Omg that is so bad!! Thank god you wrote te letter! And yes, did they happen to mention us today? Haha I'm dying! Xx
Original post by Barracloug1
Omg that is so bad!! Thank god you wrote te letter! And yes, did they happen to mention us today? Haha I'm dying! Xx

I know, I was surprised but so glad I got an interview because it was my favourite! They didn't mention pooled applicants but I think they're giving out places to everyone as soon possible now :smile: xx
Reply 4142
Anyone else firmed Cardiff?
I know, I was surprised but so glad I got an interview because it was my favourite! They didn't mention pooled applicants but I think they're giving out places to everyone as soon possible now :smile: xx

I bet you were! And its my favourite too! Did you get any other offers/interviews? And yeah they have a week! X
I bet you were! And its my favourite too! Did you get any other offers/interviews? And yeah they have a week! X

Haha yeah :tongue: I was interviewed at all of my other choices but didn't get any offers. Got home today and checked because Newcastle said they'd give me an answer asap and today if poss and found out that I have an offer! So relieved after everything that happened, it hasn't sunk in yet!

Good luck to you! Have you got any other offers? :smile: x
Haha yeah :tongue: I was interviewed at all of my other choices but didn't get any offers. Got home today and checked because Newcastle said they'd give me an answer asap and today if poss and found out that I have an offer! So relieved after everything that happened, it hasn't sunk in yet!

Good luck to you! Have you got any other offers? :smile: x

Aaahh congratulations!! I had interviews at 3/4 but 3 rejections so far and just waiting for Newcastle now :frown: x
Aaahh congratulations!! I had interviews at 3/4 but 3 rejections so far and just waiting for Newcastle now :frown: x

Thank you! Was so happy after the rejection they initially gave me! Good luck!!! I'm sure they'll get back to you soon and you've made it this far, so they see how amazing you are :smile: x
Reply 4147
Got a newcastle partners offer earlier on today :biggrin: yeeeeeyeyyyy over the mooooon! And I was in the pool!!! So pooled people don't give up! X
Reply 4148
Anyone else firming newcastle? And doing the partners summer school?
Original post by alexxa.s
Anyone else firming newcastle? And doing the partners summer school?

I've firmed Newcastle! (not for partners) :smile:
Original post by racheatworld
I've firmed Newcastle! (not for partners) :smile:

I'm firming! :biggrin: (and also not for partners)
Original post by prats18
Anyone else firmed Cardiff?

yep! :smile:
Original post by dentistryapplicant
Who's firming Cardiff? Found this Facebook group from last year https://www.facebook.com/groups/143097535757728/

Anyone seen one for this year yet?

I have! Yeah i saw this too but no sign of one for our year yet...
Reply 4153
Glad the pooled Newcastle applicants are hearing back! I was pooled back in November but got an offer in January. I have also firmed Newcastle!
Reply 4154
Newcastle firmers we need a facebook page or something so we can all get to know each other wooo! I'm so excited :biggrin:! Is there a facebook page does anyone know?
Original post by alexxa.s
Newcastle firmers we need a facebook page or something so we can all get to know each other wooo! I'm so excited :biggrin:! Is there a facebook page does anyone know?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/254328617990850/
I came across this for Newcastle dentistry offer holders :smile:
Reply 4156
hello...
I'm so confused...
Should i firm manchester or liverpool ? I'm not really sure as i'm an international applicant!
Really appreciate your help :smile:
Original post by aqua05
hello...
I'm so confused...
Should i firm manchester or liverpool ? I'm not really sure as i'm an international applicant!
Really appreciate your help :smile:

Go with whichever one you prefer? Both are very nice dental schools. Personally, i would prefer Liverpool. At the end of the day you'll get a BDS. Check out accomodation costs and living costs. See which univeristy societies you prefer (sport society, religious societies and music societies etc). Weigh up all the obvious pros and cons. If you're an international applicant. Manchester has an international airport, wheras Liverpool does not. Look at little things like that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Im a pooled applicant and still haven't heard back! Should I assume it's a rejection now? Honestly? Have they given out all the offer?
Reply 4159
Original post by orange.bananna
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/254328617990850/
I came across this for Newcastle dentistry offer holders :smile:

oh cool thanks i'll try that!

Quick Reply

Latest