The Student Room Group

Paramedic science Stirling 2023

Hey

Has anyone had an offer for paramedic science for Stirling? Or interview for GCU?
I know people have been interviewed by GCU?

Personally, I haven’t, so I don’t know if that means a rejection, or just a later interview.

Don’t know about Stirling though.
Reply 2
I’m still waiting for interview although not holding up much hope for GCU.
Original post by 456jem
I’m still waiting for interview although not holding up much hope for GCU.

same
Reply 4
Original post by heinzbeans7
same

I heard back from Stirling 😊 xx
Original post by 456jem
I heard back from Stirling 😊 xx

Aw well done! What did they say?
Reply 6
Original post by heinzbeans7
Aw well done! What did they say?

Got offer 😊 so happy. I accepted offer as I hadn’t heard from GCU.
Thank you x
Original post by 456jem
Got offer 😊 so happy. I accepted offer as I hadn’t heard from GCU.
Thank you x

Happy days! Enjoy stirling :smile:
Original post by 456jem
Hey

Has anyone had an offer for paramedic science for Stirling? Or interview for GCU?

no not yet still hoping as i haven’t seen anyone say they’ve heard anything back ! enjoy stirling that’s so amazing welldone!! x
Reply 9
Original post by alicegr4ce1747
no not yet still hoping as i haven’t seen anyone say they’ve heard anything back ! enjoy stirling that’s so amazing welldone!! x

Thank you ☺️xx
(Original post by 456jem)Hey

Hi, I've applied to all 5 Scottish universities. I've had an unconditional from Stirling and I'm still waiting to hear from GCU (I have done my interview).

For context, I was rejected by UWS 10 days after submitting my application, but after being at the GCU interview I noticed a trend, UWS were rejecting a lot of applicants straight out of school, and most of the people I talked to also said that on UCAS it was because their personal statement was unsuitable (it said this for me too) Many of the people that got to the interview stage were much older, some with children, so I believe that UWS are looking for more mature, experienced applicants. I've done an RGU interview just waiting to hear back. I recently got an interview invitation at QMU, but yesterday declined the invitation because RGU and Stirling are my top choices and as I have an offer for Stirling I thought it was pointless to do the interview.

Sorry for a long-winded answer I tend to get carried away and go off on tangents, hope this helps!
Original post by scoob.lett
(Original post by 456jem)Hey

Hi, I've applied to all 5 Scottish universities. I've had an unconditional from Stirling and I'm still waiting to hear from GCU (I have done my interview).

For context, I was rejected by UWS 10 days after submitting my application, but after being at the GCU interview I noticed a trend, UWS were rejecting a lot of applicants straight out of school, and most of the people I talked to also said that on UCAS it was because their personal statement was unsuitable (it said this for me too) Many of the people that got to the interview stage were much older, some with children, so I believe that UWS are looking for more mature, experienced applicants. I've done an RGU interview just waiting to hear back. I recently got an interview invitation at QMU, but yesterday declined the invitation because RGU and Stirling are my top choices and as I have an offer for Stirling I thought it was pointless to do the interview.

Sorry for a long-winded answer I tend to get carried away and go off on tangents, hope this helps!

Update ~ I now have an unconditional from RGU which I’m going to accept. But only after GCU reply cause I’m curious what the outcome would be
Original post by scoob.lett
Update ~ I now have an unconditional from RGU which I’m going to accept. But only after GCU reply cause I’m curious what the outcome would be

Amazing!! Well done :smile: :smile: I am the same as you, however I got a conditional, I am still waiting to hear from GCU after my interview but don't think it's looking good. I know they sent out offers but makes me think they might be batching all the unsuccessful candidates together. Do you know anyone that has got a rejection from GCU after doing the interview?
Original post by Poster2213
Amazing!! Well done :smile: :smile: I am the same as you, however I got a conditional, I am still waiting to hear from GCU after my interview but don't think it's looking good. I know they sent out offers but makes me think they might be batching all the unsuccessful candidates together. Do you know anyone that has got a rejection from GCU after doing the interview?

I only know someone who didn’t even get an interview from them. They told me end of March so I also think I’m gonna get a rejection. But it doesn’t really matter I’m still shook that 4/5 out have gave me an interview and 2/3 interviews I’ve done have resulted in unconditional offers
Also UWS emailed my guidance teacher and told him that I should have done DofE I don’t think doing that would have made that big of a difference unless that’s the only reason they pick younger applicants, I don’t really care but it’s just funny to me
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Poster2213

I got rejected from GCU today but because they waited so close to their deadline I think i might have been on the fence of getting in so maybe they were waiting for people to accept or decline offers so if many people declined they would have given out more offers to those who didn’t do as well at interview. But doesn’t really matter RGU was my top choice and I accepted it today, so roll on September!
Original post by 456jem
Hey

I'm going to Stirling for paramedic science!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending