The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
is there a 2012 applicant/firmers/freshers fb page?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 522
Reply 523
Original post by jay.henri
Can anyone here help me please? I've firmed UWE and almost finished my Student Finance. Accommodation is can cost over £5000 but I'm being told I'm entitled to quite a lot less than this. Am I correct in thinking that accommodation is paid for with maintenance fees? Or is there some other kind of loan that needs to be taken out that I'm not aware of?

yeah, your maintenance loan is what pays for your accommodation and to help with any other maintenance things u might need like food etc. Im in the same position, get around 3 grand loan and have to come up with the rest myselff!
Original post by lilyxx
yeah, your maintenance loan is what pays for your accommodation and to help with any other maintenance things u might need like food etc. Im in the same position, get around 3 grand loan and have to come up with the rest myselff!

Try putting parents income as when i didnt my loan was 3500 but when i put my parents income in the loan went up to around 4500, but still no grant :frown:
Reply 525
Original post by Jack22031994
Try putting parents income as when i didnt my loan was 3500 but when i put my parents income in the loan went up to around 4500, but still no grant :frown:

thats so good! Yeah, i was well confused i thought i put that i wanted it to be included then they sent me a letter saying it's not included! I think im just going to call them up and see what they say because it will be pretty helpful tbh!
Original post by lilyxx
thats so good! Yeah, i was well confused i thought i put that i wanted it to be included then they sent me a letter saying it's not included! I think im just going to call them up and see what they say because it will be pretty helpful tbh!

Ok. hope its get sorted!

What course have you applied for?
Original post by lilyxx
any people like drum n base going to uwe?!

Drum & Bass and Dubstep! :biggrin:
Oh well hopefully we either get chosen for market gate or theres enough decent people on the same level in the student village!
Anyone planning on taking a Mini Fridge for there room? Are we allowed?
Reply 530
Original post by DanSmithyy
Drum & Bass and Dubstep! :biggrin:

your gona love brizzle then!
Original post by slipup
your gona love brizzle then!

One of the reasons im going haha! Gotta hit up **** the bed, looks nuts!
Reply 532

theres some wicked dnb/jungle nights at laktoa, the croft and the black swan. im debating if i should bring my decks to marketgate or not :s-smilie:
Reply 533
Original post by DannyR2811
Anyone planning on taking a Mini Fridge for there room? Are we allowed?

Not allowed :frown: unless it's for medication
Original post by slipup
im debating if i should bring my decks to marketgate or not :s-smilie:

DO IT!!!!
Original post by RossB-rfc
Not allowed :frown: unless it's for medication

Does Beer count as medication?

The music scene heavily influenced my discision also :biggrin:
Reply 537
Quite a fan of D&B. :biggrin:
Also, anyone know when we hear back regarding accomodation? Is it early June?
Reply 538
Original post by Jack22031994
Ok. hope its get sorted!

What course have you applied for?

Yeathey said I just had to write them a letter and they will change it :smile: umm marketing communications you? :smile:
Reply 539
Original post by lilyxx
Yeathey said I just had to write them a letter and they will change it :smile: umm marketing communications you? :smile:

whooop! i'm doing marketing communications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending