The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jayman
Ohh right thank you so much :smile: Bristol is MMI this year though so I guess I'll just have to wait and see lol

I think I remember you from last year, where have you reapplied?

regardless, they'll have the same type of people, who are all rather nice :smile:

yeah i was here last year... just can't get enough of tsr :wink:
I've applied to sheff, leeds and manchester - plus 2 biomed. got the biomed offers but have heard nothing from the dentistry ones

where else have you applied Jay?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 781
Original post by anatomic
On TSR, questioning why someone gave you neg rep = more neg rep. :lol:

Edi: or even mentioning the term ''neg rep'' it seems.

So in Theory mentioning "Positive rep" should give me thumbs up !
Reply 782
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
regardless, they'll have the same type of people, who are all rather nice :smile:

I've applied to sheff, leeds and manchester - plus 2 biomed. got the biomed offers but have heard nothing from the dentistry ones

Oh right, I hope so. Haha good old tsr, can't stay away from it. That's good about the biomed offers congrats. I think Leeds get back to people around feb so hang in there! :smile:

I applied to Bristol, Dundee, Birmingham and Leeds
Reply 783
Original post by SRK.
So in Theory mentioning "Positive rep" should give me thumbs up !

No, unfortunately that gets you neg rep too.

What can I say, TSRers just love to neg rep. :colone:

Don't mention rep at all! :biggrin:
Reply 784

Hey where have you got the Biomed offers from?
Original post by jayman
Oh right, I hope so. Haha good old tsr, can't stay away from it. That's good about the biomed offers congrats. I think Leeds get back to people around feb so hang in there! :smile:

ooo might see you at Leeds then !

whats your top choice
Original post by anatomic
Hey where have you got the Biomed offers from?

loving the little tooth in your picture :biggrin:

aaaaand I got them from Kings and Newcastle :smile:

hows your application coming along?
Reply 787
Anyone come for Liverpool interviews recently? I felt for you guys as I was walking through the school.
I remember this time last year. A very dark time (four rejections lols), but don't give up at all, if you're really passionate it will shine through!

Good luckk to all and message for Liverpool questionss :smile: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Original post by jayman

Heyy pal! Just seen u applying to leeds! how much is the wait killing us . please!!

How much work exp/extra-curric u done?? Leeds your no.1 choice.?
Id love to go, just cant handle the wait...think we will hear mid-jan!! xx

Hi Mr BrightInspiration! I'm applying to leeds to! wow! Hows your appl. coming along?? Cant believe how much this wait for leeds is driving me insane lol! Whats ur work exp/ extra curric like?? Leeds no.1?? I really want to go there, lets keep our fingers crossed for us!! xx
Original post by *QueenBeee
Hi Mr BrightInspiration! I'm applying to leeds to! wow! Hows your appl. coming along?? Cant believe how much this wait for leeds is driving me insane lol! Whats ur work exp/ extra curric like?? Leeds no.1?? I really want to go there, lets keep our fingers crossed for us!! xx

hey how much work experiance/ extra curriculurs have you got?

leeds are taking there time lol
Original post by undertaker1
hey how much work experiance/ extra curriculurs have you got?

leeds are taking there time lol

Hey 6 weeks in general practice and 1 week oral and maxfax dept.
on gap year so 2 days a week at dentist and volountary work at care home!
council, prefect, helping younger kids with work and teenage issues, engineering proj && henna art

how about yourself?? Are you hoping to come to leeds!? Well I was looking at last years thread and ppl found out 13th-16th jan about being called for iv so thats like 4.5 weeeeks.........so long!! lol. compared to all other unis who just took a matter of weeks of replying.....but hopefully the wait will be worth it (fingers crossed :colondollar: )
Hey 6 weeks in general practice and 1 week oral and maxfax dept.
on gap year so 2 days a week at dentist and volountary work at care home!
council, prefect, helping younger kids with work and teenage issues, engineering proj && henna art

how about yourself?? Are you hoping to come to leeds!? Well I was looking at last years thread and ppl found out 13th-16th jan about being called for iv so thats like 4.5 weeeeks.........so long!! lol. compared to all other unis who just took a matter of weeks of replying.....but hopefully the wait will be worth it (fingers crossed :colondollar: )

wow you have quite a lot lol. have you mentioned on your personal statement that you have done 6 weeks initial work experiance and then on going for gap year?

4-weeks at local gdp. on going at another gdp which also specalise in orthodontics( duration not mentioned on ps)and dental lab.
voluntary work: 2 charity hospice retail shops, student council, charity dinner and dance,
extra curric: play the dhol( indian drums), have a job. thats about it.
wow you have quite a lot lol. have you mentioned on your personal statement that you have done 6 weeks initial work experiance and then on going for gap year?

4-weeks at local gdp. on going at another gdp which also specalise in orthodontics( duration not mentioned on ps)and dental lab.
voluntary work: 2 charity hospice retail shops, student council, charity dinner and dance,
extra curric: play the dhol( indian drums), have a job. thats about it.

Yeah I have mentioned it on my ps, i know leeds like stuff like that so Im just hoping! Have u mentioned ur ongoing work exp too?????????
YOU HAVE DONE LOADS TOO!! And btw...the dhol! ...wow....are you jatt by any chance! I love the dhol!
Yeah I have mentioned it on my ps, i know leeds like stuff like that so Im just hoping! Have u mentioned ur ongoing work exp too?????????
YOU HAVE DONE LOADS TOO!! And btw...the dhol! ...wow....are you jatt by any chance! I love the dhol!

i didn't mention on going: didn't really know how to mention it; if you get what i mean lol.

yeh i am jatt, but i dont really believe in the cast system lol.

what are your academics like? and where else have u applied?
i didn't mention on going: didn't really know how to mention it; if you get what i mean lol.

yeh i am jatt, but i dont really believe in the cast system lol.

what are your academics like? and where else have u applied?

You should have mentioned it! I just put, I have undertaken on-going work exp, visiting twice a week at.....blah blah......leeds LOVE ongoing work exp!

Pal! can i jus say....i dont believe in it either, you should really take a look at my cousins - none of us believe in it......its just i thought you would be, had that instiinct LOL!

got aaa at a2 and abbb at AS & 3A* 6A 1 B gcse and 627.5 ukcat....how about you??
newcastle leeds kcl and bham...........where have u applied??
You should have mentioned it! I just put, I have undertaken on-going work exp, visiting twice a week at.....blah blah......leeds LOVE ongoing work exp!

Pal! can i jus say....i dont believe in it either, you should really take a look at my cousins - none of us believe in it......its just i thought you would be, had that instiinct LOL!

got aaa at a2 and abbb at AS & 3A* 6A 1 B gcse and 627.5 ukcat....how about you??
newcastle leeds kcl and bham...........where have u applied??

i want to put it in but i couldn't word it properly so i allowed it lol. is your first choice leeds?

the best thing about being jatt is the ability to wind up the Carpenters lol

i applied to leeds, manchester and sheffield.

so do leeds just look at the personal statement?
Reply 797
is anyone making anything to show manual dexterity? =/
Reply 798
Original post by Hina11
is anyone making anything to show manual dexterity? =/

I have a denture and a gumshield i made and i brought my trumpet with me to liverpool and barts. They love musical instruments. So if you play one, definitely bring it.

Beware though, they usually ask you in depth about how you made whatever your showing them, just to check if you actually made it, so be ready.
Reply 799
Original post by Ro27
Anyone come for Liverpool interviews recently? I felt for you guys as I was walking through the school.
I remember this time last year. A very dark time (four rejections lols), but don't give up at all, if you're really passionate it will shine through!

Good luckk to all and message for Liverpool questionss :smile: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah i was in around 2.30 on the 6th of Dec. Seemed to go alright. I had 5 rejections last year too. :frown: i feel your pain.

Quick Reply

Latest