The Student Room Group

LIST OF OFFERS - Psychology 2012 Entry (No Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
University: Royal Holloway
Course Name: BSc Psychology
Predicted Grades: (38/45)
Offer: Conditional: 35 (5 in Math)

University: University Of Exeter
Offer: Conditional: 36 (6 in HL Biology)

University: University of Durham
Course Name: BSc Psychology (C800)
Offer: Conditional: 37 (6,6,6 in HL)
Alternative Offer: Conditional: 80% OSSD in 6 Courses

University: University of Bristol
Offer: Conditional: 37 (6,6,6 in HL)
Reply 481
University: University of Aberdeen
Course Name: MA Psychology
Offer: ABBB (Highers)
Reaction: woot, 2nd offer, was hoping it'd be a bit lower but still likely to be my insurance :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
University: UCL
Course Name: Psychology Bsc
Predicted Grades: 40/45
Offer: 39/45 667 HL
University: Edinburgh
Course Name: Psychology (C801)
Offer: AAB
Reaction: OH MY GOD WHAT AAAAAAAAGH, totally wasn't expecting to get an offer and thought that if I did it'd definitely be AAA. So excited, but can't decide between Edinburgh and Glasgow...
Reply 484
University: Leeds
Predicted Grades: A*BB
Offer: AAB / BBB (Access to Leeds)
Reaction: so happy! really didn't think they'd give me an offer at all. firm :smile:
GCSEs: 8A* 2A
AS Grades; AAAA
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A

Course: BSc Psychology
University: UCL
Offer: A*AA

University: Queen's University Belfast
Offer:BBB

University: St Andrews
Offer: AAA

Course: Psychology (Forensic Science)
University: Heriot-Watt
Offer: BBB

Course: Psychology with 1 year professional placement
University: Cardiff
Reply 486
University: Nottingham
Course Name: Psychology (with cognitive neuroscience)
Predicted grades: ABB
Offer: ABB
Reaction: woooooooooo most likely first choice

University: Leicester
Course Name Psychology (with cognitive neuroscience)
Reaction: wooooooo first choice if i think i can get AAB... which probs not looking at Jan exams

University: Loughborough
Course Name Psychology
Reaction: Annoyed they want AAB not ABB as they first said :/

University: Oxford Brookes
Course Name Psychology

University: Keele
Course Name Psychology (with neuroscience)
Reaction: Most likely insurance :smile:
Reply 487
Original post by Jessica.amelia
Congratulations! Do you think you will put Bath as your Firm? I have a place at Bath next year. Do you have facebook? xxx

Hey! I'm not sure yet it's between them and York I think but I'm a bit disappointed bath aren't doing a psychology open day! What made you choose them? And I do but it's deactivated ATM xx
Reply 488
Original post by Ameena
University: Nottingham
Course Name: Psychology (with cognitive neuroscience)
Reaction: woooooooooo most likely first choice

University: Leicester
Course Name Psychology (with cognitive neuroscience)
Reaction: wooooooo first choice if i think i can get AAB... which probs not looking at Jan exams

Course Name Psychology
Reaction: Annoyed they want AAB not ABB as they first said :/

University: Oxford Brookes
Course Name Psychology

University: Keele
Course Name Psychology (with neuroscience)
Reaction: Most likely insurance :smile:

Can I ask why you want to do it with neuroscience?
We both applied for Leicester, Loughborough and Nottingham (even though slight course difference) which I haven't seen someone do too on here! Haha
University: Bath
Course Name: Psychology
Predicted grades: A*A*A*
Offer: A*AA
Reaction: Declining it but happy as it was my final offer

ALSO, could you please correct my Lancaster offer?
It was originally for psychology in education but they have emailed me to say they have cancelled that course so it is now just for straight psychology.
University: Durham
Course Name:Psychology
Predicted Grades: A*AA
Offer:AAA

University: Bath
Course Name:Psychology
Predicted Grades:A*AA
Offer:A*AA
Thought I'd pay a visit to the Student Room again to check whether Bath had started dishing out offers - and it seems they have - was going to withdraw. Am going to wait until March 8 for results and if I don't hear back, withdraw - an A*AA offer is what I'd expect if they were to give me one - but I'm finding difficulty in keeping up with my AAA (Bristol) offer as it is.
Original post by cfp27
Hey! I'm not sure yet it's between them and York I think but I'm a bit disappointed bath aren't doing a psychology open day! What made you choose them? And I do but it's deactivated ATM xx

Hey congrats on your offers! :smile: I am stuck between Bath and UCL as firm :/.. I was wondering how you know Bath isn't doing a Psychology Open Day? I contacted them via email last week and they still haven't replied, only got an automated message telling me about official open days in June which by then is too late.. I tried ringing the Psychology department but no one answers the phone so I might just pop in and visit. But yeah how did you find out they're not doing an open day?
Reply 493
Original post by TrampingRampage
Hey congrats on your offers! :smile: I am stuck between Bath and UCL as firm :/.. I was wondering how you know Bath isn't doing a Psychology Open Day? I contacted them via email last week and they still haven't replied, only got an automated message telling me about official open days in June which by then is too late.. I tried ringing the Psychology department but no one answers the phone so I might just pop in and visit. But yeah how did you find out they're not doing an open day?

I literally looked at the website for ages and under the open days but it says that different departments hold departmental open days but when you go on the psychology page it says that psychology currently does not do departmental open days :/ I'm not sure how to make an accurate decision now! Congrats on your offers too!
Original post by cfp27
I literally looked at the website for ages and under the open days but it says that different departments hold departmental open days but when you go on the psychology page it says that psychology currently does not do departmental open days :/ I'm not sure how to make an accurate decision now! Congrats on your offers too!

Oh right I can see it now.. I found their website very confusing to navigate around :P How did I miss that lol. But that's such a shame.. I rung them up and they said I could visit tomorrow though. So last minute decision I am going tomorrow for an individual visit (and missing school :P) so I'll let you know what it's like! So you're deciding between York and Bath? York has a brilliant Psychology department too :smile:
Reply 495
University: Edinburgh
Course Name: Psychology (C801)
Offer: AA In Scottish Highers
Reaction: SO SOS OSO SOSOSSO SHOCKED. Definite Insurance as my Glasgow offer is AAA.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 496
Original post by TrampingRampage
Oh right I can see it now.. I found their website very confusing to navigate around :P How did I miss that lol. But that's such a shame.. I rung them up and they said I could visit tomorrow though. So last minute decision I am going tomorrow for an individual visit (and missing school :P) so I'll let you know what it's like! So you're deciding between York and Bath? York has a brilliant Psychology department too :smile:

Ooh I might plan an individual visit for sometime too then! And yeah it's super hard as they're both similar cities and consistently high on league tables but bath has the work placement year whereas York has better facilities and seems friendlier, I think I might see what results I get as bath ask for A*AA but I only need AAB for York! How are you managing deciding between UCL and bath?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 497
Original post by Tay594
Can I ask why you want to do it with neuroscience?
We both applied for Leicester, Loughborough and Nottingham (even though slight course difference) which I haven't seen someone do too on here! Haha

Haha yeah me neither, whats your first choice then? :smile:
And well because I have always been interested in neuroscience and had considered that first as just a degree on its own, but there werent actually that many uni's that did it as i hoped, and when looking into it i got too scared at the fact it seemed way too 'sciency'? on its own. haha and by doing psychology as an alevel i really wanted to continue it so i opted to it with neurosciencee tooooo :smile:
University: Nottingham Trent
Course Name: C800
Predicted Grades: ABB
Offer: 320 UCAS Tariff point
Reaction: Haven't really got one :lol:

Course Name: C801
Predicted Grades: ABB
Reaction: Funny enough back in September I would have killed for this offer but since I've moved and now have my sights set on Manchester <3

Now I've got all my offers :biggrin:
After seeing Newcastle today, despite it being really amazing, I think I'm having Manchester as my firm and UEA as my insurance. I'm aiming for A*BB at the moment which is achievable if I work well, but the idea of aiming for AAB makes me want to cry. While I normally work well under pressure I can't cope with this long term anxiety of university choices so I've decided for my health I'm best off not trying to aim for Newcastle :lol:
Reply 499
Original post by Ameena
Haha yeah me neither, whats your first choice then? :smile:
And well because I have always been interested in neuroscience and had considered that first as just a degree on its own, but there werent actually that many uni's that did it as i hoped, and when looking into it i got too scared at the fact it seemed way too 'sciency'? on its own. haha and by doing psychology as an alevel i really wanted to continue it so i opted to it with neurosciencee tooooo :smile:

My first choice is York but I haven't heard from them yet so if they reject me I am going to firm Leicester and insure Loughborugh (even though they are the same grade requirements...)
Ohh that's really interesting :smile: Well that sounds perfect for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest