The Student Room Group

LIST OF OFFERS - Psychology 2012 Entry (No Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lbridge
well done to you too :smile: see you in october hopefully. Somerville , you ?

Pembroke for me :smile:

Yes see you in October, *fingers crossed*
Is your offer AAA? Which subjects?
University of West London - 220 points
University of Hertfordshire - 320 points
Brunel University - BBB

:smile:
Reply 382
Original post by xcatherinex

Pembroke for me :smile:

Yes see you in October, *fingers crossed*
Is your offer AAA? Which subjects?

yeah , so still plenty of chance to mess it up ! biology history chemistry or philsophy , how about you ?
Original post by ayeshaa18
University: Sheffield
Course Name: BSci Psychology
Predicted Grades: AAA
Offer: AAB (my two As have to be in Maths and Psychology)
Reaction: Ran screaming and slipped on the wooden flooring as I was wearing socks..

University: Leicester
Course Name: Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience
Offer: AAB
Reaction: Cried with happiness as this was my third offer.

University: Loughborough
Course name: BSc Psychology
Reaction: My first offer so absolute delight :biggrin:

Still waiting to hear from Nottingham for Psych with Cog Neuro but I am very very happy! :smile: alhamdulillah (all praise is to God)

Just wondering, when did you apply? I've also applied for Sheffield and waiting to hear back so I'm curious :smile:
Original post by lbridge
yeah , so still plenty of chance to mess it up ! biology history chemistry or philsophy , how about you ?

oh so you don't do psychology either? :smile:
mine is AAA in maths, further maths and physics.
University: Lancaster
Course: Psychology and Statistics
Offer: AAB (A in Maths)
Reaction: I have an offer from Glasgow so don't even care about Lancaster anymore! :biggrin: Just one uni to go (Stirling, which'll hopefully be my insurance)!

Negged for knowing what universities I'd like to go to?! :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 386
Original post by Determined*
University: Essex
Course: BSc Psychology
Offer: Pass the Access Course with 6 Level 3 Credits at Distinction and remaining credits at Merit
Offer Received: 23rd December
Reaction: Really shocked and happy as it is my second choice and the requirements are quite good :smile:

University: Essex
Course: BA Psychology
Offer: Pass the Access Course with 6 Level 3 Credits at Distinction and remaining credits at Merit
Offer Received: 23rd December
Reaction: Received this offer at the same time as the other Essex offer so was really happy.

University: Anglia Ruskin
Course: BSc Psychology
Offer: Pass the Access Course with 30 Level 3 Credts at Distinction
Offer Received: 21st December
Reaction: Woohoo my first offer and just before Christmas. Yay :smile:

Hi! :biggrin:

I'm doing an Access course too, and have had the same offers for the Essex BSc & Anglia Ruskin!

I've also had offers for 2 courses at University Campus Suffolk (Psychology & Criminology, and single Criminology). Just waiting on UEA now, which is my absolutely fave! Where else have you applied to?

Sorry if I sound a mad, it's just so nice to finally find somebody in the same boat as me! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 387

oh so you don't do psychology either? :smile:
mine is AAA in maths, further maths and physics.

:0 you do some crazy hard subjects. Nah i'm not , glad i'm not the only one :smile: I'm scared i will get tehre and realise i don't like psychology !
Original post by lbridge
:0 you do some crazy hard subjects. Nah i'm not , glad i'm not the only one :smile: I'm scared i will get tehre and realise i don't like psychology !

So do you! And tbh I would find an essay subject like history far harder than my mathsy ones :smile:
I was scared of getting there and not knowing anything about it whilst everyone else was quoting theories and stuff but I think there are a few of us :smile:
Do you have Facebook? There is a group for Oxford offers and another for Oxford psychology people.
Original post by Abz93

Original post by Abz93
Well done on your offers!!
I've applied to all three of those places as well. :-)
When did you send your UCAS form off and where else have you applied?

Thank you, and you, I applied the 1st November and I've also got offers at Birmingham and Exeter x
Original post by ZeedyA
Hi! :biggrin:

I'm doing an Access course too, and have had the same offers for the Essex BSc & Anglia Ruskin!

I've also had offers for 2 courses at University Campus Suffolk (Psychology & Criminology, and single Criminology). Just waiting on UEA now, which is my absolutely fave! Where else have you applied to?

Sorry if I sound a mad, it's just so nice to finally find somebody in the same boat as me! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi thanks for getting back to me. It's nice to see someone else in the same boat as well!!:smile: I have applied for the 2 at Essex, Anglia Ruskin and UEA as well. I am still waiting to hear from UEA and like you it is my favourite as well! It seems to be taking forever to hear back from them though. I have heard that all mature students have to have interviews for their Psychology course so that could possibly be why it is taking so long. I would be devastated if I got a rejection but it is meant to be really competetive so just hoping for the best :smile:
What is your second choice after UEA? I am thinking about Essex but am going for a visit day there next week and Anglia Ruskins Open day soon so will make my mind up once I have visited them both :smile:
Reply 391

Original post by f.d
Just wondering, when did you apply? I've also applied for Sheffield and waiting to hear back so I'm curious :smile:

my ucas was sent off on the 16th december and they gave me an offer on the 5th jan. hope this helps and good luck :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by Determined*
Hi thanks for getting back to me. It's nice to see someone else in the same boat as well!!:smile: I have applied for the 2 at Essex, Anglia Ruskin and UEA as well. I am still waiting to hear from UEA and like you it is my favourite as well! It seems to be taking forever to hear back from them though. I have heard that all mature students have to have interviews for their Psychology course so that could possibly be why it is taking so long. I would be devastated if I got a rejection but it is meant to be really competetive so just hoping for the best :smile:
What is your second choice after UEA? I am thinking about Essex but am going for a visit day there next week and Anglia Ruskins Open day soon so will make my mind up once I have visited them both :smile:

Ooo I though they just interviewed people for vocational degrees? Maybe an interview wouldn't be so bad, at least it wouldn't be an outright rejection! I'm thinking they're waiting until they've sent out all A-Level student offers before they move onto us. Well, more preying & hoping than just thinking really lol.

Not really sure about my 2nd choice yet, they're all about the same as I'd have to relocate my family etc. Think I need to go to some visit days to help me decide, but haven't put my name down yet :redface: need to get a move on!

Where are you studying for your Access course? And when did you send off your UCAS? :biggrin:
Original post by ZeedyA
Ooo I though they just interviewed people for vocational degrees? Maybe an interview wouldn't be so bad, at least it wouldn't be an outright rejection! I'm thinking they're waiting until they've sent out all A-Level student offers before they move onto us. Well, more preying & hoping than just thinking really lol.

Not really sure about my 2nd choice yet, they're all about the same as I'd have to relocate my family etc. Think I need to go to some visit days to help me decide, but haven't put my name down yet :redface: need to get a move on!

Where are you studying for your Access course? And when did you send off your UCAS? :biggrin:

Yes I went for a mature student Psychology open day at the UEA and the man running it said that all mature students who arent doing A Levels have to have an interview but like you said thats better than a rejection. We need to stay positive and no rejection talk though lol. It seems to be one of the only courses there that does require interviews though as I know people who have offers for other courses there without interviews. From what I have heard the interviews should be around the end of February so hopefully they will be finished going through the A Levels and get on to us :smile: :smile:
I am at City College Norwich. What about you? Yes I know what you mean it is best to visit them first especially with having a family and if you will be going there for 3 years you have to know it is right for you. I have a family as well so am just planning on commuting each day if I go to Essex or Anglia Ruskin as I have heard that you aren't in all week and the terms are shorter than school terms so hopefully it won't be too bad :smile: I sent my application the beginning of December. It seems like it has been forever now!!! What about you?
Reply 394
All 5 offers for;
Staffordshire 280 points with counselling skills
Edge Hill 280 points
Chester 300 points with at least BBC included
Liverpool AAB
MMU BBB

Predicted grades are ABBB :smile:
University: Exeter
Course Name: BSc Psychology
Predicted Grades: AAB
Offer: AAA

University: Durham
Course Name: Applied Psychology
Predicted Grades: AAB
Offer: ABB
Reply 396
University: UEA
Course: Psychology
Predicted: A*AA
Offer:ABB

University: Sheffield

University: York

University: Nottingham

Just bath to hear from! But I hear they're highly competitive :frown:
Am waiting to hear from Bath too - not really sure what to expect from them - obviously it's highly competitive, but I think people are turned off by that and don't apply there. The year abroad offered sounds incredible though, but whether or not I firm it (if they even offer me a place) all depends on what the offer is (hoping they may give out A*AB or AAA instead of A*AA).
Reply 398
The high grades seem so hard to get, the year out definitely is something I want so if I don't go there I'll probably go notts as they offer a year abroad too but studying rather than working :smile: where else have you applied?
Reply 399
Original post by cfp27

Original post by cfp27
The high grades seem so hard to get, the year out definitely is something I want so if I don't go there I'll probably go notts as they offer a year abroad too but studying rather than working :smile: here else have you applied?

Nottingham only offered Malaysia, and at that there's only 3 places they said at the open day I think :s

Quick Reply

Latest